Official 8.1/Cyan for the Icon?

Status
Not open for further replies.

JK75

Nov 27, 2012
Visit site
At least they added the HTC so Verizon still has a top tier windows phone.

Am I the only one who thinks the HTC is hideous? Reminds me of my HTC Thunderbolt from a few years back. Ugly, no wireless charging, much worse camera than Icon, and no Lumia apps, plus a manufacturer with a history of abandoning their products quickly...

I have been thinking of switching to AT&T, but I don't see anything in their Lumia line that I love either. Maybe something new for the holidays...

awilliams1701

Jun 17, 2013
Visit site
I don't think they have a clue as to what's going on. They probably have an iphone 6+ jammed up where the sun don't shine and that's the only thing they give a crap about.

If you look above...one person is saying that they chatted Verizon and the Icon is now discontinued.

If this is true...I'm officially done caring about this anymore...

This reminds me of when I was one of the lone American users of S60 phones like the N95 and E66. Time to move on :crying:

MikeSo

Dec 31, 2012
Visit site
If you look above...one person is saying that they chatted Verizon and the Icon is now discontinued.

This reminds me of when I was one of the lone American users of S60 phones like the N95 and E66. Time to move on :crying:
becho321 is laughing his *** off that anyone fell for his fake chat transcript. ;)

Neil Hinkle

Feb 26, 2013
Visit site
I agree. Regardless of the reason it shouldn't appear halfway like that. I'm a web developer myself. If I update the information on any page of my website it doesn't break the page. If I delete something then its gone 100%. With that said I used to have issues with amphersands and other specially reserved characters. I solved that problem a long time ago and the new design prevents that problem from ever occurring again.

I also agree. Someone probably accidentally pushed something from their staging site and that's what we're seeing. It might mean nothing.

Still crossing my fingers that it comes back with updated info for 8.1/Cyan but not counting on it.

kloar

Oct 29, 2012
Visit site

And if you look even further above, to the first post on this thread, the Verizon Rep said we'd be getting this in the middle of July. They are highly misinformed.

awilliams1701

Jun 17, 2013
Visit site
That's how I do my development. I have accidentally pushed things that weren't ready, but if it breaks anything, it breaks everything not just a single entry.

drufranco

Apr 17, 2014
Visit site
I remember when I got the LG Dare and then they phased it out a few months later...
For a flagship phone just over 4 months from its anniversary I find it hard to believe they are abandoning it.
Anyways like others have mentioned I am hoping they are actually updating the information on it to include the 8.1 / Cyan / Denim (wish) update.

It still shows up on Microsoft's web site...

anon(7901790)

Aug 5, 2013
Visit site
I don't think Verizon is phasing out the Icon. Especially since the 928, 8x, and the Ativ are all still listed. It may be that they are low on stock. It may be a website glitch. It may be that Verizon is updating it to reflect WP8.1/Cyan (but the 928 should be affected too); or any number of other reasons.

The point being is that WE DON'T KNOW; and that none of the VZW reps would likely know either. So how about we just go back to bashing Verizon for not pushing out WP8.1/Cyan and leave it at that?

Oh yeah... Are we there yet? :evil:

P.S. I think I need to get some more popcorn. Would anybody like some?

khador

Sep 24, 2013
Visit site
If you guys think it sucks waiting I have it doubly bad, I still have my 928 and the Icon. I put the Icon on ebay the other day but didn't have the heart to sell it and withdrew it. Something keeps pulling me back to it, but right now it's sat with a fresh install of 8.0 while my Moto X gets all the love and tbh it's been damn nice having good apps back. You forget just how crappy the situation is when using them every day, having real Pocket instead of paid for Poki, real Pinterest instead of crap Pinterest or Pin.it, real Starbucks instead of paid for MyBucks or whatever is being supported on any given day, the list goes on.

Kruzen

Oct 9, 2014
Visit site
After missing the phone for free a month ago, and checking everyday for it to come down again I wake up to this. Figures verizon would find another way to screw me :)

aximtreo

Jul 14, 2008
Visit site
Dagnabbit it! Oh, yeah. I moved to AT&T yesterday and activated my 1520. Any one want to buy a good Verizon Phone?

Update: Not funny. My apologies.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
hetb