Official 8.1/Cyan for the Icon?

Status
Not open for further replies.

JK75

Nov 27, 2012
Visit site
Fairly sure if they have discontinued the Icon this soon and they aren't going to continue updating it, I will go to AT&T. Not even sure it will be a WP on AT&T - I just cannot support a company like Verizon after this experience and my experience with the HTC Thunderbolt. To be honest, AT&T has good coverage where I live and I spoke to a friend of mine today in my hometown (south-central WI) and he indicated that AT&T bought spectrum and will be opening stores there soon. It sure sounds to be like Verizon's network advantage is being chipped away, slowly but surely. Maybe at some point in the future Verizon will be forced to stop being so arrogant and start thinking about customer service.

tkolar15

Jul 16, 2014
Visit site
I highly doubt it's retired.

However, even if it is, that doesn't negate what you say. The existing Icons can still get Denim even if it's retired.

With the way Verizon has done their updates for WP especially do you think they will update a "retired" phone? If it is retired and we get Denim that will be the last imo.

MikeSo

Dec 31, 2012
Visit site
With the way Verizon has done their updates for WP especially do you think they will update a "retired" phone? If it is retired and we get Denim that will be the last imo.

That would be fine with me. I just want the SensorCore and BT LE enabled.

beerme1

Feb 23, 2014
Visit site
After missing the phone for free a month ago, and checking everyday for it to come down again I wake up to this. Figures verizon would find another way to screw me :)

Me too lol I'm dishing the $99 I guess this weekend. I know my local store still has one and the msft store also for $99

tkolar15

Jul 16, 2014
Visit site
Bottom line is if the Icon is not being retired and they are changing it from being pre-loaded with 8 to 8.1 why are they A.) saying it is retired, B.) Not saying something other than that. Anything (it's out of stock, it's being re-branded, they had a glitch on their site and will resolve it soon). If anyone tried purchasing one today they lost all of those customers as i'm fairly certain most WP users will not let a VZW rep talk them into an iOS or Android.

MikeSo

Dec 31, 2012
Visit site
if the Icon is not being retired and they are changing it from being pre-loaded with 8 to 8.1 why are they A.) saying it is retired, B.) Not saying something other than that.

Because the CSRs have NO IDEA anymore than you or I do. And out of the quotes we got in this thread, one said it was just out of stock.

MikeSo

Dec 31, 2012
Visit site
Tweet from VZW Support

VZW Support ‏@VZWSupport 29 seconds ago
@ME We have stock in all areas, however it has been retired. *AC

Well that is the most official-sounding quote so far for sure. :(
Not sure what it means still though. It might come back under a different model number, who knows.

EDIT: I tweeted Rubino about it...

awilliams1701

Jun 17, 2013
Visit site
Its very odd they would retire the newer phone and keep the older ones. I also don't think its about Cyan. If it was about Cyan wouldn't the 928 disappear too?

anon(7901790)

Aug 5, 2013
Visit site
[video]http://www.bing.com/videos/search?q=march+of+the+gladiators+circus+music&FORM=VIRE1#view=detail&mid=9AC1E8BD568CCA5DC76E9AC1E8BD568CCA5DC76E[/video]

Can anybody else hear the music?

Indistinguishable

Nov 16, 2012
Visit site
Tweet from VZW Support

VZW Support ‏@VZWSupport 29 seconds ago
@ME We have stock in all areas, however it has been retired. *AC

Well that is the most official-sounding quote so far for sure. :(
Not sure what it means still though. It might come back under a different model number, who knows.

The @vzwSupport twitter team knows just as much as the CSR's that all these conversations are coming from. Nothing.

Sales through the Verizon website for the Nokia Lumia Icon are on hold until Cyan/8.1 is out. Plain and simple.

nunyazz

Nov 20, 2012
Visit site
pzEGC_zps7fd122c2.gif

anon(7901790)

Aug 5, 2013
Visit site
The @vzwSupport twitter team knows just as much as the CSR's that all these conversations are coming from. Nothing.

Sales through the Verizon website for the Nokia Lumia Icon are on hold until Cyan/8.1 is out. Plain and simple.

*munching on popcorn*

I'm with you bro! But people are going to believe what they will... so why don't you join me for some popcorn and enjoy the show.

march of the gladiators circus music - Bing Videos

tkolar15

Jul 16, 2014
Visit site

Listen i want to remain positive like you but do you really think Verizon or anyone for that matter would tell everyone it's retired if it's on hold until 8.1/cyan is out? Even if CSRs or Support don't know anything they would at least get word from someone higher in the chain to say something different.

Kieta

Jan 18, 2013
Visit site
Yeah, not buying that the ICON will be retired. These are the same reps who wouldn't acknowledge there was even an ICON in the first place when Verizon put up test ICON pages on their website before it was released. I believe it will be a new roll out of ICON loaded with 8.1.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jacobss