Official 8.1/Cyan for the Icon?

Status
Not open for further replies.

SteveNoza

Jul 16, 2014
Visit site
Wow, step away from this thread for a bit and all heck breaks loose! Man I hope Verizon pulled stock so they can re-stock the Icon with 8.1/ Cyan, or better yet, Denim.

WinAndTech

Oct 7, 2013
Visit site
You guys want results? Every company is about image, can we agree? Start a smear campaign of sorts against Verizon?

Let's come up with a saying, as a group, we will mass post on social media sites every day until we get what we are after. Twitter,Facebook,G+ and anything else you can think of. Not comments, but posts instead. Simple copy and past. Set a deadline when we start and get it on the way. I think something along these lines:

Verizon, why are you ignoring Windows Phone users? We pay you well, take care of us!

That makes them look bad without being mean. Come together for this cause even if you are not on Verizon and support the cause. The more people, the more likely the results. Every day, maybe twice a day. Get your friends in on it. Could be fun.

What you all think?

Rockinroofer

Nov 17, 2013
Visit site
Re: Rockinroofer;2806544,
Please check your facts and site your sources. (This will help us keep track of who is careful with the facts).

It's the web who knows what's true, Anyway here is the source. I can't post links. Sorry for any confusion this may have caused
just very frustrated with my Icon, MS and Verizon.

First Headline from PhoneArena.com : MS said to be terminating Surface tablet line
Second Headline from PhoneArena.com: MS Surface tablets won't be discontinued, new Pro line confirmed.

pechio

May 19, 2013
Visit site
You guys want results? Every company is about image, can we agree? Start a smear campaign of sorts against Verizon?

Let's come up with a saying, as a group, we will mass post on social media sites every day until we get what we are after. Twitter,Facebook,G+ and anything else you can think of. Not comments, but posts instead. Simple copy and past. Set a deadline when we start and get it on the way. I think something along these lines:

Verizon, why are you ignoring Windows Phone users? We pay you well, take care of us!

That makes them look bad without being mean. Come together for this cause even if you are not on Verizon and support the cause. The more people, the more likely the results. Every day, maybe twice a day. Get your friends in on it. Could be fun.

What you all think?

I'm tired of Veriphone

WinAndTech

Oct 7, 2013
Visit site
I'm tired of Veriphone

You and I both.

But, why should they not be held accountable? They did us wrong and it is what it is. Should we just hand them the win and pay our etf and let them win win? I say let them hurt a little. Even if we just smear them enough to lose 100 potential customers, we won something. And we may even be able to get the people who stay and love the phone the update they should get. Win for us and not all a win for Verizon.

anywhereanytime

Sep 25, 2009
Visit site
Anyone "think" that this "may have to do" with Microsoft "dropping the Nokia name" and re-branding leading up to the holidays?

It's quite surprising that Verizon was "out-of-stock" with the Lumia Icon for half of September as we kept seeing back in stock on 9/17 or 9/22 ... this was around the time that the iPhone 6 was launched.

Yet, where the frick is Joe Belfiore and Steven Elop on all of this ?

WinAndTech

Oct 7, 2013
Visit site
I encourage many of you to just relax and see how this all pans out.

I suppose your right.

I mean Verizon has went out of their way to take my money every month... Errrrr... Sorry... Verizon has been so up front and has been letting us know every step of the way how the update....Wait.... Errrrr... Sorry... Verizon touts the best network and charges more for it... HEY.... I got one....

WinAndTech

Oct 7, 2013
Visit site

It will never go anywhere. I will not sign because I know better.

The proposal I made above that reflects on the image of the company will show results. But none will probably band together because all we do is gripe nowadays and we don't put our gripes into action.

100 people posting on social networks each and every day for the world to see will do something. 500 people posting to a petition hidden from the public eye is not effecting them one way or the other.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jacobss