So far this Lumia Icon is great!

godse573

May 9, 2014
Visit site
So its been one full day since I got my Lumia icon, and so far I'm satisfied. I just upgraded from my Lumia 822 and that was a fantastic phone. There are a few things that are missing that I would have liked to have on my icon, being one the glance screen. I absolutely love it especially when it is charging. Not a huge knock, but its coming with cyan so ill be fine until then.
Next up is the speaker, now I looked this up and I couldn't find any results so let me share my experience. When playing songs on low volume, the song sort of cuts out where there is no vocal or any sort of loud sounds. It does this up to 8 volume, and it is really weird. Again, not really a knock, but definitely disappointing. If anyone else experiences this, some feedback would be great.
And also, why is there no option for turning off the vibrate on the capacitive keys? I actually like having the no vibrate option. And also when you scroll down to the touch settings, in grey it says sensitivity, wake up and Windows keys, when only sensitivity is present?
Maybe I'm being too picky, I don't know. But what I do know is that I'm excited for what this phone has in its future, 8.1 and cyan, because the hardware can definitely take it! Anyways thanks and ill make sure to stay posted on anything else I experience!

Dreamspell

Oct 20, 2013
Visit site
There should be an option under 'touch' to disable the vibration for the navigation bar, I have it on my Icon. Also, Glance is not coming with Cyan, if ever. Double tap to wake however might be coming with Cyan.

Indistinguishable

Nov 16, 2012
Visit site
Yeah, unfortunately, Glance will never come to the Icon. Double Tap To Wake is supposed to come with Cyan, though. And I think that's a decent consolation.

Glad you like your Icon. I've had mine for about 5 months, and I'm so glad I got it.

godse573

May 9, 2014
Visit site
Really? I thought I read that it was coming... Thats a shame! Oh well, I love it anyways. And indistinguishable, is that a surface 2 I spot? We have the same lineup of devises man!

SteveNoza

Jul 16, 2014
Visit site
I've had mine for a week, all is going well. I love the screen, and how well it adapts to ambient light. The whole keyboard, word suggest, auto-correct works great too. I have barely used the camera. Being a long time BlackBerry user, I do miss the red blinking notification light and not having more settings customization, but all-in-all, a great phone.

godse573

May 9, 2014
Visit site
I've had mine for a week, all is going well. I love the screen, and how well it adapts to ambient light. The whole keyboard, word suggest, auto-correct works great too. I have barely used the camera. Being a long time BlackBerry user, I do miss the red blinking notification light and not having more settings customization, but all-in-all, a great phone.

And if I'm not mistaken, the Samsung ativ se or something, the Samsung windows phone. It has something like the notification light I think. Not a pro on Samsung but that might be what that is...

SteveNoza

Jul 16, 2014
Visit site
And if I'm not mistaken, the Samsung ativ se or something, the Samsung windows phone. It has something like the notification light I think. Not a pro on Samsung but that might be what that is...

I didn't really consider the Samsung Windows Phone as I have never been impressed with the build on their smartphones.

salmanahmad

Banned
May 12, 2014
Visit site
Sadly the screen technology will not support Glance even with Cyan, however Cyan will have a lot of camera improvements so stay tuned for that.

If you have Lumia Black you can turn off the button vibration, by going to settings:

epytyzym.png

Sent from my RM-914_im_mea3_380 using Tapatalk

BB_Jay

May 8, 2014
Visit site

I came from Blackberry as well. I miss the notification light as well, however, after two months I've managed to adjust without it. I love the customization of Windows Phone. All in all, I'm very impressed with my a Icon!

vepac

Apr 30, 2014
Visit site
When I had a 928 I didn't use glance because I really didn't see the point in using it but I thought double tap to wake was nice so I used that on days I didn't worry about battery life. Would like to see double tap come to the icon but if it doesn't its not that big of a deal for me either.

Tepid

Jan 26, 2013
Visit site
Actually, there may be something like Glance coming in GDR1
It's called Smart Cover App. It works based off the proximity sensor.
So, if you have a case that folders over the display like a notebook cover
when you open it, it will turn the screen on.

We will have to wait and see what this really means as far as waving your hand over the sensor to turn the screen on
rather than having to push the button. There could be issues with that though.
Such as, having it in your pocket and the screen just turn on cause the sensor was tripped, or other like scenarios.

But this is not Glance.

Collin Leverette

Mar 10, 2014
Visit site
Sadly the screen technology will not support Glance even with Cyan, however Cyan will have a lot of camera improvements so stay tuned for that.

If you have Lumia Black you can turn off the button vibration, by going to settings:

http://img.tapatalk.com/d/14/07/21/epytyzym.png
Sent from my RM-914_im_mea3_380 using Tapatalk

This isn't a challenge at all so please don't read it that way but can you or someone else explain this to me or point me to an article about it?

Seems to me that the 928 and the Icon have the same screen technology.

theozbc

Jul 27, 2014
Visit site
Received my Icon on July 25th. Transferred over from the S3 running Kit Kat. Enjoying the experience so far. Have 8.1 DP, waiting for Cyan.i realize I may have to reset back to 8.0.

xrs22

Sep 29, 2011
Visit site
I've reverted back to 8.0 from 8.1 dev preview. I kinda miss it but with cyan should have less problems. Yeah the windows vibrate button will turn off on dev preview. I came from the 928 back in June on the edge program and love it. Sucks with the limit in colors but I got a clear case to show case my matte white which I like better than gloss.

Tepid

Jan 26, 2013
Visit site
This isn't a challenge at all so please don't read it that way but can you or someone else explain this to me or point me to an article about it?

It has to do with Screen Memory, the 928 uses a different screen than the Icon
This is well documented all over the place and quite heavily here in WPC.
Search around and you will find the reason why Icon will never get Glance.

salmanahmad

Banned
May 12, 2014
Visit site

Haha here's the link to the article: http://www.google.com.pk/url?q=http...AQFjAB&usg=AFQjCNGV7UEUuNlVJeCw6NZ1jzx27sL2gQ

Hope the link works. Basically they had to let go of the screen tech to enable Cyan to save on extra cost for the device.

I have a 520(no Glance) but I did use Glance for a while on a 620, I didn't find the feature all that amazing.

Despite having lost one thing, think of what you've gained.

1080p, higher PPI, bigger, etc.

Collin Leverette

Mar 10, 2014
Visit site
Oh I don't think of it as a loss. Only had the 928 a short while. Just wanted to see the real reason, display memory, not that they are different screens techs since they are both amoled. I'm good either way.

Timbre70

Jul 10, 2014
Visit site
I owned a Samsung WP before. No, it doesn't have a blinking LED notification light. Only their Android phone has.

Beware of Amoled screen. Mine died w/o warning after 1.5 years.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jacobss