Difficulty reverting back to wp8.0

Ltauhmise

Apr 8, 2013
Visit site
Have used DP 8.1 for several months. Love it. But saw the thread on cyan bricking phones with DP. I downloaded Nokia recovery but it wont recognize my phone. Does anyone know if a MS store will flash 8.0 back onto my phone if I bring it in?

ven07

Jan 27, 2014
Visit site
Oh boy.. Cyan will not break your phone -_- it was an issue for those that had bitlocker encryption..
If you have DP or Cyan and your phone is still fine (no blue screens of death) then there is no reason to downgrade

ssapre

Oct 30, 2012
Visit site
Have used DP 8.1 for several months. Love it. But saw the thread on cyan bricking phones with DP. I downloaded Nokia recovery but it wont recognize my phone. Does anyone know if a MS store will flash 8.0 back onto my phone if I bring it in?
If you dont see any problems with your phone, why you want to go back to 8? As such reported issues for Cyan are mostly on the devices having encryption.
BTW, if you go with the method with Nokia Software Updater, that worked perfect on my phone.

ssapre

Oct 30, 2012
Visit site
How do I know if my phone has encryption?

Sent from my Surface Pro 3 using Tapatalk
If you bought your phone (havent got from your employer), are using it normally for your personal use - no official mails and all, you just download apps and play games - then simple...sit relax and enjoy. As per MS updates, you need not to worry about it.

ven07

Jan 27, 2014
Visit site
If you bought your phone (havent got from your employer), are using it normally for your personal use - no official mails and all, you just download apps and play games - then simple...sit relax and enjoy. As per MS updates, you need not to worry about it.

Lol well put! So many people are panicking :/

spicypadthai

Feb 27, 2014
Visit site
I agree about waiting to see if you even need to. But if you want to revert, try the Software Updater. Looks like the download link still works. It preceded the Recovery Tool, which I couldn't get to work. It took a couple tries with the Updater. Uninstall the Recovery tool completely, including the additional components it installs. When given a choice, choose the option for "phone won't turn on".

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DrPendragon