Issue with NSU and ICON

anon(8503161)

Feb 2, 2014
Visit site
I was just trying to revert to WP8 via the NSU on my ICON today and I keep getting error 0x80131500. Does this mean I will have to wait for NSU to get the Cyan firmware instead of getting it OTA?

David P2

Mar 10, 2014
Visit site
Try the retail recovery tool - I think Nokia are starting to crack down on NSU and the other one because they shouldn't be in the public domain in the first place. They were designed for use by Nokia engineers and support staff, which is why they released the Retail tool for public use.

David P2

Mar 10, 2014
Visit site
Nokia Retail Recovery Tool. it's sole purpose is to flash back to 8.0 for the phone's original ROM. That's the one I think they want everyone to use as it's publicly available through normal channels.

spicypadthai

Feb 27, 2014
Visit site
If it fails, before retrying, you need to delete the contents of the download destination folder within the Program Files folder. I forget the exact name but you should be able to find it easily. And I think David P2 is referring to the Software Updater for Retail, which preceded the Recovery Tool.

David P2

Mar 10, 2014
Visit site
If it fails, before retrying, you need to delete the contents of the download destination folder within the Program Files folder. I forget the exact name but you should be able to find it easily. And I think David P2 is referring to the Software Updater for Retail, which preceded the Recovery Tool.

There's two I think... one is the Software Update one (NSU), which can do whatever ROM package you throw at it (acquired via Navifirm), provided it's compatible, and the Software Recovery tool , which purely does a full factory reset of the phone - it pulls down the original image for that phone only and lets you install it. Nokia Software Recovery Tool updated with support for Windows Phone 8.1 and more! | Windows Phone Central

The interfaces are similar, but one is more directly aimed at "home" users to quote a bit from the official download page.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jacobss