Icon 8.1 dp update.

David P2

Mar 10, 2014
Visit site
I am currently downloading the update for 8.1 dp. Surprised and happy about that. Relieved I did not have to roll back to 8.

It's an OS update so you wouldn't have needed to - had you done that, you would have had to go through reinstalling the Preview app, then have pull down the original 8.1 Preview before getting the GDR1 version.

David P2

Mar 10, 2014
Visit site
Pretty much - the mythical 14000.899 build (the one few people grabbed before it got pulled) seems to be that, as my 620 was running the older version. When I did the updates, I got the .899 build, and the actual GDR one as well.

alamosimp

Apr 7, 2014
Visit site
It did not fix the lack of sound with my newest bluetooth earphones though. Paired and connected but no sound. The headphones work with my media player.

performing lumia

Aug 4, 2014
Visit site
Hi at first I was a little skeptical of the dev preview, but I gotten a little inpatient waiting on the original (I'm with Verizon) so I went and DL the preview and I'm loving it. I have no issues with overheating, etc just runs smooth. I haven't DL the recent update yet until I get a wi-fi area, my ? is when the cyan update firmware comes out are we able to get it or just run the dev preview

alamosimp

Apr 7, 2014
Visit site
I will have to defer to a more knowledgeable person on that question. I will say I have not had any trouble with the Icon and 8.1 other than the new bluetooth headset not making any sound when connected. It could be that cyan would fix that.

jedge

Jun 16, 2014
Visit site
I just got this phone a few weeks ago and downloaded the DP immediately. I wanted 8.1 so i could evaluate it compared to the top Android phones.
Needless to say i am very impressed and of course I'm keeping it. And keeping 8.1. I keep finding new things i love about it.

I knew i'd like it because of how much i love my Surface Pro 3 laptop. Windows Phone just needs something unique... a killer app... to gain traction. Once it gets the recognition it deserves I have no doubt it could some day outsell both Android and Apple.

chrisdaboss

Jan 14, 2014
Visit site
I'm noticing my battery draining faster than it was on the DP. I wonder if its still the DP issue messing with my battery. C'mon Cyan. Come home...

anon(7901790)

Aug 5, 2013
Visit site
Hi at first I was a little skeptical of the dev preview, but I gotten a little inpatient waiting on the original (I'm with Verizon) so I went and DL the preview and I'm loving it. I have no issues with overheating, etc just runs smooth. I haven't DL the recent update yet until I get a wi-fi area, my ? is when the cyan update firmware comes out are we able to get it or just run the dev preview

You'll be able to get it.

Edit: I found this in the Windows Phone 8.1 forum.

http://news.softpedia.com/news/Micr...d-to-Downgrade-to-Get-Lumia-Cyan-453458.shtml

Last edited:

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
leviwilkersion