08-08-2014 01:50 PM
37 12
tools
    Does anybody else check every notification from the WPC app in anticipation that it says "Cyan rolling out for ICON on Verizon"? Especially since they changed the notification tone..lol.
    dkediger, gar216 and upnort like this.
    08-08-2014 09:11 AM
    Does anybody else check every notification from the WPC app in anticipation that it says "Cyan rolling out for ICON on Verizon"? Especially since they changed the notification tone..lol.
    There was a point this morning when all three notifications from WPCentral read "Cyan Update rolling out for..." I almost threw my phone at the wall.
    Kieta and Abu Mathew like this.
    08-08-2014 09:25 AM
    sadly the next WPC news headline I am looking for is "Windows 8.1 and Cyan has been rolled out to the entire world with the only exception being Verizon customers who are still waiting for the updates"
    08-08-2014 09:44 AM
    Being a Windows Phone user on Verizon for many years now, I wouldn't be surprised if the rest of the world got 8.1 update 1 before we got Cyan.
    08-08-2014 09:58 AM
    IIRC, Vzw didn't take too long to get Amber and Black out to the 928's....just 3 or 4 weeks it seemed.
    08-08-2014 10:03 AM
    There was a point this morning when all three notifications from WPCentral read "Cyan Update rolling out for..." I almost threw my phone at the wall.
    That was me this morning too.
    08-08-2014 10:09 AM
    I'm going to go from past updates with my Android phones. Take the time from announcement. Half the time from when we actually got it and I come up with never! :P So I'm not holding my breath. I'll just keep rockin the DP 8.1 with the new update and hope I'm wrong!
    Please identify a single WP update that VZW has not delivered to the Lumia phones. If you don't know the answer to that one, it is absolutely none. VZW has delivered every update. Perhaps you might want to check their WP history before making statements based upon the track record of Google and the Android hardware crowd. It takes all of a minute or so to check and thereby avoid making comments devoid of facts. I am sorry but this isn't just idle speculation, it is biased and uninformed. For all the incessant whining on the part of some people, VZW's record is probably the best of any US carrier.
    08-08-2014 01:20 PM
    Easy there. It was tongue and cheek. Part of the reason why I switched was the way they handle the updates.
    Sent using Tapatalk.
    Indistinguishable likes this.
    08-08-2014 01:24 PM
    Easy there. It was tongue and cheek. Part of the reason why I switched was the way they handle the updates.
    Sent using Tapatalk.
    The internet is no place for harmless banter and jokes. Please kindly see yourself off of the internet.
    08-08-2014 01:30 PM
    Being put in my place I'll hang my head in shame and return to the cheerful news about the fighting in Gaza, Ebola outbreaks in Africa and the potential Russian invasion of the Ukraine to set myself right.
    Sent using Tapatalk.
    Indistinguishable likes this.
    08-08-2014 01:34 PM
    Please identify a single WP update that VZW has not delivered to the Lumia phones. If you don't know the answer to that one, it is absolutely none. VZW has delivered every update. Perhaps you might want to check their WP history before making statements based upon the track record of Google and the Android hardware crowd. It takes all of a minute or so to check and thereby avoid making comments devoid of facts. I am sorry but this isn't just idle speculation, it is biased and uninformed. For all the incessant whining on the part of some people, VZW's record is probably the best of any US carrier.
    Verizon has had a whopping three Lumias to support. And they've delivered three firmware updates. Amber & Black to the 822, and Black to the 928. It took them over a month from Nokia's rollout announcement to do each of those.

AT&T on the other hand has six Lumias to support. And they've already released up through Cyan for four of those six models. Please tell me again how VZW has the best Nokia Lumia support record of any US Carrier.

My poor HTC Trophy still hasn't received WP 7.8 ;)
    08-08-2014 01:39 PM
    Still waiting. Yeah 928 rolled out updates quicker than att. Coming from att I thought they'd be 1st but Verizon surprised me but probably spoke too soon as taking a good long while.
    08-08-2014 01:50 PM
37 12