Any news on WP 8.1 update?

upnort

May 5, 2014
Visit site
I'm going to go from past updates with my Android phones. Take the time from announcement. Half the time from when we actually got it and I come up with never! :p So I'm not holding my breath. I'll just keep rockin the DP 8.1 with the new update and hope I'm wrong!

OldMillXxX

Jul 10, 2013
Visit site
From announcement of Black to getting it was right about a month, which would be 10-Aug. This is assuming they (Verizon) stays consistent. :amaze:

Really want to jump to DP, but just a bit scared.

tkolar15

Jul 16, 2014
Visit site
Are either of you seeing the battery drain issue with dp on your icon? Really want to install it but I'm worried about this potential issue.
Talk me down off the edge.

cbreze

Mar 11, 2010
Visit site
Are either of you seeing the battery drain issue with dp on your icon? Really want to install it but I'm worried about this potential issue.
I have the 8.1 DP on my icon and while the battery is no better it isn't any worse, ok maybe a tad, but I think a hard reset would take care of it, kind of waiting for cyan so one hard reset for all and be done with it. I got the DP installed on day one and am very happy with the improvements. Was worth it IMO.

MikeLip

Apr 20, 2013
Visit site
No significant change in my battery that I've noticed either.

Awesome. Now go read the many, MANY posts where people DO have problems. My Icon didn't have any problems for about a week. Then after a reboot it started taking anywhere from a second to several seconds to wake up. I didn't have a heat issue but a lot of people do. Hopefully Cyan will fix this.

The upside is that it's not hard to roll it back to 8.0. Just time consuming.

Collin Leverette

Mar 10, 2014
Visit site
Awesome. Now go read the many, MANY posts where people DO have problems. My Icon didn't have any problems for about a week. Then after a reboot it started taking anywhere from a second to several seconds to wake up. I didn't have a heat issue but a lot of people do. Hopefully Cyan will fix this.

The upside is that it's not hard to roll it back to 8.0. Just time consuming.

No where did I say there were no problems. I said I installed DP yesterday and my experience has been good so far and I had not experienced battery issue that I've noticed. I don't think I need to go "read" anything.

cbreze

Mar 11, 2010
Visit site
Its clear some have issues and some don't. Very strange how issues can pop up after working fine for awhile. I count myself lucky being in the non issue group. From what I've been reading across the web as well as here there seem to be more successes than issues with DP. I see a lot of folks with issues holding out hope for cyan to be their savior from their current troubles with DP. I wouldn't put all my eggs in that one basket. My icon is working so well I'm actually nervous about cyan maybe screwing it up.

Indistinguishable

Nov 16, 2012
Visit site
Its clear some have issues and some don't. Very strange how issues can pop up after working fine for awhile. I count myself lucky being in the non issue group. From what I've been reading across the web as well as here there seem to be more successes than issues with DP. I see a lot of folks with issues holding out hope for cyan to be their savior from their current troubles with DP. I wouldn't put all my eggs in that one basket. My icon is working so well I'm actually nervous about cyan maybe screwing it up.

Hah, you worry too much, man.

I'm in the no problems camp as well. And I think Cyan will only make things better. Polish up battery life. Speed up overall responsiveness from buttons, etc.

cbreze

Mar 11, 2010
Visit site
Hah, you worry too much, man.

I'm in the no problems camp as well. And I think Cyan will only make things better. Polish up battery life. Speed up overall responsiveness from buttons, etc.

What me worry? I'm a regular Alfred E Newman �� . I've seen some on here complaining about cyan and issues it seems to have brought with it. Again, only for some.

Kieta

Jan 18, 2013
Visit site

I have the battery drain issue on my Icon, but I have yet to do a hard reset. Well, I did do one to go back to 8.0 to grab the firmware Verizon initially released some time back. But then I installed DP over again so that probably negated that hard reset. I have tried things like unpinning Cortana, stopping background apps, etc. But my battery takes a beating and is frustrating at times. Not enough to go back to 8.0 permanently though, lol.

Indistinguishable

Nov 16, 2012
Visit site
Waiting for Verizon to release updates on Windows Phone devices is nothing new...

But I think what makes this wait considerably more irritating for me is the fact that the Nokia Lumia 930 has Cyan on it already and has since release. The Icon is the exact same hardware and the only real difference is the cell bands.

I'm grateful to Microsoft for providing us with the Developers Preview. It's been a joy to have WP8.1 for as long as I have. But I wish Verizon would get off their asses and release the firmware that this phone deserves.

airjeff

May 22, 2013
Visit site
There is another reason not to upgrade to DP. I don't want to downgrade if MS doesn't release the fix before we get Cyan. That said, I'll probably update to Update 1 as soon as I get Cyan.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Brilliantick99