Does anyone have Skype working

Doug MacKay1

Mar 13, 2014
Visit site
My Lumia Icon does not seem to work well with the Skype app. Has anyone had success with Skype and the Icon?

I have a Skype number as well as a name. My questions are around using a Skype number.

For me it works fine for outbound calls. Inbound calls work OK if the app is active and the screen is alive. But if the screen is off, it rings, but you cannot get the screen to turn on so you can answer the call. Then it just rings and rings until you power the phone off.

Any advice is welcome.

Doug M.

Doug MacKay1

Mar 13, 2014
Visit site
Shameless bump.

Anyone having Skype success with Icon? I am tempted to scratch and reload the Icon to see if it helps, but I would welcome any feedback before that level of effort.

Thanks for any advice.

Doug M.

danwanna

Jun 15, 2011
Visit site
I use Skype a decent amount on my Icon and haven't had any of the issues you mention. I have my mobile number set to forward if I ignore or don't answer and it works great.

I am running the latest developer preview so that might impact what I am seeing.

8XSD

Nov 23, 2012
Visit site
When u have wifi off ,Skype works the way it should 95% of the time. I think the problem is the delay to wake the screen since DP 8.1. I'm running DP 8.1. There's a post from some other members with the same problem as us in the Skype forums already going. Nothing on a permanent fix yet.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
COME ON WIN ANDROID (ADI)