A question for a free Icon

beerme1

Feb 23, 2014
Visit site
I'm using an 822 currently that I bought used and am starting to have some issues with it turning off frequently. I am a former Droid user and love WP although I had previously used WP way back when. I'm not a person who needs a billion apps but I would like to have a Sonos app and a Wegmans app and from what I gather Wegmans has no intention of developing a WP app and Sonos seems to have some pissing match going on with MS and I don't think they will ever do one either. Does that stop me from want to keep being a WP user? Yes a little to be honest. There are great Droid phones also. And great deals on them as well.
I have access to some reporting data at work for some websites and in certain locations WP users register 0% and that doesn't bode well even if it is a remote area. Kind of scary actually some of the low stats I saw.

However, Verizon is offering the Icon for free with a renewal and I am very tempted. I'm also long out of contract and hesitant to renew that.
And then also waiting and wondering what the next big deal phone will be. So the question after all of that pre amble is would you take a free Icon now or wait six months or whatever for the next best thing? I'm not worried about paying $200 for a phone and I would miss Glance but I am oh so tempted. Your thoughts? Oh and I don't really expect anyone to say get the Samsung S5 lol but it is out there.

dby2011

Jun 20, 2012
Visit site
Wait until the 730 and 830 are announced then decide. The 830 may be a real nice upgrade over the 822. I'm trying to decide what to do with my 822 myself.

kencaz

Apr 16, 2014
Visit site
I have an Icon upgraded for a 928 on Verizon. I have also had many Android phones. I have since removed myself from the google env and went all MS. I don't miss Android at all and the Icon is a tremendous phone. Perfect size screen and fast enough for any app currently out there.

I would get the Icon if you want to re-up. Only thing is Verizon makes you wait a year to upgrade... I can see the Icon lasting well into another year but who knows what great stuff is coming out. Hope that can make a duel boot phone... then we have the best of both worlds.

beerme1

Feb 23, 2014
Visit site
Wait until the 730 and 830 are announced then decide. The 830 may be a real nice upgrade over the 822. I'm trying to decide what to do with my 822 myself.

I've been leaning this way but think I want a 5" screen so I've kind of put that thought in the back of my mind. Although at this point might be a little silly not to wait. I kind of expect the 930 to come in at $149

The_Vermonster

Jan 10, 2012
Visit site
I've been leaning this way but think I want a 5" screen so I've kind of put that thought in the back of my mind. Although at this point might be a little silly not to wait. I kind of expect the 930 to come in at $149

the Icon is the same phone as the 930,minus color options. If you are willing to spend $150 on a 930 then you should get an Icon and send me $150.

DavidinCT

Feb 18, 2011
Visit site

You could also wait for the new HTC One M8 WP device. That should be out very soon...

The HTC One (M8) android device is a great looking phone, the WP device is said to be based off it. The word is that the phone will have 32gb and MicroSD support, something the ICON/930 DOES NOT offer. It will offer the 5" screen, newer CPU and front facing speakers (this would be a big deal for me instead of cupping my hand on the back of the phone when watching a video on the ICON...

Just another option.....

orangeman34

Aug 8, 2014
Visit site
The icon is definitely worth using an upgrade on, and for free on contract it's a steal. I'd have had no problem paying the $200 it was originally priced at, I've been that happy with it.

onlysublime

Jun 24, 2013
Visit site
the new chief product officer of Sonos is Marc Witten, former chief product officer of Xbox. so there is hope. look what Elop did... :grin:

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
JoshRos