09-02-2014 03:42 PM
36 12
tools
    How were you able to upgrade to WP 8.1 on a VZW Icon?
    You can put the 8.1 developer preview on it. I don't know the steps offhand, but there might be a thread on it somewhere on this forum.
    09-01-2014 01:50 AM
    How were you able to upgrade to WP 8.1 on a VZW Icon?
    Check this out, it should help.
    http://forums.windowscentral.com/sho...d.php?t=271799
    vancevep likes this.
    09-01-2014 01:54 AM
    You have had for a couple weeks now- still like it?
    09-01-2014 04:45 PM
    You have had for a couple weeks now- still like it?
    Yes! The battery life seems to be improving, and I'm getting use to the OS (still running 8.0). The disappearing notification bar is a pain, but I can wait for 8.1. The camera is really nice, though I'm still learning. I seem to take more blurry pics than I like (moving kid is tough, so I need to find the right speed), but I also snapped really sharp ones as well. I love the People hub - no need to really bring up Facebook, Twitter, or Linkedin apps, it does everything I need. Finally, I bought the Incipio Feather Case and love it. Protects the back of the phone and makes it really easy to hold and isn't bulky in my pocket.

The Lumia site states I get 7 GB of OneDrive free. I already have 25GB (was grandfathered in for the extra 10GB), but I don't see the extra 7GB. How do I get it?
    snowmutt likes this.
    09-02-2014 05:25 AM
    7GB is the default for new users (with new MS accounts for their new WP), if you have more already, you won't get 7 additional. You might get 3 more with photo backup though, I think...

Just step away from the People Hub slowly. There you go, put down that whole integrated experience idea you have in your head. Sir, you need to embrace siloed apps, an app for every little idea, at least, if there is an app available on the platform.

Don't forget to set some pictures as favorites and enjoy seeing them as the background in the (late, great) Photos Hub as well (for now).

And please, download 50 games. They will be conveniently stored in your Games Hub...until they infest your app list during the Microsoft 8.1 "1 Step Forward, X Steps Back" upgrade!

(sigh...if you haven't guessed, I'm not quite *entirely* pleased with where things are going :P )

I might get the Feather as well. I was hoping for an even more minimalist bumper style, but don't see anything like that coming out.
    merlot2k1 likes this.
    09-02-2014 05:49 AM
    Ok, thanks for clearing up the OneDrive confusion.

Well that just plain sucks about the People Hub. It's one of my favorite features as I don't have to use those memory sucking, data sucking apps (at least they were on Android). I especially liked the combined message center and the ability to switch from Facebook to text. Now I'm not so excited to get Cyan and Windows 8.1...

The Feather looks like it came with the phone. Both my Icon and the Feather are black, so they blend together well. The soft touch of the case keeps that expensive device feeling intact, IMO.
    09-02-2014 01:11 PM
    Yeah, I had the Feather with both my Trophy and 928, and it's a nice "barely there" shell. Took a few blows for my 928 as well.

I got my Icon in white though, which makes me really want to not cover it up. Such a sharp looking phone.
    09-02-2014 01:42 PM
    I forgot to mention my Nokia charger died after 1 charge. I called Verizon and they had none in stock and wanted to send me a Motorola charger. I declined and said I'd check back in a week or so. Should I just contact Nokia or Microsoft for the charger exchange?
    09-02-2014 03:11 PM
    I forgot to mention my Nokia charger died after 1 charge. I called Verizon and they had none in stock and wanted to send me a Motorola charger. I declined and said I'd check back in a week or so. Should I just contact Nokia or Microsoft for the charger exchange?
    For sure, or head see what Verizon says now. That would be irksome...
    09-02-2014 03:28 PM
    Congrats! I just switched off Lagdroid back to WP 8. I'm so happy to be back.
    09-02-2014 03:40 PM
    Welcome to the Icon club. I got on the edge from my 928 which I loved and loved my 920 as well with att but had to switch do to the demographic area(mountains). There should be an app on tips for the phone or you get a text message on help with doing certain things. I got a crystal clear case from amazon that has rubber all around the sides and has a side lip that comes up past the glass screen do its protected. As I was was doing wind sprints and my phone w/,cade came flying out my armband and only really scuffed 2 of the corners. Love the clear case though cause it shows the nice white phone.
    09-02-2014 03:42 PM
36 12