Hi all. I'm a new Icon (and WP) user so I'm still trying to figure some things out, but I've noticed something weird. I saw in the news yesterday that a bunch of Bing apps were updated so I headed over to the store to manually update some of them. But the store didn't show that any of the ones I have installed had any updates. Doing a little digging around the web and I come of find that lots of people have run into this issue. It seems the store app on the phone checks for updates at a certain time of the day and it won't show updates until then. People have posted all sorts of workarounds but most of them are more effort than I'm willing to put in as opposed to waiting a day or so for the update to appear on its own.

I headed over to my PC to see if I could hit the store pages up for those apps to view the changelogs. But even the store page on the web didn't show the updated version:

signed-app-store.jpg

Now I'm not sure what exactly prompted me to try this but I opened up an incognito tab(signed out) to check the store that way and the results were different:

signed-out-app-store.jpg

Do app updates roll out slowly across the board or am I being denied app updates for some reason. It's not just OneDrive, by the way. I've checked a couple other apps that have updates and they all show the old versions for me as long as I'm signed in to the store.

I'm waiting for Cyan and the 8.1 update, so I'm still using Black 8.0 but all the apps that have updates still show that they are compatible with 8 and not just 8.1. I'm at a loss and wondering if there is a way to solve this. Of all the searching around the web I've done I haven't seen anyone mention their issue to be exactly like this so I decided to create a new thread.

Thanks for taking the time to read and hopefully there is a logical explanation for this.
    08-22-2014 11:06 AM
    I suggest using an app called Lumia System Updater. It works great. Scans the apps on your Icon and shows you what apps need to be updated. Select the app and it will update it. Welcome aboard!
    Sent using Tapatalk.
    08-22-2014 11:15 AM
    I have the same problem many of the updates for apps shown in the WPC news section don't show up for me also, I am still on 8.0/black waiting for 8.1/cyan and I believe many of the updates they are talking about are mostly for 8.1 devices

I did use Lumia system updater and it shows the updates but when I go to the app in the store there is no update available to download

even though the apps are compatible with 8.0 the new features/versions are only available to WP 8.1 users it seems
    08-22-2014 11:38 AM
    I suggest using an app called Lumia System Updater. It works great. Scans the apps on your Icon and shows you what apps need to be updated. Select the app and it will update it. Welcome aboard!
    Sent using Tapatalk.
    Thanks for the suggestion. However, as jazz70 below points out:

I have the same problem many of the updates for apps shown in the WPC news section don't show up for me also, I am still on 8.0/black waiting for 8.1/cyan and I believe many of the updates they are talking about are mostly for 8.1 devices

I did use Lumia system updater and it shows the updates but when I go to the app in the store there is no update available to download

even though the apps are compatible with 8.0 the new features/versions are only available to WP 8.1 users it seems
    I guess I'm glad I'm not the only one. I still feel like I'll get the updates at some point. I've had my Icon for around two weeks now. With the base set of apps that came with it I had gone into the store app on the phone and updated a few of them here and there. One day early this week I saw that my the live tile for the store app had a "10" next to it and when I opened the store and went to the updates section there were, sure enough, 10 app updates. I thought I read somewhere that the store checks for app updates once a day, but I'm not even sure if that was an official statement or just something I read around the web, but it surely hadn't been checking once a day for me as a couple of those apps that needed to be updated were months old updates.

This really isn't the biggest of deals for me. I love my Icon so far and can safely say it's already the best phone I've owned in my lifetime. This is more than likely an issue that would get resolved with a hard reset anyway. In fact, when Cyan/8.1 finally hits I'll probably just reimage the phone using the Nokia Software Recovery Tool to get as clean a start as I can. I'm willing to be that between the firmware/OS update and an image reload the problem will be taken care of.

If anyone else has any pointers/input I'm all ears. I still have a lot to learn about WP.
    08-22-2014 12:48 PM
    Just wanted to post a quick update...

It seems the store is actually working OK for me. I've been waiting for some of my other apps to receive updates and in the past couple of days they have, and I have been notified by the live tile of the store. The Extras + Info app updated yesterday or the day before. Also the NFL NOW app updated and for both I received the live tile update. There were also a slew of Nokia app updates today, but I haven't yet been notified by the live tile. I'm sure if I go to the store pages for each of those the live tile will update/I'll be presented with the opportunity to update.

So what it looks like is that I'm not receiving any of the Bing app updates. News, Sports, Food & Drink, etc. And also OneDrive. I guess my question at this point is whether or not any of you have received these recent Bing app updates on your Icons. Like I had mentioned they show as being available for WP8 phones and not just 8.1, so I feel I should be receiving them.

Still not a huge deal, I'm just trying to learn the ins and outs of this new (to me) ecosystem. Still very happy with my decision to move over to WP.

Thanks again for your time.
    09-03-2014 06:33 PM