The word from on high WP8.1/Cyan

MikeLip

Apr 20, 2013
Visit site
In reply to an email to Nokia;
>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>
Upon reading your email, you are still waiting for the Nokia Lumia Cyan Update and the Windows Phone 8.1 Update for your Nokia Lumia 928 and Nokia Lumia Icon. In response to your concern, please be advised that the roll out timings and feature availability vary by phone model. The Nokia Lumia Cyan Update that includes the Windows Phone 8.1 Update will start rolling out this summer following testing and operator approvals.

You will get an update notification once these updates was available. You can automatically check for the updates on a weekly basis. If you have a Wi-Fi connection, it will download the update once it was available. To change the settings, or manually check for updates, just tap Settings > Phone Update. You can also refer to the link below:

Availability in North America - Nokia
>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>

In other words - it's coming. Eventually. When we get around to it. So not much point in speculation since real info is non-existent.

Ralph Casimir

Feb 13, 2014
Visit site
as if we didn't know this already. at least you got a response out of them. ou could try asking Joe Belfiore. he's the head of the windows phone team.

cbreze

Mar 11, 2010
Visit site
The guy sitting in the little back room at Verizon labs doing the actual testing would be a better person to ask. :grin:
He's probably had it running on his phone for awhile.

Laura Knotek

Retired Moderator
Mar 31, 2012
Visit site
If you do not care for a post, there is no need to respond. Move along! Move along!
Thanks.

Friendly reminder folks.........
[INFO]
P.U.P.P.A.H
(Be Polite, Understanding, Patient, Professional, Attentive and Helpful)

• Be polite. We ask that you keep your language clean and polite.
  • Be understanding and patient. You may be a power user or developer, but the person you’re talking to on the other end may be a complete newbie. Be patient, and provide all details possible if you’re posting about a problem (descriptive thread title always helps).
  • Be a pro. Don’t get into arguments over dumb things. If someone responds in a poor or rude fashion, ignore it. If you notice a pattern of rude or poor behavior from a particular member, report them to our moderators. If you don’t have anything nice to say, don’t say anything at all. In a nutshell, ‘think before you post’.
  • Be attentive and helpful. Answer questions in a timely manner when you can, and provide thoughts and suggestions that might lead to the solution of a members’ problem.
[/INFO]

MikeLip

Apr 20, 2013
Visit site
It *was* the top end, but now that designation belongs to the HTC One (M8) !!!

Well, I suppose if what you want is speaker and gigahertz. For camera and a robust body (and still darned fast) the Icon is still on top. That's not to say that the M8 isn't an awesome WP.

DavidinCT

Feb 18, 2011
Visit site
Well, unfortunately the 1520 doesn't go on Verizon. I wish it did!

Same here, I went into a AT&T store just to look and play with the 1520....Yea, it was huge but, it would make a lot of things easier, so I would be all over this if I could get one on Verizon.... well, the one with the MicroSD slot, yea it would be a done deal..

awilliams1701

Jun 17, 2013
Visit site
I've gotten responses from him in the past, but not this time. I tweeted him about this issue. No response as of yet. I'll keep tweeting him I guess. Maybe he'll get mad at Verizon and pull the lever without their permission and then tell them OOPS!

as if we didn't know this already. at least you got a response out of them. ou could try asking Joe Belfiore. he's the head of the windows phone team.

raqball

Aug 27, 2014
Visit site
I knew about the M8 before I purchased my Icon. I went with the Icon mainly because I like the look / design of it and because I am not a fan of the HTC One and M8 speaker system. It makes the phone much larger than the screen size would dictate.

I played around with a 1520 in an AT&T store and while it was a very nice phone, that thing was huge.. And I mean huge! It made my Icon look like a toy..

plschwartz

Mar 28, 2014
Visit site
Well looking at the US availability, it seems that only AT&T has Cyan whilst VZW = three minors do not.
This may be VZW's foot dragging or some MS problem that AT&t was willing to finesse or has solved. Between VZW and MS which is more willing to lie? How low can they go?
The minor severs gives a little more support for VZW and less for MS

KeegdnaB42

Nov 12, 2010
Visit site
It appears I've found bigfoot, aka the Verizon CSR who has a clue.
Capture.PNG
I have a 928 but I figured I'd share this here since the discussion is more active and it's obviously a general Verizon issue.
Pretty much all I can say at this point is we're not going to get a straight answer on this so rather than fighting a losing battle we should refocus from inquiring about the release and towards calling them out for lack of transparency. By whatever means possible we need to get the message past the low level customer service filter and to the people in control that staying silent on the issue is not the way to treat their customers.

vepac

Apr 30, 2014
Visit site
If Verizon gets a Lumia phablet, I'm edging up.

Edit: I meant this to quote with raqball's message.

Last edited:

DavidinCT

Feb 18, 2011
Visit site
Still the fact is, and it's always been that way, Verizon NEVER gives out release dates for updates, till they are done testing and ready for release. The problem is, and I would almost bet on this. Verizon had the update well over a month before they started testing or doing anything for their network. So by the time they touch it, it's already been through the hands of other carriers and tested...

This is why AT&T devices get it sooner, because they actually care, Verizon is we are the biggest and best so who cares about everything else...

Dealing with this crap from the day I had a Moto v60i on Verizon....Same boat, a big fix to fix a major bug on the phone, AT&T released it over a month and 1/2 before Verizon did...

Nothing new and if AT&T was able to get TMOUS (their network would of been as good as Verizon in most areas) I would of changed carriers a long time ago because of this...

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
hetb