Power button unresponsive at times.

atl4xl

Aug 27, 2014
Visit site
There is a lag when trying to wake the phone up. I will press the power button and it will take almost 4 seconds for the phone to wake up. This doesn't happen often, but often enough that I have to do a soft reset several times to correct the problem. Even then, it's still not 100% responsive. I'm on the latest DP and still having this issue. Is anyone else having this issue?

bulls96

Jun 25, 2007
Visit site
I'm on the DP. It was a known problem when the DP first came out. When the latest updates it's gotten better. It still happens. But never really need to do soft reset.

Do you have the live lock screen app? That has known to cause the same issue.
Sent from my Lumia Icon using Tapatalk

atl4xl

Aug 27, 2014
Visit site
No, I don't have the Live Lock Screen App. I had downloaded it, but didn't really care for it. Well, hopefully it will be fixed with the Cyan update. Hopefully. 👍😁

bulls96

Jun 25, 2007
Visit site
There is a bug where even if uninstall the app the lag remains. It's in one of the articles on this site.
Sent from my Lumia Icon using Tapatalk

Maaz Mansori

Apr 25, 2013
Visit site
In regards to the Live Lock Screen bug, the fix is described in this article: How to fix the 'resuming' bug after uninstalling Live Lock Screen beta | Windows Phone Central

I had the unresponsive power button issue on my 1520 as well though, long before the Live Lock Screen app. A hard reset and updating all the system apps seemed to help and it started happening much less often with further DP updates where I would only notice it once a week or so but usually only have to press the power button once or twice more. I have not noticed the issue since the Cyan update though.

So my suggestion is to try the live lock screen uninstall bug fix first to see if there is any improvement. If not and it becomes too annoying, do the hard reset, but if you can wait until the Cyan update is available for your Icon, it might be more ideal.

Dreamspell

Oct 20, 2013
Visit site
The screen wake delay happens on certain Wi-Fi networks. For me it never happens in my work Wi-Fi but happens sometimes on my home Wi-Fi.

Turning off Wi-Fi cures it but is not an ideal solution. It will most likely be fixed with Cyan I think.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Tallgeeselll05