09-16-2014 07:31 PM
44 12
tools
    That happened with my ASUS Vivo Tab RT tablet. In the end it was a hardware defect and there was nothing I could do. I also waited too long to fix it. Fortunately I didn't particularly like the device anyway. It was just plain too small to be of any use. After taking it apart and demolishing it (which was fun) I trashed it.

I suspect your Icon is still under warranty. You should get it replaced.
    09-02-2014 11:07 AM
    The Icon is still under warranty. Don't waste money replacing it - make Microsoft replace it under the warranty. If you've done a reset, and it still has the same problem, the problem is hardware and that's a warranty issue.
    ShinraCorp and DavidinCT like this.
    09-02-2014 12:03 PM
    The Icon is still under warranty. Don't waste money replacing it - make Microsoft replace it under the warranty. If you've done a reset, and it still has the same problem, the problem is hardware and that's a warranty issue.
    THIS!

Warranty covers any defects and workmanship.

During the warranty period, Nokia will, in a reasonable time, remedy the Defect free of charge by either repairing or replacing the defective Product or the defective part of it at its option provided that you have informed Nokia of the Defect before the warranty period expires.
    So talk with Nokia they'll probably give you a warranty service.
    09-02-2014 01:50 PM
    The problem is that I bought it on eBay and I'm using it in my country (Costa Rica), in that case what can I do?
    09-02-2014 03:04 PM
    I still say give it a shot. They never asked for a receipt when I called them for service. It wouldn't hurt to try :)
    09-02-2014 03:08 PM
    Actually, the opposite is true. For the vast majority of users there is no reason to ever use a screen protector. I am an archaeologist and know quite a bit more than most about the places dirt can get and I have never used a screen protector. Try climbing around backhoe trenches and excavation units; spending years in dust storm prone parts of the southwestern United States, documenting/examining sites abandoned for a millennia; hiking for miles across desert and mountain terrain; documenting abandoned historic buildings, etc. etc., and then talk to me about dirt. The simple application of common sense and careful handling are more than sufficient to avoid scratches. Accidents do happen but those do not generally result in scratches; they leave you with a broken phone. My career has given me a surgically repaired ankle, two fused vertebrae in my lower back, three fused vertebrae in my neck, plus the odd parasitic infection and a case of Lyme disease but I have never broken or even scratched a phone screen. Screen protectors are an unnecessary accessory and a great example of how advertising can convince people they need something they can easily do without.

That all sounds fantastic, but doesn't take away from the fact that one single grain of sand will scratch a screen...gorilla glass 3 or not. If that one grain makes it in to your pocket, or your case with your phone, you will not like the outcome.
    09-02-2014 04:08 PM
    Do you have the super sensitive touch option on? That plus screen protector could be the cause....
    09-02-2014 05:10 PM
    I have OP's problems too, just not as drastic. My Icon will reboot and then after the Verizon splash screen would just turn off. I have to be touching the screen for it to continue the boot phase. Sometimes when I'm swiping on Facebook or even the WPC App it'll recognize it as a touch and start playing podcast or something. It's annoying. I'm on the DP Update 1. I didn't think about the screen sensitivity being the issue. I'll set it to medium because I have it on high or gloves, something like that. Should I send mine in or wait for Cyan to come out? No screen protector.
    09-02-2014 06:33 PM
    I have the same problems plus the ones that I having... 😢
    What should i do, wait for cyan or if going to give a try, where should I call to have my cellphone replaced???
    09-02-2014 07:08 PM
    I have the same problems plus the ones that I having...
    What should i do, wait for cyan or if going to give a try, where should I call to have my cellphone replaced???
    According to Nokia this is the only way: https://twitter.com/nokiacareus

Contact Nokia Support - Nokia - USA
    09-02-2014 07:15 PM
    Just sent them a tweet, let see how it goes
    09-02-2014 08:58 PM
    The problem is that I bought it on eBay and I'm using it in my country (Costa Rica), in that case what can I do?
    It shouldn't matter where you bought it or whether you have a receipt or not, because there is no Icon that is out of warranty yet. They haven't been around long enough. Take a look at the contract (the warranty), and see what it says. The only problem I can possibly see is that you are outside the US, and it is a US-only phone.

Do you know someone in the US that you could send it to in order to have them get it fixed? This would of course take longer and you'd be without it for a longer time, but it's a thought.
    09-03-2014 10:56 AM

and here is the video of the problem of my icon
    09-03-2014 12:41 PM
    It shouldn't matter where you bought it or whether you have a receipt or not, because there is no Icon that is out of warranty yet. They haven't been around long enough. Take a look at the contract (the warranty), and see what it says. The only problem I can possibly see is that you are outside the US, and it is a US-only phone.

Do you know someone in the US that you could send it to in order to have them get it fixed? This would of course take longer and you'd be without it for a longer time, but it's a thought.
    yes i have family and friends in the US, and I'm probably going myself in december, so I'm probably my best option is to send the phone to someone in the US
    09-03-2014 12:44 PM
    Never had this issue, using Icon since launch day
    09-04-2014 08:36 AM
    Go on to their website, look up RMA service, it asks for the serial number of the phone, it will tell Warranty right there. If under warranty, you could do everything on line for a RMA...they will email you a shipping label too....Not sure outside if the US or not but, worth a shot..

With that being said, nothing really like that issue accept for some websites(seams to hop up and down) but over all no problems like this...
    09-05-2014 08:06 AM
    I could give it a try, had a problem with a netgear Wi-Fi adapter, and they did the RMA, it didn't matter that I was in Costa Rica

But for the last 2-3 days the problem seems to be resolved
    09-05-2014 06:00 PM
    I am not an archaeologist and I am very careful with my phone. Ive had the phone maybe 5 months and already have 2 small scratches in the screen. They're not really noticeable and you have to hi the right light to even see them but they're there. My GF who just got a GS5 last week is not as careful and she already has a few scratches on her screen as well. GG3 is not nearly as scratch resistant as they want you to believe it is.

Needless to say were getting screen protectors.
    09-09-2014 09:07 AM
    It's a shame, my phone stopped with the problems and started to work perfectly, even the battery life increased, but a few days ago the problem reappeared, appeared just once, after that it hasn't appeared, but the phone is getting extremely hot and the battery life is the worst I have ever experienced with the icon 😭

I bought a one plus one so I'm using it for a while and going to put the icon on vacations till cyan/denim starts to roll out
    09-16-2014 07:31 PM
44 12