Do you miss glance in everyday use?

gamesticker

Sep 4, 2014
Visit site
Friends, do you really miss or feel a need for Glance in general day-to-day usage? Is not having Glance a deal breaker while considering a new device?

khador

Sep 24, 2013
Visit site
Nope, I came from the 928 and haven't missed it at all, sometimes it's useful but not a major feature for me.

I also have a Moto X and active display blows glance away, so maybe that makes me care less about not having glance.

psiu_glen

Dec 26, 2011
Visit site
I miss double tap to wake more -- if I had to choose just one of those two features, it would be double tap (even better, allow it to go to sleep with a double tap as well).

Now, I do miss Glance a bit, especially when I pick up my 928 (the house is simply riddled with smartphones hahaha), especially for the discrete time check capability, but overall, like I said above.

broughshane

Nov 19, 2012
Visit site
Hi ! I asked Daniel Rubino the same over twitter and he said ,1 feature does not make or break an experience.. well it was true ! 930 been great and what I wanted with its 5" 1080 screen and 20mp camera rockin cyan and update 1 loaded . out of my 3 owned WPs the 930 my favourite device. Sure I miss glance the odd time, but not enough ..

Kieta

Jan 18, 2013
Visit site
I thought I would coming from the 928 but no can't say I do. I do miss double tap to wake as mentioned already.

Indistinguishable

Nov 16, 2012
Visit site
I miss double tap to wake more -- if I had to choose just one of those two features, it would be double tap (even better, allow it to go to sleep with a double tap as well).

Now, I do miss Glance a bit, especially when I pick up my 928 (the house is simply riddled with smartphones hahaha), especially for the discrete time check capability, but overall, like I said above.

Using a Lockscreen tile app pretty much makes it double tap to sleep. First tap - Windows Button. Second tap - Lockscreen tile.

I'd really like double tape to wake on the Icon... *cough* Verizon *cough*

fx45guy

Jul 2, 2011
Visit site
Yep, I keep pulling my Icon out of my pants pocket like I did my 928 waiting for it to show me everything without having to press the power button. Drives me nuts!

psiu_glen

Dec 26, 2011
Visit site
Regarding double tap to sleep -- I have an LG G3 in my possession for the moment, the way it implements it is you need to hit an otherwise not in use part of the screen. So during a full screen game, I don't think it would be an issue.

berty6294

Oct 5, 2012
Visit site
Nah, I miss double tap to wake though :(

Glance was always a little glitchy for me. I'm sure through updates its been better but I haven't used it since my 928.

kb4000

Sep 9, 2013
Visit site
Regarding double tap to sleep -- I have an LG G3 in my possession for the moment, the way it implements it is you need to hit an otherwise not in use part of the screen. So during a full screen game, I don't think it would be an issue.

That makes sense. I wasn't saying that it wouldn't be possible, but it would have to be well thought out or it would drive me crazy.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
hetb