xBox Music ignores many of my albums?

macroweb

Sep 5, 2013
Visit site
Hi All,

I'm having an issue with being able to play all of the songs I have loaded into OneDrive. First off, I own these CDs so this shouldn't be a DRM issue, secondly I tried to use File Manager (app) but it only plays one song at a time. It does see the songs that xBox Music won't. I then used File Manager to copy the music files from OneDrive to my phone but it made me create a new folder for them (under Downloads), and I can't get any of the music player apps to look anywhere other than the Songs folder.

This is very frustrating. I think it is very odd that none of the music players let you add other folders.

Thoughts? Suggestions?

Thanks,

Merlin

Edit - I have a Nokia Lumia Icon running WP 8.0.

Last edited:

upnort

May 5, 2014
Visit site
I have gotten an error that the song/album wouldn't synch because of DRM issues after ripping a rather extensive vinyl and cd collection. Many of the songs/albums aren't available to stream. I don't know if this is the reason but as I was looking around I would go to my Zune software and the Music Store and I noticed many of my songs/albums weren't available. So I am just guessing and anyone correct me if I'm wrong but if MS doesn't have the required licenses to sell the music they won't let their Music app store the files. Just guessing. My work around involved getting a cheap (on sale) external drive and throwing all my music on that and copying the songs I wanted directly to the phone. Although that has eaten a lot of the 32GB!

Sent from my All Series using Tapatalk

Bobvfr

Apr 20, 2014
Visit site

Bobvfr

Apr 20, 2014
Visit site
With Xbox music open in your PC go to the charms bar (Windows key + C) and choose Settings, then Preferences and up the top you will see "Choose where we look for music on this PC" you can set it to look in various folders in there.

Bob

Bobvfr

Apr 20, 2014
Visit site
Sorry just seen what forum this is in, I was talking about PC settings rather than the phone, I have all my "Local" music on my SD card on my 1520.

Plug your phone into your PC, open up "This PC" and just copy your music from downloads to the music folder on the phone or SD card. I believe the SD card only gets a music folder when you choose to have the setting "store new music on SD card" turned on.

This is in Settings/Storage Sense on my 1520 and I assume it will be in the same place on the Icon.

Bob

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Duouser3