Received a replacement Icon after shattering the screen on mine and waiting over 2 weeks for a replacement because one was not available. I was offered an Ativ but refused it, i really like the Icon.
    I had gone to the Microsoft store a few days ago and was told that 8.1 had started rolling out and my replacement phone should get the update when i set it up. WRONG !
    Called Verizon and talked to a seemingly very knowledgable and thorough tech about it. With the M8 out and the push for sales, there is no date and no hurry in updating our Icons , she said there was absolutely no info available at all . Makes it look like the Verizon Icon has stalled while the 930 and the overseas crowd gets 8.1, Cortana, etc... Really disappointed.
    I went to the MS Store again and discussed the developer version of 8.1 but all they could give me was a website to register on and the app to use. I'm a bit worried about screwing up the phone first off, and when i tried to find a the free registration , they all want 19.99 or somesuch to register, even after trying multiple different links., registration versions.
    So, still digging the OS but a bit irritated. If you have any constructive and simple input for a non programming type like me feel free to share if the developer version really is safe and relatively seamless. -and any one from Verizon reading this : WTH, roll it out already ! No good excuse not to be done with it !
    09-13-2014 06:19 AM
    Welcome to Verizon, one of those "to big to fail" company attitudes.
    vancevep likes this.
    09-13-2014 08:10 AM
    The LTE is awesome as is the area coverage, but the support is sadly lacking.. I ran 2 laptops running WoW at Ultra settings off my Icons Internet sharing without issue, 50=fps on both , the phone and LTE rock, that's what keeps me with Verizon. Really don;t think the others are much better in any way and Sprint and T Mobile lack the coverage
    09-13-2014 08:19 AM
    The LTE is awesome as is the area coverage, but the support is sadly lacking.. I ran 2 laptops running WoW at Ultra settings off my Icons Internet sharing without issue, 50=fps on both , the phone and LTE rock, that's what keeps me with Verizon. Really don;t think the others are much better in any way and Sprint and T Mobile lack the coverage
    I guess what kind of coverage you get in your area, where I work and live, AT&T is just a little better than Verizon, but we are forced to use Verizon for our company phones, and were not allowed to mess with the software, so I am just waiting on Cyan / 8.1.
    09-13-2014 09:30 AM
    09-13-2014 01:24 PM
    discussed the developer version of 8.1 but all they could give me was a website to register on and the app to use. I'm a bit worried about screwing up the phone first off, and when i tried to find a the free registration , they all want 19.99 or somesuch to register, even after trying multiple different links., registration versions
    I updated my recently acquired Icon to WP 8.1 DP and haven't experienced any issues after upgrading. If you go to http://dev.windows.com/en-us/develop/devpreview and select Option 2: Build apps using App Studio under Step 1, you can register for free.
    Brenda Smeby likes this.
    09-13-2014 05:44 PM
    I hope you realize that FPS has nothing to do with internet speed. The latency does. You could be on satellite with 5000 MS and get 200+ FPS with the right hardware. Having using verizon LTE myself as my main internet for about a year before comcast came to my area, I was impressed though. I got about 70ms. This isn't bad at all considering I used to play at 200ms on a previous cable service.

09-15-2014 03:15 PM
    I was see 45-55 on that particular night. My cable runs about 75-85 which surprised me. i expected my shared internet from the phone to be less capable than my cable.
    Also,Vancevep, thanks for the link and info on doing the developer 8.1
    09-22-2014 11:00 AM