Just switched from iOS...have a few questions.

Atlasky

Sep 5, 2014
Visit site
Hello,

Just picked up the Icon a week and a half ago and so far have really been loving it. A little sad that 8.1 isn't on there yet (thought it would be), but it sounds like it's close. After a few weeks playing around with it, I still have a few things I haven't been able to figure out and was hoping someone might know on here.

1) A few of my contacts I imported over have been acting very strange. It appears to be people that aren't in my same area code, but when I text my friend Sam I have a thread under the contact name but when he replies it comes back separately as his phone number. I've looked at the contact settings and have his phone set up as mobile...not sure why that is happening.

2) I had a text message start to a friend, Jason and when I hit send, the name at the top switched to another one of my contacts. Jason was indeed getting them, but the fact that it had a different name is unsettling (I thought I invited a customer to Chipotle for lunch). I deleted the other contact and it hasn't happened since. Has anyone else run into this?

3) I feel dumb even asking this, but where do you watch videos you have recorded? I took a video of my son and so far have been unable to find it. Pictures I can get to with ease, but so far have had no such luck with videos.

4) Is there a way to select location services on just for the HERE Drive+ app, but not others? I had location services on when I first got the phone and it killed the battery very quickly. I've since turned it off and have had no problems other than a lack of GPS.

Those are the biggest things I can think of off the top of my head. Thanks for any help/advice anyone can offer!

nikholaspappas

Nov 20, 2012
Visit site
Each app should have a "Use My Location" switch in its setting, just tick the ones you want on and the ones you don't off.

For my videos, I just go to Photos>Camera Roll and my videos are mixed in with the pictures. I notice that is not the case if you go to th photoablum from the camera

SteveNoza

Jul 16, 2014
Visit site
WP is very persnikity about having your contacts phone numbers (In the People app) have an area code included, otherwise it doesn't recognize them. Could this be what's happening in question #1?

Tepid

Jan 26, 2013
Visit site
Hello,

Just picked up the Icon a week and a half ago and so far have really been loving it. A little sad that 8.1 isn't on there yet (thought it would be), but it sounds like it's close. After a few weeks playing around with it, I still have a few things I haven't been able to figure out and was hoping someone might know on here.

1) A few of my contacts I imported over have been acting very strange. It appears to be people that aren't in my same area code, but when I text my friend Sam I have a thread under the contact name but when he replies it comes back separately as his phone number. I've looked at the contact settings and have his phone set up as mobile...not sure why that is happening.

WP is very persnikity about having your contacts phone numbers (In the People app) have an area code included, otherwise it doesn't recognize them. Could this be what's happening in question #1?

No, I have never seen this on either mine or my wife's Icons.

Quite possibly could be something glitched out when transferring from iPhone to WP.
How did you do that? App, Excel, other?

2) I had a text message start to a friend, Jason and when I hit send, the name at the top switched to another one of my contacts. Jason was indeed getting them, but the fact that it had a different name is unsettling (I thought I invited a customer to Chipotle for lunch). I deleted the other contact and it hasn't happened since. Has anyone else run into this?

I have not seen that happen either. Again, could have been a transfer glitch.

3) I feel dumb even asking this, but where do you watch videos you have recorded? I took a video of my son and so far have been unable to find it. Pictures I can get to with ease, but so far have had no such luck with videos.

Video's are mixed in with the photo's, Doesn't make much sense to me either.
Always thought they should drop under the Videos App.

4) Is there a way to select location services on just for the HERE Drive+ app, but not others? I had location services on when I first got the phone and it killed the battery very quickly. I've since turned it off and have had no problems other than a lack of GPS.

Those are the biggest things I can think of off the top of my head. Thanks for any help/advice anyone can offer!

Location Services are an All or nothing feature.
Look at all the other apps you have running in the background and disable a lot of them.
Most are not needed to be running in background.
Then you should be able to turn Location Services back on.

For the record, my wife uses her phone all day, and she can get almost a full charge out of it.
I use mine far less and can get about a day and a half, more if I just let it sit and don't do anything with it
That is with BT, Location, and some apps, but I have turned off a lot of them from running in background.

Michael Bromley

Dec 19, 2012
Visit site
A couple phones ago, I had a problem w contacts linking themselves so they showed up mixed up and it was unclear which contacts were which. I deleted and reimported and it went fine. Double check if any of your funky contacts are linked by mistake, because if so they'll show up as one another.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
velocityxs