Verizon Messages for the Lumia Icon

maui911

Apr 3, 2013
Visit site
It's my understanding that the HTC M8 is equipped with the Verizon Messages app. Anyone know if the Icon will be getting it any time soon? Really liked it on other platforms, plus I can text from my Surface with it.

xboxonthego3

Jan 2, 2013
Visit site
Interesting. I never heard of such an app. I would be very interested in it if it really is on the Surface. I'll have to look up the app.

arbyjr

May 22, 2014
Visit site
It's my understanding that the HTC M8 is equipped with the Verizon Messages app. Anyone know if the Icon will be getting it any time soon? Really liked it on other platforms, plus I can text from my Surface with it.
I have that app on my Android tablet. I don't use that tab that often and that app really suc**, I feel that it's very poorly designed and the user interface feels clunky, why would you really want that so your phone?

maui911

Apr 3, 2013
Visit site
I mostly use the web app on my surface and when I'm at work. When I get a text notification, I just bring up the browser tab running the web app and reply from there instead of pulling my phone out of pocket or off the charger. I have the link bookmarked for easy access. The Verizon messages Android app is pretty good. I use it on my Note 3, and I like how it recognizes when I'm driving and it will automatically send a Glympse to people you specify should receive one when you are driving. The app on Android also syncs with the web app, so whatever I text on the web shows up on my phone as well.

Verizon Messages - Verizon Wireless

quantum tao

Jan 9, 2013
Visit site
we don't have it for the same reason we don't have Verizon cloud, they don't give a **** about windows phone or the customers that use them.

MikeSo

Dec 31, 2012
Visit site
Frankly, this functionality should be built into Windows + Windows Phone by now.

FYI, you can use the PC-texting thing without any WP app.

wayn1ak

Oct 30, 2012
Visit site
I agree 100%. I remember a while back there was talk that messaging would seamlessly work across Windows phone and Windows. Not sure why it hasn't materialized yet. Microsoft needs to do something similar to iMessage and Continuity, like make Skype more integrated in WP for example.

Oh and I tried installing the Verizon messages software on my computer but it won't let me log in for some reason. It would always crash and restart. I'll have to try the web app when I get home.

wardo5757

Dec 20, 2012
Visit site
It works great on the M8, I think much better than how it works on Android. On Android it installs an app, you have to use that app in order to send and receive messages in order to get the benefit of VZ messages. On the M8, it integrates into the OE messaging app, runs behind the scene synchronizing your messages and it's available in the Store from Verizon for download, I love it. But on my Icon, I can't find the app in the Store, I don't understand why since they are both Windows Phones on Verizon.

RSailer

Jun 14, 2011
Visit site
That's weird. It doesn't link to a Windows Phone version anywhere on the Verizon Wireless website The HTC M8 page mentions that it supports it and links to the description page for Messages that doesn't list WP support. So it seems that they have taken the time to create the app, but they have only released it for one phone and blocked all others from downloading it. I'd love to know what goes through their heads when they do this stuff.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Brilliantick99