According to neowin more phones will get cyan soon.

Tepid

Jan 26, 2013
Visit site
We Will Not Get Cyan Till Verizon Releases The Update And Not Before Then
Those Updates Are Only For Carriers That Have Already Released The WP8.1 and Cyan Update
But Was Blocked By Microsoft For Preview For Developers ONLY.

WHEN WILL PEOPLE GET THIS RIGHT. THIS HAS NOTHING TO DO WITH ICON TILL VERIZON GET"S OFF THEIR DEAD *** AND RELEASES IT> PERIOD< END OF F"ING STORY>

winrayjay99

Dec 17, 2013
Visit site
Those Updates Are Only For Carriers That Have Already Released The WP8.1 and Cyan Update

WHEN WILL PEOPLE GET THIS RIGHT. THIS HAS NOTHING TO DO WITH ICON TILL VERIZON GET"S OFF THEIR DEAD *** AND RELEASES IT> PERIOD< END OF F"ING STORY>

As a Verizon customer myself, I get what you are saying. At least Microsoft lets us update our OS with DP. Getting what we want from Verizon is like herding Cats. If you want to know what I mean ask an Android user on Verizon. I remember having an Xperia Play on Verizon they never updated the phone to Android Ice Cream Sandwich. At least I am happy with Windows phone because I can get 8.1 through DP without waiting for Verizon to get it's proverbial head out of it's @$$, to get win 8.1.

odin09

Jun 30, 2012
Visit site
According to wmpoweruser all developers preview users will have cyan in the next three weeks, that includes Verizon users. I guess we will see...

Tepid

Jan 26, 2013
Visit site
I will believe when I see it.

They stated everyone, but that is extremely vague.
There is no indication in that statement that they actually mean everyone.
It's hopeful wishing to think that.
People are reading way more into it than is actually there.

They are really referring to, only DP users on carriers that have actually released the update already and MS is releasing the block for everyone.

No indication whatsoever that VZW, Tmo and others will get it as well.

DavidinCT

Feb 18, 2011
Visit site
According to wmpoweruser all developers preview users will have cyan in the next three weeks, that includes Verizon users. I guess we will see...

I call BS here, they don't know anything, Verizon hasn't leaked anything. Till I see it on the WPC home page or Verizon's update page, it's BS....more rumor crap..

MikeSo

Dec 31, 2012
Visit site
How did you conclude that it includes Verizon users? NOTHING said about this says anything about Verizon.

Did you make that up yourself?

I'm ready to give up on this site. The levels of reading comprehension here are at about a kindergarten level I think.

airjeff

May 22, 2013
Visit site
The word "ALL" has a pretty specific meaning!

Or it could mean, "All DP users(with cyan available) will get the update." It's not like they haven't said they are working on fixing the issue of updating DP to cyan...

At the earliest we'll get it 10-7, but I'd imagine we should just expect it at the end of the month to keep our expectations in line with Verizon.

jazz70

May 28, 2014
Visit site
the only thing at this point I will believe is when I will see the actual update on my Icon, it's frustrating that a flagship windows phone has been treated like this by Verizon

a update of any kind (good news or bad) from Verizon about the Icon instead of complete and utter silence from big red would make all our lives easier then having to rely on unsubstantiated rumors

I guess since we are not drinking the iPhone or Droid kool-aid this is how WP is going to be treated by Verizon :straight:

Last edited:

MikeSo

Dec 31, 2012
Visit site
The word "ALL" has a pretty specific meaning!

Sorry for being grumpy, but it's clear that it means all Preview phones where the Cyan update has already been made available. Since it hasn't been made available on Verizon, it's not included in this "all".

oviedofreak82

Aug 13, 2013
Visit site
For me, I guess, the handwriting should be on the wall with T-Mobile. They took forever to update my 925 & 521 to Black and now taking forever to update to Cyan. I think I'll be moving in to AT&T from henceforth; at least the AT&T Lumia 925 has received the Cyan update.

Kasey Pierce

Jan 28, 2013
Visit site

Why is every word in that post capitalized....

winrayjay99

Dec 17, 2013
Visit site
There is talk that on the Icon's. Verizon is thinking of combining Cyan with Denim, but knowing big red I take this rumor with a grain of salt. All I am going to say is going Android or even Iphone will not solve the problem. Support Windows on Verizon something will happen. Besides Verizon still uses Bing as its search engine on it's mobile home page. So more support for Windows on Verizon might help us icon users.

Kasey Pierce

Jan 28, 2013
Visit site
I think your message had just as much emphasis in what you said even if you didn't have the caps. It just looked silly to me. I appreciate you hammering the forums and getting people to spread the word. I made a Twitter account just so i could ask about Cyan at least once per day haha!

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
hetb