According to neowin more phones will get cyan soon.

Tepid

Jan 26, 2013
Visit site
I think your message had just as much emphasis in what you said even if you didn't have the caps. It just looked silly to me. I appreciate you hammering the forums and getting people to spread the word. I made a Twitter account just so i could ask about Cyan at least once per day haha!

Good, wish more would do that.

Let's call it frustrated emphasis then. It's not my normal way of posting. But felt it called for it.

Darthbobcat

Mar 26, 2013
Visit site
Question to anyone more technologically knowledgeable than me: Would any of this have to do with most of T-Mobile, Verizon and Sprint's devices being carrier unique phones that don't exist elsewhere in the world?

Ordeith

Dec 2, 2011
Visit site
For me, I guess, the handwriting should be on the wall with T-Mobile. They took forever to update my 925 & 521 to Black and now taking forever to update to Cyan. I think I'll be moving in to AT&T from henceforth; at least the AT&T Lumia 925 has received the Cyan update.

That handwriting was on the wall way back with the 810.

Tepid

Jan 26, 2013
Visit site
Question to anyone more technologically knowledgeable than me: Would any of this have to do with most of T-Mobile, Verizon and Sprint's devices being carrier unique phones that don't exist elsewhere in the world?

No, not at all.
they would blame the Bitlocker fiasco with DP. But that is mostly irrelevant due to the fact that the largest majority of people
were not even using bitlocker at the time.
ATT had no problems rolling out the updates, and only a few people were affected by the Bitlocker issue
But MS decided to put a block on it anyway, not a bad move on their part. But this was ONLY for Dev Preview users
NOT Everyone,, so those carriers have no excuse for not releasing it.

they are not releasing it, cause they do not care about it, and they want to push other devices.

More people need to start hammering these carriers via Twitter, Facebook and calling them.
start lighting up their boards and make it difficult to do anything else.

It has nothing at all to do with the device. It's the Carriers being A-Holes.

JamesPTao

Sep 8, 2013
Visit site
Probably not. Unfortunately the carrier unique trend with these carriers will probably continue as all three of these carriers use tech that does not adhere to the world standard of GSM (-Japan). At&t uses the same standard as the rest of the world so they will likely always have the edge in WP options and even if they don't have it buying a WP from Europe will work on at&t with everything working perfect except possibly Lte frequency as is more area specific.

anon(7901790)

Aug 5, 2013
Visit site
Probably not. Unfortunately the carrier unique trend with these carriers will probably continue as all three of these carriers use tech that does not adhere to the world standard of GSM (-Japan). At&t uses the same standard as the rest of the world so they will likely always have the edge in WP options and even if they don't have it buying a WP from Europe will work on at&t with everything working perfect except possibly Lte frequency as is more area specific.

Define "world standard." Here is a map of worldwide CDMA coverage. CDMA is not just in the USA. Though it is the standard used by most Americans. If you take a look China is also a country who uses CDMA. I will say this, CDMA is on its way out here in the US. As Verizon and now Sprint transition more and more to LTE. In the next 5-10 years, you'll probably not be able to buy a CDMA phone, including basic, non-smart, phones.

Attachments

• EVDO-World-Map.jpg
    EVDO-World-Map.jpg
    45.5 KB · Views: 29

Tepid

Jan 26, 2013
Visit site
Define "world standard." Here is a map of worldwide CDMA coverage. CDMA is not just in the USA. Though it is the standard used by most Americans. If you take a look China is also a country who uses CDMA. I will say this, CDMA is on its way out here in the US. As Verizon and now Sprint transition more and more to LTE. In the next 5-10 years, you'll probably not be able to buy a CDMA phone, including basic, non-smart, phones.

and that has been my point for a while now.
Smart Phones are no longer just a Phone. they are more considered a Smart Device.
Able to do practically anything regarding computing, remote access, remote control, just to name a couple
AND make a phone call.

We are passed the point of thinking of them as Phones any longer. Cause they aren't.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
powerupgo