Lumia ICON on ATT and Verizon

awilliams1701

Jun 17, 2013
Visit site
I'm also not certain that either at&t or verizon would permit that either. I've heard that they detect automatically what your phone supports and force you to get both data and voice/text.

I knew someone that popped their voice SIM into an original iphone and their bill went up in the next month. They tried to get them to cancel the data and AT&T refused.

ratsttam

Jun 5, 2013
Visit site
Wow, good question. I'm going to say "no" though, unless there is any other settings under cellular. When I put my t-mobile sim in the icon, it disabled the cdma connection to verizon.
I didn't explore any further, but it blew my friends mind that I can change his phone number by just changing the card, instead of calling verizon...

SimpleCartoon

Dec 28, 2013
Visit site
I'm also not certain that either at&t or verizon would permit that either. I've heard that they detect automatically what your phone supports and force you to get both data and voice/text.

I knew someone that popped their voice SIM into an original iphone and their bill went up in the next month. They tried to get them to cancel the data and AT&T refused.

I have data only plan (prepaid) I use with lumia 1520 and had no issues for past year. I see lot of folks using Verizon phones on tmobile and on att networks. My company might offer us a different phone for us. instead of carrying two phones I was researching what options I would have.

Since icon can run on both networks can it be registered to both service providers at the same time and can somehow be swapped between them in settings. I may not always need voice calls

I know this sounds crazy.

awilliams1701

Jun 17, 2013
Visit site
You can run it on AT&T for sure. I'm reasonably certain you can't have both at the same time, but if you don't mind swapping the sim when you need to, it will work fine. They might let you have partial plans and they might not. With that said, there are dual sim phones out there. I want to say the 630 will, but don't quote me on that. The catch is that as far as I know, none of them are on Verizon and without Verizon's approval it won't work on Verizon. This is a limitation of CDMA networks that affects both Sprint and Verizon. GSM like T-Mobile and AT&T aren't affected by this issue.

SimpleCartoon

Dec 28, 2013
Visit site
You can run it on AT&T for sure. I'm reasonably certain you can't have both at the same time, but if you don't mind swapping the sim when you need to, it will work fine. They might let you have partial plans and they might not. With that said, there are dual sim phones out there. I want to say the 630 will, but don't quote me on that. The catch is that as far as I know, none of them are on Verizon and without Verizon's approval it won't work on Verizon. This is a limitation of CDMA networks that affects both Sprint and Verizon. GSM like T-Mobile and AT&T aren't affected by this issue.

I am one of those crazy people who put lot of emphasis on specs. After using 1520 I hate to downgrade to ICON (although its only difference in screen size)

awilliams1701

Jun 17, 2013
Visit site
Yeah after my contract is up I'll either have a 1520 or its replacement. I'm done with verizon's BS with updates. AT&T may or may not be first, but they've always been reasonable.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DrPendragon