Should my next phone be the Icon?

The Cincinnati Kid

Jul 30, 2014
Visit site
I currently have Cincinnati Bell and Verizon bought them so I'm being forced to switch to a different carrier. Verizon was my last choice, but ironically they have the cheapest plan now. 2GB of data and unlimited talk/text for 60/month. I asked the VZW rep if that deal had always been around and she said yes. I guess I was always missing it since I had never noticed it before. I'm coming from an 8x and I'm wondering if the Icon will fit my needs. My complaints with the 8x are the battery doesn't last long enough and the camera is too sensitive as well as not taking very good pictures as night. It sounds like the Icon doesn't have those problems, but I just wanted to make sure. It's always been my favorite phone, so I'm looking forward to getting it!

xandros9

Nov 12, 2012
Visit site
Low light photography is a hallmark of high end Lumia's.

As for battery, I can't say. My only experience is a friend whose usage is pretty darn light.

Welcome to Icon land! Well, I can't really say that since I have a 920, but still!

Trill Gates

Sep 27, 2014
Visit site
If your chief concern is photography and low light performance then the Icon is the best choice and you wont be disappointed, but you may wanna also check out the HTC One M8 for Windows as well as it already has an official version of 8.1 installed out of the box, while the Icon is stuck on 8.0 for the time being(unless you're okay with The Developer Preview).

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
moocher720