8.10.14176.243 Update on Lumia Icon

hawwie_4

Aug 9, 2014
Visit site
Has anyone experienced problems with the new update on the Lumia Icon. I saw some other phones were having issues and I don't want to update if my apps will stop working.

quantum tao

Jan 9, 2013
Visit site
just the disappearing WiFi, unresponsive WiFi and Bluetooth buttons in the notification center, battery drain/heating, all needing a reboot to fix. sometimes rebooting quits and takes 2 or three attempts to get the phone back on.

BDub0817

Sep 17, 2012
Visit site
Manage the applications running in the background and manage your notification. Your device will run cooler, I'm on mine all day. High-end chip means heat :)

All phone with high-end chip get a little warm, especially when they multi-task or run processor intensive applications.

Karpito

Nov 30, 2012
Visit site
After the update I'm experiencing the battery drain/heating. I experienced that after the first version of 8.1 (dev. preview) and found that disabling Cortana and removing the tile from start screen fixed the issue. Later I was able to enable Cortana again and pin the tile, but after this update, not even disabling Cortana and removing the tile seems to help. I get random battery drain/heating.

MikeSo

Dec 31, 2012
Visit site
IE seems even more crash prone after Update 1, but I haven't noticed any downsides to the latest update other than that.

MikeSo

Dec 31, 2012
Visit site
So what does this update actually do then?

I got the impression it's the fix for the issue where Preview phones couldn't get Cyan updates from their carriers due to the Bitlocker issue. At any rate I don't think there were any new features in it, just bug fixes.

hawwie_4

Aug 9, 2014
Visit site
I got the impression it's the fix for the issue where Preview phones couldn't get Cyan updates from their carriers due to the Bitlocker issue. At any rate I don't think there were any new features in it, just bug fixes.
Nice it doesn't even affect Icon users because Verizon will never give us Cyan

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
hetb