Will VZW just skip Cyan and give use Denim? Will it be soon or 12\31?
    10-01-2014 08:19 AM
    I'm leaning towards never.
    10-01-2014 08:20 AM
    I though that's impossible. According to MS, if we want to upgrade to Denim, we have to upgrade to Cyan first.
    10-06-2014 12:21 AM
    What difference does it make? I still don't have W 8.1!!!!
    10-06-2014 01:13 AM
    I though that's impossible. According to MS, if we want to upgrade to Denim, we have to upgrade to Cyan first.
    Skip cyan = release cyan and denim as two different updates but at the same time. You'd still have to install cyan first then denim.
    DavidinCT likes this.
    10-06-2014 01:29 AM
    Maybe we will get cyan when everybody else is getting denim. Then we can be waiting forever for the demin. Probably get that after the Windows 9 comes out
    10-06-2014 08:53 AM
    WOW! Another 8.1 update thread?'

•shakes head in disbelief.•
    10-06-2014 11:55 AM

What's more unbelievable to you? That consumers are angry about being neglected by their service provider? Or that a service provider is neglecting it's consumers?
    Santio likes this.
    10-06-2014 12:18 PM
    12/31/15 maybe
    10-06-2014 08:20 PM
    so mad, thinking about doing developers preview. i guess i wont get cortana with it huh...
    10-06-2014 10:52 PM
    so mad, thinking about doing developers preview. i guess i wont get cortana with it huh...

yes you get cortana DP
    I ran it for a while but I had battery life and WiFi issues with it.
    But there are alot of people that say it runs fine for them.
    10-06-2014 11:14 PM
    I just read on twitter that cyan may be coming in the next few weeks.
    10-17-2014 07:42 PM
    What's more unbelievable to you? That consumers are angry about being neglected by their service provider? Or that a service provider is neglecting it's consumers?
    I agree. This is a community and as such it's a nice place to hear people discuss problems with other like minded people.We can all share the pain.
    10-17-2014 08:44 PM
    I'll bet you my 920 gets Denim before the icon gets any update.
    10-17-2014 09:40 PM

Are you REALLY that surprised? Break out the popcorn! How about one of those big buckets o' popcorn with four flavors? Cheese, butter, Carmel, and chocolate!
    NancyAnnL likes this.
    10-17-2014 11:45 PM
    What's unbelievable to me is that folks are crying so much for something that they have absolutely no control over. It is ridiculous (to me) to see so much complaining and "righteous indignation" regarding a phone update.
    gernerttl likes this.
    10-18-2014 01:19 AM
    Are you REALLY that surprised? Break out the popcorn! How about one of those big buckets o' popcorn with four flavors? Cheese, butter, Carmel, and chocolate!
    Yummy ! :)
    gernerttl likes this.
    10-18-2014 08:01 AM
    I would highly recommend it. It will give you a chance to try out Cortana. She can even make calendar entries for you. And the new swipe keyboard is reason enough (for me) to install it.
    forked likes this.
    10-18-2014 08:36 AM
    yes you get cortana DP
    I ran it for a while but I had battery life and WiFi issues with it.
    But there are alot of people that say it runs fine for them.
    I had the same problems and went back to 8.0 for months waiting for a update that never came so I just recently installed the DP again

A hard reset after installing and turning off some of the background processes using battery took care of the problems in my case, the WiFi connects fine as far as I can tell and my speeds are OK when connected but it does get wonky sometimes and a soft reset takes care of it

the only real annoyance is the slow start up every once in awhile when I hit the power button making me think I hit the wrong button to wake up the phone

imho I can live with the slow startup and WiFi issues because of all the benefits I get using 8.1 over 8.0
    10-18-2014 12:39 PM
    8.1 DP is totally worth it. Action center and Cortana are whats up. I really didnt think i would like the new start screen backgrounds but holy cow it looks so slick. I get asked often, "Is that the iPhone 6?" haha
    10-18-2014 08:53 PM
    What's unbelievable to me is that folks are crying so much for something that they have absolutely no control over. It is ridiculous (to me) to see so much complaining and "righteous indignation" regarding a phone update.
    Ok if your unlucky enough to get mugged of your phone which you have no control over and start crying.... Then to me that would be ridiculous right?
    10-18-2014 09:54 PM
    Ok if your unlucky enough to get mugged of your phone which you have no control over and start crying.... Then to me that would be ridiculous right?
    Not even close to what I was talking about.
    10-18-2014 09:57 PM
    Then if you do not care so much, your righteous indignation is not welcome here.
    You add nothing to the conversation.

And yes, we have every right to our "Righteous Indignation"
    as we are insulted by the lack of commitment and disregard for us customers, displayed by VZW,
    and hack apologists like yourself.

Bye.
    10-18-2014 10:45 PM
    Then if you do not care so much, your righteous indignation is not welcome here.
    You add nothing to the conversation.

And yes, we have every right to our "Righteous Indignation"
    as we are insulted by the lack of commitment and disregard for us customers, displayed by VZW,
    and hack apologists like yourself.

Bye.
    I wasn't being indignant or righteous.
    I also am not a "hack apologist".
    I own the Icon, so I am interested in updates, if/when they become available.
    I am just simply not going to hold my breath, whine, threaten to do this/that/the other thing when holding my breath or whining does not get me the update any earlier.
    10-18-2014 11:17 PM
    I think people have every right to be upset about the appalling lack of support for WP by Verizon. If they really disdain Microsoft so much they really should stop selling the phones. Period. They have already retired the Icon, Cyan has been released since APRIL. We are two weeks from NOVEMBER. Is Verizon really still 'testing' the update? Highly unlikely. They have always had a poor relationship with Microsoft, add that to the fact that they are firmly beholden to Apple and Android, (more Apple than Android), they do NOT push any windows product they way that they push anything else, (ask your average Verizon rep in a store and ask them about A Windows Phone. See what happens), and what you get are a whole bunch of Icon users who love their phones and want them to have the latest and greatest updates just like every other customer out there who happen to run Apple or Android hardware/software, but we get NOTHING. Its sad. Its unfair and it should be addressed but I feel like it never will be the way it should because Verizon just doesn't give a crap about WP.

Here we are and Denim has been released to lesser spec'd albeit new handsets all over the place outside of the United States and us Verizon customers, LOYAL Icon users just sit and wait...sit and wait...sit and wait. Its pathetic. We are not whining or holding our breath. We are unhappy with the TERRIBLE treatment Verizon WP users get when it comes to their phones. We have a right not to be happy and I think we're justified.
    PAC757 and jazz70 like this.
    10-19-2014 08:52 AM