Icon camera and DP 8.1

Jonathan Dotson

Oct 1, 2014
Visit site
I have used iPhone for the last few years and just made the switch to WP the other day. I purchased a Lumia Icon and like it a lot. On eof the first things I did was install DP 8.1 because I was told that even though it's called "developer" it's actually stable and bug free. The only issue I have is the search button stopped working (mostly). It works at random times but It's very flaky. I tried a hard reset but it still does it. does anyone know how to fix this. Also, does it really matter since all it does it launch Cortana anyway and I can just do that from the app?

One other question I have is when I take a picture with my camera does it save 2 copies of the photo? I seems like it should but I can only see one. How do I know which photo I'm sharing etc? And what if I want to share the 16MP with someone?

Thanks for the help!

psiu_glen

Dec 26, 2011
Visit site
For the camera, use an alternative app like Proshot or Nokia Camera, they will have an option to save two copies. At least in WP8, the high res version is only accessible when hooked up to the computer (I've seen some reports of Onedrive syncing them up, but not sure if it is an 8.1 feature).

Not sure about the Search button issue -- all my phones are on WP8.

ajamudc

Aug 21, 2014
Visit site
I can only see one copy of the photo in the photos app, but in Metro File Manager I can see both the low resolution and high resolution pictures.

shann123

May 21, 2014
Visit site
The camera saves two copies, the full 16MP/19MP (depending on your aspect ratio settings) and a down-sampled 5MP. The 5MP one is what you see in the photos hub and it's what you send via text, email, facebook, etc. The high-res photos are available via a computer, or through two different apps depending on your photo settings. If you have the camera set to capture the high-res photo as DNG you can use the app Rawer to view and manipulate those photos. You can also use the app Phriz.be to share the high-res photos from your phone whether you use DNG or JPEG for the high-res photos. All of what I just said assumes you are using the Nokia Camera app, not the Microsoft Camera app. I don't think the Microsoft camera saves the high-res photos, but I'm not sure. And the settings I mentioned are all through the app settings in the Nokia Camera app.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jacobss