Ring through headphones possible?

llamuh

Oct 9, 2014
Visit site
I recently got a Nokia Icon and updated it to 8.1 dev preview. Is it possible to make ring tones play through the headphone jack whenever a call is coming in? All other sounds play through the jack so I was under the assumption that rings would as well. This is particularly an issue for me because I am a heavy sleeper and my job requires that I be on call. With my previous iphone, I connected a minijack audio cable between the phone and a small stereo I had next to the bed so that I would eventually hear the ring and wake up. I have already missed a few calls (which puts my job in jeopardy) due to this phone not playing through the headphone jack, so I am desperate for a fix.

If there are any apps or special work-around menus that I'm missing, please let me know!

xandros9

Nov 12, 2012
Visit site
I'm pretty sure my 920 plays the call ringtone through the headphone jack, which is with 8.1. (Developer Preview'ed)
So I'd try that and see if calling yourself does the trick. I suggest it because I'm sure I've had calls interrupt my music.

llamuh

Oct 9, 2014
Visit site
I did some searching earlier today and saw that about the 920. While at work today, I plugged headphones into my cell phone and then called it from my desk phone. The ring audio played through the phones speaker and nothing came through on the headphones. I do not have any music loaded to the phone, but I do have Spotify. I started up a song on Spotify and then called the phone again. The music on Spotify paused when the call came in, but the ring still played through the phones built in speaker.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
graceevans