Twitter Response That We Will Still Receive Updates on the Icon?

jazz70

May 28, 2014
Visit site
anyone have any experience with a "retired" device getting updates and support from Verizon after the model is discontinued on any platform other than iPhone?

DavidinCT

Feb 18, 2011
Visit site
Ugh, This is a CSR, they KNOW NOTHING about updates on phones or phone release dates....I would not count on anything they have to say on Twitter or over the phone when talking to a rep....

They just don't know, they are not given that information, any information they have is normally heard from another CSR, and you know how rumors go...

sahib lopez

Apr 29, 2013
Visit site
I would like to point out what happened to the 810 ..... when you guys have the time to check out the 810 thread you might get the answer you are looking for. ;)

NancyAnnL

Oct 6, 2014
Visit site
Just tweeted VZWSupport and asked about the Lumia Icon updates after retirement. They're online right now- let's see if they respond.

Still waiting- I tweeted a second time. They seem to respond to anyone trash talking Verizon. Says a lot that they would ignore a legit question from a loyal customer who was polite.

No response. No surprise. :eck:

Last edited:

NancyAnnL

Oct 6, 2014
Visit site
Same canned response, same BS.

Perhaps, but that is the first "official" comment on that thread. I would hope that if they knew they were not going to release Cyan, they would not have directed him to "stay tuned for information regarding upcoming software updates" on their linked page. They must realize from the forums there and elsewhere that their Windows Phone customers are pissed. Apparently the only comments they address are from those threatening to leave Verizon with all their accounts or those truly badmouthing Verizon on Twitter or other highly visible social platforms.

aximtreo

Jul 14, 2008
Visit site
The response was to check on software updates from Verizon; not specifically for the ICON. I truly will believe it when I see it. I have already moved to AT&T and got the 1520. Still have the ICON; not sure whether to send it to the Smithsonian Institute or use if for an anchor for my RC Boat.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
velocityxs