Twitter Response That We Will Still Receive Updates on the Icon?

NancyAnnL

Oct 6, 2014
Visit site
The response was to check on software updates from Verizon; not specifically for the ICON. I truly will believe it when I see it. I have already moved to AT&T and got the 1520. Still have the ICON; not sure whether to send it to the Smithsonian Institute or use if for an anchor for my RC Boat.

True, the response did not specifically mention the Icon, but it was in reference to the "when are we going to get Cyan" rant. I've only had my Icon for 3 days- I'm trying to hold onto a "thread" of hope! :sweaty:

jenny311

May 21, 2014
Visit site
The response was to check on software updates from Verizon; not specifically for the ICON. I truly will believe it when I see it. I have already moved to AT&T and got the 1520. Still have the ICON; not sure whether to send it to the Smithsonian Institute or use if for an anchor for my RC Boat.

How do you like the 1520 compared to the icon.

I'm considering making the move myself. Just have to decide if the $1200 to terminate my contract and slow AT&T service here is worth it... It might be as I have been fed up with Verizon for some time now beyond their inability to update my Icon.

SpaceyO

Feb 23, 2014
Visit site
That response had absolutely nothing to do with what you said....

...that, plus I got the same response a couple weeks ago when I asked.

bmetelsky

Jun 2, 2013
Visit site
How do you like the 1520 compared to the icon.

I'm considering making the move myself. Just have to decide if the $1200 to terminate my contract and slow AT&T service here is worth it... It might be as I have been fed up with Verizon for some time now beyond their inability to update my Icon.

Are you serious? You would really consider paying that high of an ETF to move to an inferior system because you aren't getting your update?

NancyAnnL

Oct 6, 2014
Visit site
That response had absolutely nothing to do with what you said....

...that, plus I got the same response a couple weeks ago when I asked.

I guess that's their strategy. How much do you think that guy (Knight) gets paid to "manage" their awesome CS social media team? Whatever he makes, it's too much.

jazz70

May 28, 2014
Visit site
I am at the point (with the way Verizon has treated us Icon users) that we won't get anymore updates and the best we can hope for is getting the DP and learning to live with it running with the Black firmware :unhappy:

imho I cant put much stock in that tweet from VZW support being accurate, I would love Verizon to prove me wrong but I don't think it is going to happen

lylone

Sep 18, 2013
Visit site
I got this response from Verizon on Facebook

"Software updates are always exciting to experience! While there isn't any official info on if/when the Cyan update will be released, a great way to stay informed is to visit our news site periodically. Here's a link for your readig pleasure, http://vz.to/1sif5gW - Arnett"

IF? Really?

jenny311

May 21, 2014
Visit site
Are you serious? You would really consider paying that high of an ETF to move to an inferior system because you aren't getting your update?

I never said a lack of update was my reason for wanting to leave, you just assumed that.

As I said I have been fed up with Verizon for some time now, nothing to do with the update. My issues dates back to over a year ago when we were without cell service for 2 whole months (long before I had a windows phone and long before I was waiting for an update.). In short we are in a very rural location and Verizon was leasing AT&T's tower to service us, they knew their lease on the tower was up and did nothing about it and even dragged their feet after AT&T shut us off. So we went 2 months without service and Verizon was well aware the lease was up and could have done something to prevent any lapse service.

But my current issue is how high my monthly bill is. I now have 4 users on my plan (including two teen age kids) and we use a bunch of data! I recently did some research and I can currently sign up with AT&T get unlimited talk and text and 30gb of shared data for $280 dollars per month. That is $100 less then I am currently paying Verizon a month and some months even more of a savings! My contract with Verizon does not end for another 20 months, so in the long run paying the $1200 dollars now will actually save me money and I would not have to worry about ever going over our data with a 30gb plan and could even use our data more often.

Although I would like to see the update at some point, it has little to nothing to do with my desire to leave Verizon!

jazz70

May 28, 2014
Visit site
I got this response from Verizon on Facebook

"Software updates are always exciting to experience! While there isn't any official info on if/when the Cyan update will be released, a great way to stay informed is to visit our news site periodically. Here's a link for your readig pleasure, Verizon Wireless News Center - Arnett"

IF? Really?

expect a lot of "should" and "if" in any of their responses, Verizon always has to have that out never committing to anything

Timtcee

Apr 26, 2014
Visit site
I keep saying this on the threads but it's stuff like this that makes me want to leave the "unpopular dorks" (Windows phone) and go over the "hot football studs and cheerleaders" (iPhone). I just can't stand to be treated like a second class citizen anymore. I don't understand why Microsoft can't put pressure on Verizon to update the Icon?!

Kage Maru

Nov 21, 2013
Visit site
I keep saying this on the threads but it's stuff like this that makes me want to leave the "unpopular dorks" (Windows phone) and go over the "hot football studs and cheerleaders" (iPhone). I just can't stand to be treated like a second class citizen anymore. I don't understand why Microsoft can't put pressure on Verizon to update the Icon?!

Microsoft needs Verizon (and other carriers) more than they need Microsoft. So Microsoft is at a disadvantage and has to cater to carrier demands (exclusive agreements).

It also doesn't help that the relationship between Microsoft and Verizon was damaged because of the Kin.

Timtcee

Apr 26, 2014
Visit site
Microsoft needs Verizon (and other carriers) more than they need Microsoft. So Microsoft is at a disadvantage and has to cater to carrier demands (exclusive agreements).

It also doesn't help that the relationship between Microsoft and Verizon was damaged because of the Kin.

Thanks @Kage Maru but Verizon needs to get over itself and make a final decision: do they want to support Windows Phone's or not. If they do then they need to support us and give us updates. If they don't then they need to stop selling Window's Phones so we can go to a carrier that will support us.....

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
hetb