View Poll Results: Do we still keep our icon's with us..?

Voters
25. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes :)

20 80.00%
  • No :(

5 20.00%
11-08-2014 11:37 PM
75 123
tools
    I'm looking to sell mine as well. Not because I don't like it, I've been back and forth between keeping it or getting an M8, this may be the straw that broke the camel's back.
    10-14-2014 09:59 AM
    I'm looking to sell mine as well. Not because I don't like it, I've been back and forth between keeping it or getting an M8, this may be the straw that broke the camel's back.
    I am recommending people get the Samsung se now that icon is gone. I'm hearing positive things from those I recommended it too
    10-14-2014 10:12 AM
    I am recommending people get the Samsung se now that icon is gone. I'm hearing positive things from those I recommended it too
    10-14-2014 10:12 AM
    Ohh ill never touch a samsung device :S :P
    10-14-2014 10:32 AM
    Samsung has always been notorious for weak RF. has this improved at all.
    10-14-2014 11:36 AM
    Samsung has always been notorious for weak RF. has this improved at all.
    None of my friends seem yo have issues with it. I hate Samsung personally but since I don't support the m8 and the icon is gone, I am championing for the se for people to get :)
    10-14-2014 01:45 PM
    I will wait till the end of this year.
    10-14-2014 01:57 PM
    ohh ill never touch a samsung device :s :p
    same here.
    10-14-2014 02:00 PM
    Saw the Galaxy Note 4 in person today- man was that an impressive device. Big update in build quality for Samsung and man was the screen crisp. It is very tempting but I don't knwo if I want something that big. I also got to look at the Samsung Alpha which is also a upgrade for Samsung in build quality, too bad it didn't have a sdcard slot.
    10-14-2014 02:03 PM
    Nevermind
    10-14-2014 02:15 PM
    Not due for an upgrade on my second line until May so I guess I will see what's available then. If I see a good deal on an Icon before I still may scoop it up.
    10-14-2014 02:19 PM
    None of my friends seem yo have issues with it. I hate Samsung personally but since I don't support the m8 and the icon is gone, I am championing for the se for people to get :)
    OK, LOL, you hate Samsung yet recommend it. Just struck me a bit funny. I've just constantly heard repeatedly in various forums that their RF is sub par. Since this is an important item I think alot of people dislike Sam's hung for this reason anyway. The rest is the plasticicity of their build qualitys, but this may just be me. BTW, have you given the M8 a serious look and trial? It is the best WP verizon has that isn't retired.
    10-14-2014 02:27 PM
    Lame lame lame. Feeling a little ripped off. 8 months. 8 months and the "retire" the phone and they are 3 months late on a major update already. I don't think it's coming. the 930 just hit the shelves with 8.1. the W8 just it the shelves with 8.1. I want the Cortana and the hands free by giving or I'm switching carriers and to a phone that has those features.
    10-14-2014 09:40 PM
    Yes, I returned my Icon and Edged up to the HTC One for Windows. Brought the Dot Cover too and let me tell you it's a sweet combo. I wanted a Windows phone with the OFFICIAL 8.1 update, which my Icon NEVER got. The HTC One feels great in the great and it does NOT cut into my fingers like the Icon did. I was told that the Icon would have support for ISIS payment system. Never got it. Didn't have glance or double tap to unlock, hell my 920 had those, but I waited and waited for the official update to 8.1 and Cyan and then to Demin, but after Verizon stopped selling it it was an easy decision. The HTC One does not have wireless charging but it does have support for SD Cards up to 128 GB, It HAS 8.1 update, It HAS double tap to unlock. It does not have 4 mics but it does have BoomSound speakers. I has the Snapdragon 8.01 chip too so for me it was an nice upgrade.
    Last edited by dawizel56; 10-15-2014 at 12:03 AM.
    10-14-2014 10:11 PM
    After such a total snubbing of the HTC 8x by HTC there's no way I'm going to trust them again. I had a great experience with my HTC Android phone so I thought I would get an equal to or better piece of hardware when I decided to make the jump away from Android. By comparison the camera now sucks, text messages fail constantly, connectivity issues galore etc. Had to return it five times in a year and a half. HTC doesn't give a rats arse about Windows phones or users.
    10-14-2014 10:53 PM
    ...but there are a lot of issues with black DP.
    Phrasing. LOL
    chsoriano and Omar9399 like this.
    10-14-2014 11:05 PM
    My wife has the Icon & I have the 1520. The Icon works great. We have had the Developer Preview installed with 8.1 since it was available and it is still the best Windows Phone on paper that is available. Why so much worry?
    10-14-2014 11:12 PM
    Honestly, why would someone get rid of their ICON ? The phone works great.... accept for Verizon sucks as a carrier in update status. It still is one of the best Windows Phone devices available.

Verizon has not given an official statement on what they are planning to do here, if it's EOL, or just retired because they will re-release it with Cyan/Denim on it...

If your running the DP, your not really missing too much from Cyan (a firmware update that could fix minor issues), the phone still works fine for the most point. I'd say wait it out, I bet we see some update by mid of next month.

I would wait it out for the next month or so before dumping you ICON...It's still a great phone.
    MobileVortex likes this.
    10-15-2014 08:49 AM
    Well I usually just jump on the newest phone on Verizon anyway. To still be on the Icon this long is because it really is an incredible device. But I've been back and forth, I love the camera on the Icon but I think the expandable storage and better battery life may be enough to make me want the M8
    10-15-2014 08:54 AM
    I went to try and trade in my device online and ICON is not listed under the devices. WTF?

Not to speculate, but this almost sounds like Verizon has completely abandoned it. The 928 was listed under trade ins.
    10-15-2014 10:10 AM
    I was at the Hilton Expo yesterday here in Orlando. Went to the VZ booth and the guys there blamed MS. They just didn't care...
    Then went to the MS both and spent some time with the guys there. All three of them had Icons and were upset about VZ retiring the device. They said that VZ decided to stop selling it because of low sales (looks like WP are focusing on low cost devices). They said that Cyan is coming but it will be weeks, not days until we get it (they said sometime in November). They also said W10 will run in the icon and we can expected it the 2nd quarter of 2015. I asked why AT@T already got Cyan and the answer was :" GSM is always several weeks ahead..." I didn't ask why T-Mobile doesn't have it yet.
    10-15-2014 11:00 AM
    My wife has the Icon & I have the 1520. The Icon works great. We have had the Developer Preview installed with 8.1 since it was available and it is still the best Windows Phone on paper that is available. Why so much worry?
    The DP has lots of bugs and we didn't got the cyan update yet. That is the problem.
    10-15-2014 11:11 AM
    If your running the DP, your not really missing too much from Cyan (a firmware update that could fix minor issues), .
    We are missing a lot. Motion data, living images, brightness slider, etc. And don't forget about the problems we are facing right now, battery 🔋 drain issue, overheating, auto restart, and many more.
    10-15-2014 11:21 AM
    We are missing a lot. Motion data, living images, brightness slider, etc. And don't forget about the problems we are facing right now, battery drain issue, overheating, auto restart, and many more.
    I know you said many more but some additional ones worth calling out are Bluetooth LE and Sensor Core enablement.
    10-15-2014 04:27 PM
    All, I believe this is ripe for a class-action suit. Once I realized that Icon would not be getting the Cyan update and there were several sites from Verizon that said it was Cyan ready prior to buying. The fact that they are discontinuing it after less than a year (with steep discounts), very little updates and almost no support I believe we have been had. The biggest issue I have is that after numerous Samsung's, iPhones, LG's and others, my Icon is truly the best phone I have ever had. Dependable, well-built, fast, incredible camera and the best thing I can say is that it just WORKS and works well!
    wpfan2be likes this.
    10-15-2014 04:41 PM
75 123