What is next for Icon owners?????

Omar9399

Aug 21, 2014
Visit site
Hello Everyone.
So as a icon owner's whats is our next step?
1) Do we still get updates?
2) Do we have to sell icon?
3)do we still get support form Verizon?

what do you think we should do?:unhappy::unhappy::unhappy::unhappy::unhappy::unhappy::unhappy::unhappy::unhappy::unhappy::unhappy:

Poirots Progeny

Dec 22, 2013
Visit site
Verizon may not roll out specific device updated, but you should be able to get dp updated, you don't have to sell anything unless you want and you'll still get warranty support for the duration of your warranty.

awilliams1701

Jun 17, 2013
Visit site
no
no
no
unfortunately.
I'm going to try to get a 1520.3 (RM-938) and go to at&T or cricket.

Hello Everyone.

what do you think we should do?:unhappy::unhappy::unhappy::unhappy::unhappy::unhappy::unhappy::unhappy::unhappy::unhappy::unhappy:

awilliams1701

Jun 17, 2013
Visit site
DP causes issues without the Cyan firmware. I've heard that post cyan its much better, but there are a lot of issues with black DP.

Verizon may not roll out specific device updated, but you should be able to get dp updated, you don't have to sell anything unless you want and you'll still get warranty support for the duration of your warranty.

Poirots Progeny

Dec 22, 2013
Visit site
DP causes issues without the Cyan firmware. I've heard that post cyan its much better, but there are a lot of issues with black DP.

Yes, agreed . I never said it's ideal but short of somehow getting the lumia firmware sideloaded you're not going to be getting it. Unless Verizon play nice. There is no answer. Microsoft should be in charge of firmware and is updated, roll it out ota - but carriers want control over the firmware so that's that.

DavidinCT

Feb 18, 2011
Visit site
There would be no reason to Sell or get rid of the ICON right now. The phone still works perfect for the most part and there is still a high chance that we will get Cyan. No one actually knows for sure if Verizon is not replacing it with another ICON with 8.1 preinstalled or if they are totally discontinuing the phone.

If anything, you should wait it out, all should be known in a few weeks to a month for sure...

anon(7901790)

Aug 5, 2013
Visit site
Hello Everyone.

Step 1: Use and enjoy your phone. Step 2: Repeat step 1.

Yes
No (But that's an individual decision)
Yes. Verizon is required to honor any current warranties regardless of whether the phone is discontinued or not. If your phone needs replaced because of loss or damage, then you would go through Asurion (if you have that plan). For manufacturer's defects, you would have to go through Microsoft/Nokia.

EdgarPre

Jun 9, 2011
Visit site
It all depends. Best phone I've ever owned and a great mobile camera. If it gets Cyan before the end of the year I've got a great device to use for another year or so, on a great network, but from a company I've lost any respect for. I figure by 2016 we'll have a pretty clear picture as to the future of Windows Phone and I can make my next device/OS/carrier decision then.

MikeSo

Dec 31, 2012
Visit site
Mine works just as good today as it did yesterday (and the issues I have with WP8.1.1 are minor). Weird poll, why would I NOT keep using it?

Kasey Pierce

Jan 28, 2013
Visit site
What kind of question is that? Do we still keep it? of course i am. I mean after two years i'll get the next version of that year, but come on. How materialistic can you be if not getting the update soon warrants tossing it and getting a new phone? Maybe that's just my opinion. This is NOT NEW WITH VERIZON. If you upgraded to the Icon expecting Verizon to push out updates in a timely fashion? you were doomed before you ever laid hands on your Lumia. They do the same thing with Verizon android devices but no one cares because Windows Phone is the little guy so not getting updates gets more attention. I love my Icon the way it is, any updates are just added frosting to the top of my sweet sweet cupcake
**steps off soap box**

TechFreak1

May 15, 2013
Visit site
Selling the your lumia icons just because some CSR tweeted that it is being retired???

Seriously if people treat that as a official announcement, might as well create a similar looking account and announce the fabled McLaren is going to be released on Christmas day :p.

donebrasko

May 16, 2013
Visit site
If Verizon announces that it's done with the Icon, I'll probably get the Droid turbo until the next great window phone is released on Verizon. I have unlimited data so I can't leave

anon(247108)

Jun 25, 2014
Visit site
Since I bought mine 3 days ago it is still under the 14 day return so I could return it. This is not the first time Verizon has done this. Anyone remember their first LTE phone the thunderbolt? Ultimately though I did a ton of research before getting this phone and none of the features Cyan offer, such as Cortland, Swipe, etc., were on the list. Bottom line, keeping it.

NancyAnnL

Oct 6, 2014
Visit site
Since I bought mine 3 days ago it is still under the 14 day return so I could return it. This is not the first time Verizon has done this. Anyone remember their first LTE phone the thunderbolt? Ultimately though I did a ton of research before getting this phone and none of the features Cyan offer, such as Cortland, Swipe, etc., were on the list. Bottom line, keeping it.

I just got my Icon as an updated contract device 3 days ago too. I certainly was hoping for the firmware and Windows updates, but since I haven't read that we're not going to get them, I really don't want to return the phone because I don't see an attractive Windows Phone alternative at Verizon right now. I guess I'm sticking with the Icon at this point and hoping for the best.

donebrasko

May 16, 2013
Visit site
I just got my Icon as an updated contract device 3 days ago too. I certainly was hoping for the firmware and Windows updates, but since I haven't read that we're not going to get them, I really don't want to return the phone because I don't see an attractive Windows Phone alternative at Verizon right now. I guess I'm sticking with the Icon at this point and hoping for the best.

There is no alternative. In my book the icon is currently the best Windows phone out.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
hetb