01-03-2017 01:41 PM
2,618 ... 9899100101102 ...
tools
    None of you guys are having tint/hue issues?

Crank it up to high brightness open a pure black picture. Go to a dark room, is your screen black or have a red/purple hue to it?
    And how often are you looking at black pictures in a dark room with the brightness cranked up?
    aximtreo likes this.
    02-12-2015 09:29 PM
    That's nuts! It's gone from your app list, but if you go to photo+video settings you can still choose it as the default, right?
    I'm cool with it though. I used Lumia Camera almost exclusively anyway. So no loss for me.
    02-12-2015 09:31 PM
    I have the red tinted black on high brightness. But everything is super smooth.

Have you tried restarting your phone? Because I think a few people have reported laggyness and it has been remedied by a smart reset.
    Its hard to notice during normal daylight but I think more people are affected than not. I think the lag comes and goes so I think it might be normal, its not as annoying as the tint...
    02-12-2015 09:35 PM
    I just realized that the blacks aren't black anymore, it's a bit reddish mostly near the bottom. It was pure black before.

EDIT: The whole screen has a very red/brown tint when on high brightness. Hmm...
    IT goes away. That was the first thing i noticed but after a power off/power on its back to its regular AMOLED self.
    02-12-2015 09:38 PM
    IT goes away. That was the first thing i noticed but after a power off/power on its back to its regular AMOLED self.
    I restarted, soft reset, hard reset... and it still persists.
    02-12-2015 09:43 PM
    And how often are you looking at black pictures in a dark room with the brightness cranked up?
    Its not just at that setting and your missing the point, the hue affects all brightness levels, the grays have a tint to them at low brightness, but are fine at high brightness. It messes with the whole appearance of the phone, plus the phone should not be emitting that much light what should be essentially a black screen.. But I guess one can only hope for an update to fix the issue. There are others who tried hard reset, LSRT, soft resets and everything else and still the same thing.

I think it has link to the 930 issue...
    02-12-2015 10:02 PM
    Not to mention the hit to battery life since all the pixels light up. I actually noticed it on low brightness on the start screen at night, because I was able to see where the screen meets the bezel when it was usually hard to tell before.
    02-12-2015 10:28 PM
    Way to take it to the extreme to downplay this issue.
    02-13-2015 02:54 AM
    So for me, after nearly two days, Denim means five new capabilities: Miracast, Bluetooth 4.0LE, Hey Cortana, Lumia Camera 5, SMS messages multiple select.

Battery life is at best equal to before, which requires me to always have a charger or battery handy. Phone still shows resuming from time to time, but that's simply an 8.1 issue and is no way like the Android lag. It's livable.

All in all, I am happy.
    aximtreo, MikeSo, vepac and 1 others like this.
    02-13-2015 06:50 AM
    100 pages and still counting ,,, we there yet.
    02-13-2015 07:12 AM
    24+ hours with my wife's Icon w/Denim and email accounts are all banged up. Can't get them to stop sync'ing to delete/re-add them - no matter what (airplane mode, password changes, etc.).
    I did recreate accounts with different names, but the old ones still sync; eating up the battery. No choice but to hard reset...
    02-13-2015 08:05 AM
    Woohoo! Page 100! This post shall cement my place in Icon history!!!!
    02-13-2015 09:10 AM
    Quick question regarding "training" Cortana. When training, it's kind of "hit and miss" on her hearing me. Sometimes I have to repeat "hey Cortana" 10 times before she'll actually process it for that try. I've tried with the phone up close, further away, etc. It's just sorta hit and miss (even in a quiet room). I do have her trained as best I can, and it functions fairly well, I just wonder why it doesn't seem to register over and over while training.

I've gotta say....I've had the Icon since the day it was released. This is my 3rd windows phone (Trophy, 928, Icon). By far, I'm happier than I've ever been with a phone at this point with DENIM. The battery life is appearing to get better than with DP.....maybe it'll just take a few cycles to get it up to snuff again. Hope the rest of you are feeling the same about Denim!!!

EDIT: Just tried re-training in a different spot. It worked without a hitch this time except for the last training sample. Took about 5 times to get it right. Don't know what is really different in my office compared to the couch at home....who knows!
    Craig
    Last edited by NoogMan9605; 02-13-2015 at 09:59 AM.
    02-13-2015 09:49 AM
    Wow what a difference Denim has made. No more spotty WIFI and my blue tooth headset no longer breaks up when talking. The display seems more vivid than before. And man are there a ton of new settings to experiment with. Those who have said it were right. It feels like I have a brand new Icon. The wait was WAY too long, but worth it for the update to Denim.
    MikeSo and mortecai like this.
    02-13-2015 09:51 AM
    So, two days into 8.1/Denim and I'm extremely satisfied. It actually feels like I have a modern full feature phone now. Before it always felt like it could do so much more but was just limited by 8.0. Cortana and Hey Cortana are very useful and intuitive. Small changes like updating the font in text message are a nice improvement also. Before the UI as a whole just felt very flat, but no more.
    MikeSo likes this.
    02-13-2015 10:52 AM
    I'm cool with it though. I used Lumia Camera almost exclusively anyway. So no loss for me.
    Yeah, I'm liking Lumia Camera better now as well. Since my tile for Classic Camera carried over in backup, I took the opportunity to put all my photo apps into a live folder saving it in case I want it. That works.
    gernerttl and MikeSo like this.
    02-13-2015 10:59 AM
    the new Windows Weekly where they discuss the long overdue Icon update was interesting for those that haven't seen it
    SpaceyO likes this.
    02-13-2015 11:50 AM
    Way to take it to the extreme to downplay this issue.
    I'm not trying to downplay anything. I just asked a simple question, that nobody has actually answered.

So AGAIN. How often do you look at a black photo in a dark room with the brightness turned all the way up? Looking at a black photo in a dark room with the brightness turned all the way up is a bit extreme too...don't you think?
    Mirage85 likes this.
    02-13-2015 11:57 AM
    Yeah, I'm liking Lumia Camera better now as well. Since my tile for Classic Camera carried over in backup, I took the opportunity to put all my photo apps into a live folder saving it in case I want it. That works.
    My daughter and I are going on a father-daughter reef walk tomorrow night so I get to really test it out. :)
    The19thD0CT0R and aximtreo like this.
    02-13-2015 11:59 AM
    How often do you look at a black photo in a dark room with the brightness turned all the way up? Looking at a black photo in a dark room with the brightness turned all the way up is a bit extreme too...don't you think?
    I'm sure Microsoft noticed that it was happening during testing. And they decided it's not a big deal. Because it really isn't...

High brightness hurts my eyes anyway... The auto brightness function on Lumias is probably one of the best brightness controls i've seen on any piece of technology. Especially in the sun. It's perfect.
    gernerttl, jazz70, MikeSo and 4 others like this.
    02-13-2015 12:02 PM
    I'm not trying to downplay anything. I just asked a simple question, that nobody has actually answered.

So AGAIN. How often do you look at a black photo in a dark room with the brightness turned all the way up? Looking at a black photo in a dark room with the brightness turned all the way up is a bit extreme too...don't you think?
    I've never understood how someone doesn't have enough real world problems to worry about instead of focusing so much time and energy on things like this that are a non-issue.

Don't get me wrong, when I spend the money on something (in this case I got mine free) I expect it to work correctly, so I understand how you may be upset, but some of this nitpicking really seems ridiculous to me.

So far, my Icon and my wife's both seem to be much improved. I couldn't be happier, and she couldn't care less, haha.
    02-13-2015 12:03 PM
    Can we use the treasure tag now?
    I don't know, but I'm curious about this too. I've been wanting one for use as a camera remote...
    02-13-2015 01:02 PM
    I don't know, but I'm curious about this too. I've been wanting one for use as a camera remote...
    Yes you can and I have the mini on my keys and it works well. My wife uses the bigger version on Android and it does not stay connected.
    02-13-2015 02:05 PM
    Can we use the treasure tag now?
    Yes you can!
    02-13-2015 02:06 PM
    Does anyone else notice a massive drop in quality of the Xbox Music app? Slow, loading after loading, awful UI change and the removal of the music sub-store within the Windows Store makes it too much of a nuisance to use now. I think the music was a big step backwards. And am I the only one who is still upset with Verizon about the entire ordeal? I mean 90+ pages of angry consumers and then they release the update and it seems we all just forget about it. Its nice that they finally delivered it to us, but personally I cannot forgive them for the delay and unwillingness to help me with my windows phone.
    02-13-2015 02:26 PM
2,618 ... 9899100101102 ...