Official 8.1/Denim for the Icon?

HarrBear

Oct 10, 2014
Visit site
My biggest issue with 8.1 DP is that I can see my battery percentage all the time now so I've tricked myself into thinking my battery life is worse when it's really about the same. Any way to turn that percentage off in the notification bar?

anon(7901790)

Aug 5, 2013
Visit site
My biggest issue with 8.1 DP is that I can see my battery percentage all the time now so I've tricked myself into thinking my battery life is worse when it's really about the same. Any way to turn that percentage off in the notification bar?

As far as I know, there is not any way to do that. You brought up a good point. Many people complain that their battery life "seems" to be worse. I wonder if it is because of how you explained how you've tricked yourself into thinking that your battery life is worse.

Here is my battery life experience from this past Wednesday, when my daughter and I went down to Waikiki Beach and The Honolulu Zoo. I had around 95%(ish) battery. We were there for about four hours or so. I have a camera that is Eye-Fi enabled (Ricoh WG-4 GPS), and I was taking pics with that camera, taking pics and shooting video with my phone, and using my phone as a hotspot to upload the photos from my camera to OneDrive and sharing them on Facebook the entire time. My battery saver kicked in right about the time we were leaving. So I went from approximately 95% down to 20% in about four hours doing all of that. That's not too bad in my book.

feeked

Jan 20, 2012
Visit site
I hate that too. they had it right the first time. people don't need to see that **** all the time.

jazz70

May 28, 2014
Visit site
I hope cyan has some impact on that, especially with IE and chat, but I doubt it'll do much. I assume the main reason 8.1 uses more battery is that it DOES so much more.

I agree a lot more going on under the hood with the OS and Cortana than with 8.0, in fact I think I have seen posts by 930 users saying that cyan/8.1 didn't have a big effect on battery life so I am not expecting any big changes in that area with cyan, just getting the WiFi issues and power button start up lag sorted out will make me happy

Meat Sammiches

May 29, 2014
Visit site
Is it bad that I haven't gotten the latest critical update? I keep checking updates and it hasn't popped up for me. Also, ever since I updated the extras+info app it says i am running Denim. I highly doubt I have Denim but that's what it says. There must be a mistake. I am running DP on my Icon btw

anon(7901790)

Aug 5, 2013
Visit site
Is it bad that I haven't gotten the latest critical update? I keep checking updates and it hasn't popped up for me. Also, ever since I updated the extras+info app it says i am running Denim. I highly doubt I have Denim but that's what it says. There must be a mistake. I am running DP on my Icon btw

Open your Preview for Developers app and deregister and register and check for updates. As for the extras & info, it is a known bug that it erroneously shows up as running Denim. Try doing a soft reset and see what happens.

Meat Sammiches

May 29, 2014
Visit site
Hmmm... that IS odd. I'm stumped. Try reinstalling the extras & info app. Did you get the critical update though?

Yes thank you. And also, I did another soft reset for ****s and gigs and now it says Lumia Black in my extras+info. Hopefully we get an official update soon. These weak WiFi issues are starting to bug me. Anyways, thanks for the help. Cheers!

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
EyeTea