Official 8.1/Denim for the Icon?

awilliams1701

Jun 17, 2013
Visit site
No one has updated to Denim yet. Its firmware that also includes 8.1.1. I believe some newer phones include it out of the box.
People have had 8.1.1 for a while in DP form. This doesn't include firmware changes. The camera will see improvements in Denim including 4k video in many cases. I believe the Icon is one of them if it ever gets Denim, which I suspect it won't.

Microsoft have started the rollout of the Windows Phone 8.1 Update 1 aka Lumia Denim on the Preview
if it looks like a duck and acts like a duck........

DavidinCT

Feb 18, 2011
Visit site

Hmmmm..... Maybe this was the rumor before...The possible issues were resolved and they will be re-releasing the phone now that 8.1/Cyan is available ??????

I bet there was a serious issue with Cyan and they needed MS to get in the loop to resolve it...

Who freaking knows....we are throwing sh*t at the wall to see what sticks....

Another week of dead horse beating continues.....

Can we PLEASE let this poor horse RIP ? What did it ever do to you ?

ritojr

Apr 21, 2014
Visit site
Wish something would get announced here, I just got the m8 but plan on trading it back in before the end of the 2 week trial for an Icon. Would hate to get the Icon as it sits now only to find they re-release it with 8.1 and cyan, and the version I have for some reason is a brick and cant be updated. All speculation on my part but still a concern...

awilliams1701

Jun 17, 2013
Visit site
I saw that announcement and I know for a fact its BS. Plants Vs Zombies is still coded for WP7 and runs perfectly on Cyan. I think its just an excuse. They are throwing you a bone.

Hotvak123

Sep 28, 2013
Visit site
Well at least Verizon has done something. It won't be long now! End of 4th quarter coming fast and Microsoft going to have to hustle to get it in.....as promised. :crying:

Hotvak123

Sep 28, 2013
Visit site
So make a good reason to use preview for developers now isn't it.
I got everything "almost" that Denim has to offer
Hay Cortana , no , but that's going to be a battery drainer anyways. nice but not needed.
Fast camera action, no, would be nice to have , but can live without it.
The rest of the stuff, Action center, live folders, VPN, device hub, data sense, storage sense, alarm snooze time, are all there and working, I am not sure what Verizon could add, who cares about there apps. I rather Verizon take there time and get it right. for my Icon is just right.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ayven