01-03-2017 01:41 PM
2,618 ... 3334353637 ...
tools
    Correct. Things like the new gestures app work along with the Gestures App and fancy Bluetooth.
    12-18-2014 12:02 PM
    Yes, mine has double-tap to wake. Sometimes it requires two, four, or six taps though... ;) But usually it works fine.
    12-18-2014 12:03 PM
    Yes, mine has double-tap to wake. Sometimes it requires two, four, or six taps though... ;) But usually it works fine.
    So Kieran's display says Denim, as many people's do due to that fantastic extras+info bug. But Kieran has Double Tap to Wake. Meanwhile, Trent Vann's Icon, which is running Cyan, does not.

I'm just confused now.
    12-18-2014 12:10 PM
    So Kieran's display says Denim, as many people's do due to that fantastic extras+info bug. But Kieran has Double Tap to Wake. Meanwhile, Trent Vann's Icon, which is running Cyan, does not.

I'm just confused now.
    Is there a setting to turn on double tap to wake?
    12-18-2014 12:14 PM
    I think it's...

Settings -> touch
    12-18-2014 12:15 PM
    It didn't have it as an option there, even though it mentions it in the touch menu option in settings. I was told this is a test phone, so it wouldn't surprise me if something was missing from this build.
    12-18-2014 12:22 PM
    Yes, double-tap to wake is in settings-touch.
    Anyone know where I might find settings to turn on "hey cortana"?
    KC
    12-18-2014 12:35 PM
    http://lumiaconversations.microsoft....-upgrade-path/

Interesting how they don't distinguish the Icon in "Hey Cortana" supported phones (just 930 and 1520), but they do call out the Icon in the Nokia Camera section.

Everything regarding the Denim update mentions that you must have Cyan to update to Denim as well. This whole mess is so frustrating.
    12-18-2014 01:04 PM
    It's not Denim. It's impossible. VZ Navigator doesn't work "perfectly" yet.
    12-18-2014 01:17 PM
    The firmware is what is throwing me off. Everything else I have on mine is showing a higher number, newer date, etc. I did just update the Extras+info and it still shows Denim for me even though I know I don't have it. I have a feeling you have the same thing I do with just Cyan on it and the Extras+info app is still buggered up.
    kieran could have an older, beta version of denim, while you have a more recent/final build of cyan
    Last edited by feeked; 12-18-2014 at 01:25 PM. Reason: more clarity
    12-18-2014 01:19 PM
    he could have a beta version of denim
    Denim would be the firmware, which would explain the firmware number being higher.
    12-18-2014 01:24 PM
    Interesting how they don't distinguish the Icon in "Hey Cortana" supported phones (just 930 and 1520), but they do call out the Icon in the Nokia Camera section.
    I think it's just copy pasta. I wouldn't read into it.
    12-18-2014 01:28 PM
    I think it's just copy pasta. I wouldn't read into it.
    How exactly do you "copy pasta"?
    12-18-2014 02:05 PM
    aximtreo, gernerttl and Tjarren like this.
    12-18-2014 02:10 PM
    So bottom line, we are stuck with Extras+Info that will day Denim but still, it is Black...nice...
    12-18-2014 02:23 PM
    metoo.jpg
    MikeSo and aximtreo like this.
    12-18-2014 02:27 PM
    So bottom line, we are stuck with Extras+Info that will day Denim but still, it is Black...nice...
    Uh. No. Try restarting (soft resetting) your phone. I just updated my extras+info and it shows "Black."
    12-18-2014 02:28 PM
    I'll take a beta of Denim !! Send it over, as long as I get Hey Cortana and 4K recording, I will be fine (and very happy)
    12-18-2014 02:32 PM
    So they removed the status of the updates today huh? Cause I know it was there yesterday, must have coincided with the extra+info update from today.
    Availability in North America - Nokia
    12-18-2014 02:40 PM
    So they removed the status of the updates today huh? Cause I know it was there yesterday, must have coincided with the extra+info update from today.
    Availability in North America - Nokia
    http://www.windowscentral.com/micros...mware-launches
    Kieta likes this.
    12-18-2014 02:42 PM
    By the way Kieran Coghlan, we're gonna need you to extract that firmware and upload it for all of to download.
    DavidinCT and Tjarren like this.
    12-18-2014 02:42 PM
    I missed that this morning. I swear they had 200 news articles post this morning.
    12-18-2014 02:43 PM
    I'll take a beta of Denim !! Send it over, as long as I get Hey Cortana and 4K recording, I will be fine (and very happy)
    Well it seems like my phone has the latest firmware version (if not build date) and it doesn't have "hey cortana" or 4K video recording (that I can find anyway). So you mightn't be too happy.

Also, to all you blaming VZW for dragging their feet: my firmware came from within Nokia (build date in July) so if they didn't have these features in Denim by July maybe they are still working out the final finishing touches.

Personally I couldn't care less about 4K video recording. I think it's a waste of phone resources and storage space. But "hey cortana" would be convenient to have. At the very least she should start listening as soon as I open the app. As it is now, I have to start the cortana app, then touch the mic icon for her to listen (and honestly her voice recognition is not nearly as good as Google Now ... at least for my voice. GN hardly ever messed up understanding me. I have to repeat myself with Cortana all the time.)
    12-18-2014 02:44 PM
    By the way Kieran Coghlan, we're gonna need you to extract that firmware and upload it for all of to download.
    Not my phone. I'm just playing with it for a while. I'm not going to risk getting my friend in trouble. Sorry! :)
    Kieta likes this.
    12-18-2014 02:46 PM
    Well it seems like my phone has the latest firmware version (if not build date) and it doesn't have "hey cortana" or 4K video recording (that I can find anyway). So you mightn't be too happy.

Personally I couldn't care less about 4K video recording. I think it's a waste of phone resources and storage space. But "hey cortana" would be convenient to have. At the very least she should start listening as soon as I open the app. As it is now, I have to start the cortana app, then touch the mic icon for her to listen (and honestly her voice recognition is not nearly as good as Google Now ... at least for my voice. GN hardly ever messed up understanding me. I have to repeat myself with Cortana all the time.)
    Oh, no question a deal killer for me, Really looking forward to "Hey Cortana", when driving down the road I want to send my wife a text etc...

4K recording is fine with me and I look forward to it, as will have a 4K tv in about 2 weeks (if everything goes as scheduled) and with video, the higher res, it's easier to work with (as you can always down convert it but, can never up convert it)
    12-18-2014 03:00 PM
2,618 ... 3334353637 ...