Official 8.1/Denim for the Icon?

Kieran Coghlan

Dec 12, 2014
Visit site
This post is not meant to rub anything in anyone's face, so please don't take it as that...
However, I have a Verizonn Icon on long-term loan from a friend who used to work for Nokia. He left Nokia few months ago. I had been talking a lot about wanting to try out WP (I'm a long time Android user) and he said I could borrow this phone for a while to demo it.
Well, the phone is (seems to be) running Lumia Denim!
I've had it for a couple weeks now. As I've said though, I'm a newbie to WP (loving it so far though) so I don't know how to do a lot of things.
Two things in particular I'd like to demo are 4K video recording and the "Hey Cortana" feature. I can't find how to activate either. Any assistance would be awesome. I'd be happy to try out other features and report back to the forum if anyone is curious.
wp_ss_20141218_0001.jpgwp_ss_20141217_0001.jpg
Thanks!
KC

Last edited:

Trent Vann

Dec 3, 2012
Visit site
On the Extras screen, if you scroll down some you'll see the build date. I have one of these as well but just with Cyan. The build date on mine is 10/7/2014. Just curious how much later yours is? My firmware is 02061.00086.14405.24010 so yours does look newer there.

Kieran Coghlan

Dec 12, 2014
Visit site
Keep in mind that this firmware came from within Nokia. My friend is a former Nokia engineer, this was a personal phone of his. He had one of the software guys flash it with their most recent build before he left the company.

Indistinguishable

Nov 16, 2012
Visit site
Keep in mind that this firmware came from within Nokia. My friend is a former Nokia engineer, this was a personal phone of his. He had one of the software guys flash it with their most recent build before he left the company.

Thanks for the pictures and story, Kieran. Quick question - do you have the ability to use Double Tap to Wake on your Icon?

Trent Vann

Dec 3, 2012
Visit site
The firmware is what is throwing me off. Everything else I have on mine is showing a higher number, newer date, etc. I did just update the Extras+info and it still shows Denim for me even though I know I don't have it. I have a feeling you have the same thing I do with just Cyan on it and the Extras+info app is still buggered up.

Indistinguishable

Nov 16, 2012
Visit site
The firmware is what is throwing me off. Everything else I have on mine is showing a higher number, newer date, etc. I did just update the Extras+info and it still shows Denim for me even though I know I don't have it. I have a feeling you have the same thing I do with just Cyan on it and the Extras+info app is still buggered up.

Trent OR Kieran. Do your icon's have Double Tap to Wake?

Indistinguishable

Nov 16, 2012
Visit site
Yes, mine has double-tap to wake. Sometimes it requires two, four, or six taps though... ;) But usually it works fine.

So Kieran's display says Denim, as many people's do due to that fantastic extras+info bug. But Kieran has Double Tap to Wake. Meanwhile, Trent Vann's Icon, which is running Cyan, does not.

I'm just confused now.

Trent Vann

Dec 3, 2012
Visit site
It didn't have it as an option there, even though it mentions it in the touch menu option in settings. I was told this is a test phone, so it wouldn't surprise me if something was missing from this build.

feeked

Jan 20, 2012
Visit site
kieran could have an older, beta version of denim, while you have a more recent/final build of cyan

Last edited:

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
MatthewHilbers