01-03-2017 01:41 PM
2,618 ... 4243444546 ...
tools
    Hey Red, I drank a fifth of vodka, you dare me to drive?
    You know the song by Phil Collins, "In the Air of the Night"
    about that guy who coulda saved that other guy from drowning
    but didn't, then Phil saw it all, then at a show he found him?
    That's kinda how this is, you coulda rescued me from drowning
    Now it's too late - I'm on a 1000 downers now, I'm drowsy
    miketworld929 and Kavu2 like this.
    01-08-2015 05:24 PM
    So will we see Win10 PFD before Denim firmware?
    sequoia464 likes this.
    01-09-2015 11:29 AM
    Hey Red, I drank a fifth of vodka, you dare me to drive?
    You know the song by Phil Collins, "In the Air of the Night"
    about that guy who coulda saved that other guy from drowning
    but didn't, then Phil saw it all, then at a show he found him?
    That's kinda how this is, you coulda rescued me from drowning
    Now it's too late - I'm on a 1000 downers now, I'm drowsy
    Not that it matters but this song was wrote by Phil when he was having marital problems noting to do with drowning. Cant wait for Denim
    01-09-2015 02:32 PM
    So will we see Win10 PFD before Denim firmware?
    Absolutely not. Win10 for phones is a long time away... I'm not sure it will even be out this year. Win10 is rumored for a fall release, at best. And unlike Win10 for PCs, Microsoft will not want to send out a beta version to the public on phones (PfD for WP8.1 was the release version, not beta).
    01-09-2015 04:53 PM
    Absolutely not. Win10 for phones is a long time away... I'm not sure it will even be out this year. Win10 is rumored for a fall release, at best. And unlike Win10 for PCs, Microsoft will not want to send out a beta version to the public on phones (PfD for WP8.1 was the release version, not beta).
    Hmmmm....That is a maybe, as we are hearing the announcement on Jan 21st, it's a big MAYBE but, I don't think so.. Remember, this would be a "Preview Program" so it's possible they allow a preview of Windows phone 10 is...

Where is Denim, we are 10 days into the new year and still nothing ??? I wonder what they are defining as Early 2015.....
    aximtreo and MikeSo like this.
    01-10-2015 09:08 AM
    Who knows? They could be defining it as anything prior to December 31.
    01-10-2015 09:35 AM
    Who knows? They could be defining it as anything prior to December 31.
    To me, early 2015 is anywhere in the first 3/8ths of 2015. So... Could be anytime between now and May.

Who knows...
    01-10-2015 11:46 AM
    Sadly, what it means to you or me is meaningless in this case. :(
    MikeSo and Tjarren like this.
    01-10-2015 12:22 PM
    hey guys i got lumia icon of verizon off contract ... could not update anything higher to than what comes with the phone .... but you have workaround ... download the app "Preview for developers" and check the box in the application, you get the latest updated version of phone before it let out to the end users .....
    01-10-2015 03:23 PM
    hey guys i got lumia icon of verizon off contract ... could not update anything higher to than what comes with the phone .... but you have workaround ... download the app "Preview for developers" and check the box in the application, you get the latest updated version of phone before it let out to the end users .....
    Really?!
    aximtreo and SpaceyO like this.
    01-10-2015 03:30 PM
    Sadly, what it means to you or me is meaningless in this case. :(
    most important is what it means to Verizon and it's abundantly clear that anything to do with windows phone means absolutely nothing to Verizon

I get more pessimistic as the weeks of the new year go by that we are even going to see Verizon make the effort to push out 8.1.1/Denim to the Icon
    01-10-2015 03:32 PM
    Not to sound rude... um... WP 8.1DP has been out for quite a while. However, it is the OS only. The Denim firmware won't be updated until Verizon ok's it for OTA.
    aximtreo likes this.
    01-10-2015 04:20 PM
    Congratulations on the new phone! Most of us here love our Icons and I hope you do too. Preview for Developers is definitely the way to go.

By the way, welcome to Windows Central! Let us know if you have any questions.
    01-10-2015 05:47 PM
    It's not even the app gap that's the issue to me. My issue is the apps that are on WP are miles behind their IOS and Android counterparts. It's updates and features that are missing for me. Yes they have the apps i want and need but not nearly as polished as other versions. One of my most favorite website, Cracked.com WP app still says "Cracked for Windows Phone 7" in the about section. Ugh!
    MikeSo likes this.
    01-11-2015 12:24 AM
    It's time to close this thread.
    aximtreo and GoJays like this.
    01-11-2015 07:09 AM
    It's not even the app gap that's the issue to me. My issue is the apps that are on WP are miles behind their IOS and Android counterparts. It's updates and features that are missing for me. Yes they have the apps i want and need but not nearly as polished as other versions. One of my most favorite website, Cracked.com WP app still says "Cracked for Windows Phone 7" in the about section. Ugh!
    This is why I advised my wife to stay with Android.
    01-11-2015 09:19 AM
    It's time to close this thread.
    The Cyan thread hit almost twice as many comments before the mods closed it.
    01-11-2015 01:16 PM
    The Cyan thread hit almost twice as many comments before the mods closed it.
    RIP Cyan Thread.

I pray daily that you die soon as well, Denim Thread.
    manders500, vepac and Tjarren like this.
    01-11-2015 01:33 PM
    RIP Cyan Thread.

I pray daily that you die soon as well, Denim Thread.
    I bequeath it so. Make haste or endure the perilous demise akin to man's greatest punishment.
    01-11-2015 02:38 PM
    I hate to interrupt this thread's death spiral, but does anyone know how big this update is going to be since it includes both cyan and denim?
    jbclemons likes this.
    01-11-2015 05:06 PM
    I hate to interrupt this thread's death spiral, but does anyone know how big this update is going to be since it includes both cyan and denim?
    (----------------------------------------------------------------------------) this big.
    01-11-2015 05:09 PM
    Nice... Just bring it
    01-11-2015 06:35 PM
    Good question, and I don't know the answer. I think I'll do some cleanup to open up some additional space, just in case Denim actually does make it into the wild. What? Hey, it could happen.
    MikeSo likes this.
    01-11-2015 07:20 PM
    That's not how updates work. It is just Denim, which will include all of and improve upon Cyan. Probably a few hundred megabytes or so...1 gigabyte at the most.
    01-11-2015 08:18 PM
    If we close this thread, is someone going to start the "Official 8.1/Emerald for the Icon" thread first?

I got my Icon the day it came out, with the,promise of an upgrade to 8.1 by April 2014, and other that the PFD program, which has been fantastic, I have spent the entire time I have owned the phone waiting for an update. I don't even know what I would do if I still had to be on 8.0. Quite frankly I probably would have had to get a different phone. But I do have 8.1 and stuck it out this far.

This thread is an outlet for unrequited love, and its really a support group. If you are rocking an Icon, its an awesome phone in so many ways, but it needs the software updates to really be a finished product and Verizon... Is just not that into you.
    01-12-2015 05:00 AM
2,618 ... 4243444546 ...