Official 8.1/Denim for the Icon?

nolan533

May 8, 2014
Visit site
You know what is really awesome?

It's almost Build time again, and Lumia Icon still has no official WP8.1 Release with Cyan.

A whole ******* YEAR later and NOthing.

Question, is it really Verizon or Microsoft holding this release back?

Is it time to realize that niether really gives a **** about those of us that invested in this device and platform?ii
Maybe Microsoft is in over ther heads.

Or maybe MS needs to come out in the open and tell Verizon to go **** themselves? Something I will be doing when my contract is up.

Or maybe I/we need to jump ship and go to iPhone (never Android).

Forgive my ignorance but why nerer Android?

Tepid

Jan 26, 2013
Visit site
Forgive my ignorance but why nerer Android?

Because Google is truly Evil and the sooner people realize this and stop using their devices and services the better the world will be.

Side Note to all:
The great masses in their infinite, ignorant trance of self indulgence, hatred, petty bickering, true intolerance and divisive division will be the end of us all. Head out of *** will allow better focus on trees in forest.

Last edited:

Abu Mathew

Jul 16, 2014
Visit site
You know what is really awesome?

It's almost Build time again, and Lumia Icon still has no official WP8.1 Release with Cyan.

A whole ******* YEAR later and NOthing.

Question, is it really Verizon or Microsoft holding this release back?

Is it time to realize that niether really gives a **** about those of us that invested in this device and platform?ii
Maybe Microsoft is in over ther heads.

Or maybe MS needs to come out in the open and tell Verizon to go **** themselves? Something I will be doing when my contract is up.

Or maybe I/we need to jump ship and go to iPhone (never Android).
I am starting to feel the same - it's ridiculous that we are made to wait for an update for so long. If they are so inept at organizing their carriers to roll out the update simultaneously why can’t they just wait till everything is ready to make an announcement? Now it’s like Announcement of an update in May happens in January, actual update starts trickling around in August with lots of disclaimers and a year later many devices are still left behind. If this is any indication we will be made to wait at least 2 years for the Windows 10 upgrade. #timetoswitch.

Last edited:

nolan533

May 8, 2014
Visit site
Because Google is truly Evil and the sooner people realize this and stop using their devices and services the better the world will be.

Side Note to all:
The great masses in their infinite, ignorant trance of self indulgence, hatred, petty bickering, true intolerance and divisive division will be the end of us all. Head out of *** will allow better focus on trees in forest.

Thank I needed a good laugh
No to more really important things

Are we there yet?

nolan533

May 8, 2014
Visit site
For what its worth.
I just got off the phone with Verizon technical support about problems I've been having with my phone.
She asked if I've been having the problem since the 8.1 update. I told her the 8.1 is not out for this phone yet .
She told me that it has just been released and I probably haven't gotten it yet.
I don't know how much stock to put in to that
Just thought I would share the info

jasqid

Jan 14, 2011
Visit site
I hope when this FW is released it fixes the wifi issue. Had this icon a week with the PFD and wifi is bad. Just determined that the weak signal it pulls is what's killing my battery!!! #argh!!!

Curtis Guider

May 27, 2014
Visit site
Lumia Denim for Icon to be released January 15th according to this post.

nokiatheone*com/2014/12/20/lumia-denim-rolling-out-to-verizon-lumia-822-lumia-929-lumia-icon-to-get-it-in-jan-15/]

I don't have 10 post (* = .)

Curtis Guider

May 27, 2014
Visit site
"Joe also mentioned that Lumia Denim will hit Lumia Icon in Jan 15 & that is also the month when Denim will begin to see wider roll-out."

We'll See.

All we can do is hope until Microsoft gets some balls and does something about this.

Stay tuned.

DavidinCT

Feb 18, 2011
Visit site
That would be sweet. I go back and forth between really anxious for it and not caring anymore. ����

I hear ya, at this point I really only want "Hey Cortana" hate needing to reach for my phone when I am driving... (well 4K recording would be nice too)

Take my message with a grain or salt, my guess is good as yours.....

SpaceyO

Feb 23, 2014
Visit site
He said "early 2015," not January. Given the history of this thing that could mean December 30.

Ooh! a birthday present!

But srsly....

Rubino has said "Q1", and at the end of the Hey Cortana demo video he says "hopefully in the next couple weeks". I'm not taking that as gospel, but it's a glimmer of hope...

Indistinguishable

Nov 16, 2012
Visit site
Somebody else should call Verizon customer support and let them know how much we're missing 8.1/cyan/denim. They usually are able to see if updates are on the docket in the next few days. I've done it before.

Maybe we'll get the same result.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jacobss