01-03-2017 01:41 PM
2,618 ... 5758596061 ...
tools
    Absolutely. This is nothing new. Chat reps don't know anything.
    i don't really like to listen to or believe what they (referring to the sales reps) have to say. But in this case haven't they been pretty much right on every account? I haven't been keeping score, but it seems like every instance has turned out to be true...
    This is starting to get old, and I myself think it may be time to let the Icon go. The software seems to run fine, but if VZW keeps finding something that they don't like then they will keep pulling the plug, or keep holding off. Lumia is already dead at VZW, they have no interest in WP, the last 2 WP will slip away quietly without much care as well...
    I'll rephrase my previous statement this way. The online sales reps don't know anything that we don't already know.

I can't think of a time that they've shed genuine light on an update situation. Hindsight is 20/20. And that's the case here. I'm with Ed Bott & Paul Thurrott on this one. Old news.

Attachment 94930
    Hopefully this isn't just BS
    Just as a follow up to this Ed Bott did tweet the following:

I'm sure Belfiore told Ed Bott that the update was likely coming in January. And Ed Bott is noting that he still thinks that's going to happen. Could January pass without Denim for the Icon? In my opinion, of course.
    jazz70, SpaceyO, DavidinCT and 4 others like this.
    01-27-2015 04:45 PM
    I really can't believe, and don't believe, that Verizon doesn't care at all about the Icon, or windows phones in general. There's a reason that a whole slew of recent "promotees" were just given the Icon as their primary work phone at Verizon. As for the update, honestly, I have it on solid authority that it will be early February, so I wouldn't hold my breath for this Friday. Maybe i'm wrong, but I don't think so
    01-27-2015 06:11 PM
    By then the Windows 10 dev preview will be out...

Sent from my Nokia Icon using Tapatalk
    01-27-2015 06:14 PM
    The entire reason for them to not come out and say "January" officially is so they can push it further out later on. Yeah, there's technically still some January left, but "January, unofficially" doesn't carry any weight; they've got no more incentive to push it out this week specifically than they do next week or halfway through March or at the end of May.

Basically, anything unofficial means nothing, and anything official means almost nothing. I'll believe it when it's on my phone. And even then, I might half expect it to turn out to be an elaborate prank and we all get rolled back to Amber or something.
    01-27-2015 06:18 PM
    I really can't believe, and don't believe, that Verizon doesn't care at all about the Icon, or windows phones in general. There's a reason that a whole slew of recent "promotees" were just given the Icon as their primary work phone at Verizon. As for the update, honestly, I have it on solid authority that it will be early February, so I wouldn't hold my breath for this Friday. Maybe i'm wrong, but I don't think so
    A lot of people are saying early February. I hope they're right
    01-27-2015 06:25 PM
    By then the Windows 10 dev preview will be out...

Sent from my Nokia Icon using Tapatalk
    Maybe they're meant to coincide for some reason
    01-27-2015 06:25 PM
    I'm not holding my breath for it ever happening and you'll never convince me that VZW gives a crap about anything except making sure we pay on time. They suck from the top on down and their customer service people are the worst in the business. Condescending and arrogant don't even begin to describe them.
    DavidinCT likes this.
    01-27-2015 07:19 PM
    Oh, and BTW, the last guy who claimed to have inside knowledge at VZW told us Cyan was coming one day last October. AFAIK he hasn't been heard from since.
    bmetelsky, DavidinCT and aximtreo like this.
    01-27-2015 07:26 PM
    Oh, and BTW, the last guy who claimed to have inside knowledge at VZW told us Cyan was coming one day last October. AFAIK he hasn't been heard from since.
    True, but there are several people now who are saying February. Besides, for people who can't afford a new device, all we can do is hope
    01-27-2015 07:29 PM
    Before his disappearance wasn't he a very reliable sources?
    01-27-2015 07:46 PM
    I think so, but that's my point. There's no such thing as a reliable source.
    01-27-2015 07:48 PM
    I think so, but that's my point. There's no such thing as a reliable source.
    I just have to disagree with this because my magic 8 ball had never been anything other than reliable...
    01-27-2015 07:52 PM
    I just have to disagree with this because my magic 8 ball had never been anything other than reliable...
    I agree my magic 8 ball has given me a steady stream of "very doubtful", "my reply is no", and "signs point to no" every time I ask about an update coming from Verizon, seems legit
    01-27-2015 07:59 PM
    Any day Verizon
    01-27-2015 07:59 PM
    What about it?

It's a segment of a picture from this article that highlights the similarity in design of the Surface 2 & the Lumia Icon. Which happen to be my two favorite devices. Nokia Lumia Icon versus Microsoft Surface 2 ? born of the same design language? | Windows Central
    That story is what finally made me bite the bullet on a Surface 2 refurb back in November. Now we get the 'news' about W10 and RT and Surface 2 being discontinued. *shaking fist* Rubinoooooooo!!!!!!
    01-27-2015 08:15 PM
    True, but there are several people now who are saying February. Besides, for people who can't afford a new device, all we can do is hope
    Who's saying February now?
    01-27-2015 08:45 PM
    Who's saying February now?
    Windows insider
    01-27-2015 09:04 PM
    Saying February guessing they have to be right because March is so far away lol.
    01-27-2015 10:22 PM
    Windows insider
    Windows Insider is for Windows 10 Tech Preview and, eventually in Feb, Windows Phone 10. It has nothing to do with Verizon's eventual release of WP8.1/Denim.
    SpaceyO likes this.
    01-28-2015 02:16 AM
    It just confirms the same crap we know now. NOTHNG. Everyone is coming up with a theory on when it's coming but, no one actually knows besides Verizon and they do not leak crap for updates, Never and NOT to CSRs. The CSRs are looking through forums just like you are.

About the ONLY person out there I would take ANY trust in on this subject is Joe Belfiore and even he does not know 100%...

I say we all wear denim jeans commando for the rest of this week. Unless of course you're DavidinCT and have denim underwear...
    And please stop taking about my denim underwear they are comfy :)

LOL
    01-28-2015 07:14 AM
    About the ONLY person out there I would take ANY trust in on this subject is Joe Belfiore and even he does not know 100%...
    Right. And all he keeps giving us is "soon" and "early 2015."

Both are open to interpretation.
    Last edited by grafixguy#AC; 01-28-2015 at 07:58 AM. Reason: typo correction
    DavidinCT likes this.
    01-28-2015 07:57 AM
    The web page on Verizon website that contains the pdf's for the Icon is missing. Is this the beginning???
    Indistinguishable likes this.
    01-28-2015 10:20 AM
    This thread just reminds me of the books from the late 80's about the world ending and listing all the reasons why it would end then. I just find it comical now. #88ReasonsWhyTheWorldWillEndIn1988. Thanks for my daily dose of humor y'all!
    01-28-2015 10:20 AM
    The web page on Verizon website that contains the pdf's for the Icon is missing. Is this the beginning???
    Or the End, how ever you wanna look at it
    Indistinguishable likes this.
    01-28-2015 10:28 AM
    Sorry I couldn't post links, but I believe everyone on this thread knows what page I'm talking about.
    01-28-2015 10:31 AM
2,618 ... 5758596061 ...