01-03-2017 01:41 PM
2,618 ... 45678 ...
tools
    My developer preview says denim.... How can I check to see if it really does?

Nevermind I read back some post and I see that it's not real. I got so happy
    Mine still shows "Lumia black"....sigh..
    10-20-2014 12:14 PM
    Mine still shows "Lumia black"....sigh..
    mine is still showing "Lumia Denim"...
    10-20-2014 04:07 PM
    Do you have passive voice activation?
    10-20-2014 05:12 PM
    His phone doesn't have Denim. It's just an information screen about Denim, it's not the actual denim firmware installed.
    10-20-2014 05:35 PM
    passive-listening? i just pressed the search key, and said hey Cortana, and the screen switched to "here is some info for your evening"

wp_ss_20141020_0004.jpg
    10-20-2014 05:46 PM
    that is the opposite of passive
    Tjarren likes this.
    10-20-2014 05:54 PM
    His phone doesn't have Denim. It's just an information screen about Denim, it's not the actual denim firmware installed.
    I'm not really going to argue this any farther because it more than likely doesn't, but that screen glitch you your referring to if you closer out the screen then reopen it switches back to displaying Lumia black, but on my phone this is not happening, it's still showing lumina denim.
    The phone updated something other then just the extra+info app the other day after my Microsoft rep played with my phone (not a rep for VZW, I do not work for Verizon).

I have not went through the training session, but when on the Cortana screen what does your phones do when you just ask out a question or even call out hey Cortana,
    10-20-2014 06:37 PM
    I'm not really going to argue this any farther because it more than likely doesn't, but that screen glitch you your referring to if you closer out the screen then reopen it switches back to displaying Lumia black, but on my phone this is not happening, it's still showing lumina denim.
    The phone updated something other then just the extra+info app the other day after my Microsoft rep played with my phone (not a rep for VZW, I do not work for Verizon).

I have not went through the training session, but when on the Cortana screen what does your phones do when you just ask out a question or even call out hey Cortana,
    My phone insists on displaying "Lumia Denim" on that screen as well. Our phones do not have Denim.

Go to Settings -> About -> More Info and it will show
    Firmware revision number: 1028.3566.1417.0047
    10-20-2014 06:51 PM
    My phone insists on displaying "Lumia Denim" on that screen as well. Our phones do not have Denim.

Go to Settings -> About -> More Info and it will show
    Firmware revision number: 1028.3566.1417.0047
    FAIL NOKIA !

Sorry, had to....
    10-20-2014 07:04 PM
    I only have a problem with the phone getting hot if I leave the flashlight-x open in the background. If I remember to close it, the battery life is fine and the phone doesn't get hot. Not saying there isn't some underlying firmware issue, but it does appear to be triggered by certain apps for me.
    10-21-2014 08:55 AM
    I know that as soon as I update to 8.1 DP, the actual updates will come out. I'm thinking of making that sacrifice for you folks.
    11B1P likes this.
    10-21-2014 11:25 AM
    I know that as soon as I update to 8.1 DP, the actual updates will come out. I'm thinking of making that sacrifice for you folks.
    you may as well do it. they fixed the bitlocker issue, so it won't be necessary to reset to factory settings to get cyan/denim.
    10-21-2014 11:26 AM
    FAIL NOKIA !

Sorry, had to....
    Alternative headline,

SYMBIAN PHONE SURVIVES THERMONUCLEAR HOLOCAUST
    10-21-2014 12:00 PM
    On a side note, my Verizon sales goon claims the Nokia Tablet 2520 power keyboard "is now obsolete with no additional quantities coming in". Its available at ATT. Perhaps Verizon is eventually dropping support for all Lumia devices, not just the Icon.
    10-21-2014 12:49 PM
    Why wouldnt you update to the 8.1 dp. I did a long time ago and I can honestly say I dont have any different problems than I did before i updated
    MikeSo likes this.
    10-21-2014 01:03 PM
    YAY! Another great app advertised, but only for 8.1. Yeah, this is getting old. and I have tried 8.1DP twice and had nothing but wifi issues. And I did try multiple resets....
    10-21-2014 01:11 PM
    If a Verizon sales rep said water was wet, don't believe them. They have no idea what they are talking about. Especially when Microsoft is involved in any way shape or form.

On a side note, my Verizon sales goon claims the Nokia Tablet 2520 power keyboard "is now obsolete with no additional quantities coming in". Its available at ATT. Perhaps Verizon is eventually dropping support for all Lumia devices, not just the Icon.
    10-21-2014 01:13 PM
    Many people did. From what I've heard the DP experience on the Icon was worse than any other phone they make. The fact that the 930 seems to work fine is an indication that the Icon demands Cyan for some reason.

Why wouldnt you update to the 8.1 dp. I did a long time ago and I can honestly say I dont have any different problems than I did before i updated
    10-21-2014 01:14 PM
    I thought the same thing! That was three weeks ago....
    Kieta and HarrBear like this.
    10-21-2014 01:20 PM
    Who knows how accurate this is but over the weekend I talked to a Verizon rep at a corporate store here in Canton, OH (they claim it is the busiest store in the US) who told me the Microsoft/Nokia rep was just in their store and said there is a firmware issue that is holding things up, not a software issue. That is why 8.1.1 runs fine on Verizon with the HTC M8- it's the cyan firmware that is the issue with the Nokia phones on Verizon.
    10-21-2014 01:23 PM
    Who knows how accurate this is but over the weekend I talked to a Verizon rep at a corporate store here in Canton, OH (they claim it is the busiest store in the US) who told me the Microsoft/Nokia rep was just in their store and said there is a firmware issue that is holding things up, not a software issue. That is why 8.1.1 runs fine on Verizon with the HTC M8- it's the cyan firmware that is the issue with the Nokia phones on Verizon.
    Perhaps this explains why both MS and VZW refuse to say anything. Additionally, perhaps VZW gave up waiting for a firmware fix.
    10-21-2014 01:42 PM
    If that is the case I'm glad they don't say anything, because it would SHOCK me if software have bugs, so I'd never be able to trust Microsoft again.
    10-21-2014 01:49 PM
    I can assume its CDMA related issue since the GSM phones worked. At this point, this is really disappointing. I hope they will fix it soon. Verizon should at least communicate with their customers on the status. I am holding back on upgrade to ICon
    10-21-2014 01:50 PM
    Yeah pretty sure they've had nothing but problems with the icon software since launch. This is why they are no longer producing it.
    10-21-2014 02:03 PM
    Yeah pretty sure they've had nothing but problems with the icon software since launch. This is why they are no longer producing it.
    Do you have ANY basis at all for that speculation? CSR statements don't count as they know nothing.
    Tjarren likes this.
    10-21-2014 02:11 PM
2,618 ... 45678 ...