01-03-2017 01:41 PM
2,618 ... 6566676869 ...
tools
    Guys you gotta chill. It's a phone, like the features aren't THAT important. I'm pretty sure they're not gonna not release it. Just be patient. Like I'm checking for updates every day but I'm also not raging over something that'll probably happen in a matter of weeks....
    Well we're not really raging anymore... More like exasperated simmering.
    nufan947 and aximtreo like this.
    02-03-2015 12:54 AM
    We are inching ever closer to 75 pages of posts on this thread ...
    02-03-2015 01:26 AM
    We are inching ever closer to 75 pages of posts on this thread ...
    We have 166 on the mobile version.
    02-03-2015 05:27 AM
    Hmmm.... I'm thinking that it'll get released on its one year anniversary.
    and then they will say they supported it for one year.
    02-03-2015 07:36 AM
    Which begs a question: What is everyone going to do with the extra free time not spent checking in here and pushing that damn Update Phone button?
    Yes, especially since I expect we all have "automatically download" checked
    gernerttl likes this.
    02-03-2015 08:50 AM
    This looks so bad on verizon. Nobody will ever want to buy a verizon flagship again. This marsh they announce the new flag i hope. Microsoft better think twice before choosing to have flag ships on verizon over sprint or tmobile. I have sprinT and it better be getting a flagship with 20mp camera!!! Lumia 940 cant wait lol i hope its real.

But really who is going to buy another windows phone from verizon again. With sprint you get unlimeted for 60$. My gf has the 2gb plan with verizon and she can't stream nothing or play videos. While yes Sprint 3g sucks but I have 4g almost every where! I stream 1 hour videos and download updates all over network and never have to turn off data or worry. For only 60$ I don't understand how atat and Verizon get away with just 2gb for 70$.... rip off! But its worth for an icon if u ask me. That damn camera is amazing.
    GoJays likes this.
    02-03-2015 10:09 AM
    They just move over to windows 10 and cry about not receive that update fast enough. It will never end.
    02-03-2015 10:42 AM
    The whole thing is a joke.. can't imagine if this kind of thing happens on iPhone..
    02-03-2015 10:52 AM
    They just move over to windows 10 and cry about not receive that update fast enough. It will never end.
    I wouldn't be quick to assume that. I knew when I bought the phone that Denim/Windows 8.1 would be the last firmware/OS pushed to the ICON and I'm fine with that.
    jazz70, SpaceyO and aximtreo like this.
    02-03-2015 10:53 AM
    I wouldn't be quick to assume that. I knew when I bought the phone that Denim/Windows 8.1 would be the last firmware/OS pushed to the ICON and I'm fine with that.
    I agree we get Denim expect nothing more from Verizon for the Icon

we get Demin then I will put the WP10 DP on my phone and I'll be content till making a decision about what phone to get next after we get a look at the new WP flagship(s) released sometime around September this year
    02-03-2015 11:08 AM
    There's a difference between being last (something I don't object to, either) and being jerked around and ignored completely (something I am quite angry about).
    02-03-2015 11:17 AM
    I agree we get Denim expect nothing more from Verizon for the Icon
    Considering they quit selling the Icon after such a short shelf life then I agree, as well.
    02-03-2015 11:53 AM
    This looks so bad on verizon. Nobody will ever want to buy a verizon flagship again. This marsh they announce the new flag i hope. Microsoft better think twice before choosing to have flag ships on verizon over sprint or tmobile. I have sprinT and it better be getting a flagship with 20mp camera!!! Lumia 940 cant wait lol i hope its real.

But really who is going to buy another windows phone from verizon again. With sprint you get unlimeted for 60$. My gf has the 2gb plan with verizon and she can't stream nothing or play videos. While yes Sprint 3g sucks but I have 4g almost every where! I stream 1 hour videos and download updates all over network and never have to turn off data or worry. For only 60$ I don't understand how atat and Verizon get away with just 2gb for 70$.... rip off! But its worth for an icon if u ask me. That damn camera is amazing.
    I get 2GB for $66 incl all taxes and fees, which isn't half bad. But it really bugs me that it's not possible to go much higher without paying an arm and a leg. I feel like the "smart" part of the "smart phone" is severely crippled by data caps. But they have good coverage... still, I will have to see what AT&T and the others offer when I'm getting my next phone. I'd prefer not to be on Verizon ever again if I can avoid it. Most likely I'll try and figure out a way to get a flagship phone to work on T-Mobile. Really hope Microsoft comes out with something other than an "exclusive" again.
    02-03-2015 12:25 PM
    YEP ... but, Joe B is a VP and I believe that some of his people "do monitor" this ... but, also, some analysts and bloggers do ...
    02-03-2015 12:33 PM
    and then they will say they supported it for one year.
    Verizon support lasts two years. The 928 and 822 are well over a year and Verizon is still supporting them. The same goes for Android phones.
    02-03-2015 01:05 PM
    The whole thing is a joke.. can't imagine if this kind of thing happens on iPhone..
    The update process for the iPhone is the essentially the same with one difference. Apple updates the OS/firmware, sends the updates to the carriers for testing and approval (yes, Apple still requires the carrier's approval). Once ALL of the carriers are happy with the build, they give Apple a thumbs up. Apple then announces it is pushing out an update and when to expect the update. It then pushes the update out on the announced date.

The KEY difference is that Apple doesn't announce an update until AFTER the update is approved by the carriers. There are a lot of things that happen in the background that we don't see.
    02-03-2015 01:16 PM
    I actually unchecked it. I want to see if it ruins anyone's phone first.
    vepac likes this.
    02-03-2015 02:04 PM
    That is not true, IPhones do not require approval to update nor can the carrier hold back or block an update to an IPhone. An example is the IOS 6.1 update in which several carriers simply asked their users to wait before updating, since they could not stop the update. There is an in depth article about it.
    02-03-2015 02:31 PM
    That is not true, IPhones do not require approval to update nor can the carrier hold back or block an update to an IPhone. An example is the IOS 6.1 update in which several carriers simply asked their users to wait before updating, since they could not stop the update. There is an in depth article about it.
    Source?
    02-03-2015 02:47 PM
    Yes, they do! Apple does NOT have ANY control over what does or does not get allowed on the carriers' networks. Apple DOES require carrier approval. There are FCC rules that govern this and the carriers own their respective networks, NOT Apple. Like I said previously, Apple gets ALL of the carriers' approvals BEFORE it announces the update. Because Apple is both the OS AND the OEM for its devices, the process is much more streamlined. Apple sends its OS/firmware updates months in advance to allow the carriers to test to ensure there are no major flaws and/or security holes with enough time to allow for any fixes to be made. Since Apple's own internal testing program is fairly robust (though not perfect), the carriers testing is usually smoother.
    02-03-2015 02:58 PM
    Hate to say it but if Verizon releases another flagship I'm on it. I've been through this same thing with Android phones and yeah it sucks but oh well. Plus with my luck as soon as I switch carriers Verizon will release the update and the carrier I switch will be dragging their feet.
    02-03-2015 03:00 PM
    Ohh me to. We still have to keep vocal about the products tho so they know we are here and growing.
    Kieta likes this.
    02-03-2015 04:00 PM
    Hate to say it but if Verizon releases another flagship I'm on it. I've been through this same thing with Android phones and yeah it sucks but oh well. Plus with my luck as soon as I switch carriers Verizon will release the update and the carrier I switch will be dragging their feet.
    I'll probably do the same, I am going to try and keep my phone for the two years even if they release a new phone and even though I am on the edge program. I really don't want to let the phone go since I haven't had any issues that's worth trading the phone over.
    02-03-2015 04:18 PM
    I'm no longer on contract with Verizon. I got my Icon at a huge discount in like new condition from eBay. I wont upgrade unless the new flagship phone blows the Icon away. Its going to have to be a significant improvement for me to give up my unlimited data plan
    02-03-2015 04:27 PM
    Well we're not really raging anymore... More like exasperated simmering.
    Isn't it like a 12 step program ? We've already gone through hope, denial, begging and I think we are in depression stage now :(

WTF Verizon, Will they pay for my shrink when I actually, FINALLY get Denim after all this stress waiting for a freaking update that should of been here well over 6 months ago(talking Cyan for a second) ????

I'm no longer on contract with Verizon. I got my Icon at a huge discount in like new condition from eBay. I wont upgrade unless the new flagship phone blows the Icon away. Its going to have to be a significant improvement for me to give up my unlimited data plan
    Yea, have not been in a contract with Verizon in a VERY long time(going on 7-8 years now)....They can take my unlimited LTE data over my dead body..

MS needs to release a phone, that is for Verizon and BLOWS away the ICON, not really sure how they will pull that off when they seem to be only pushing low end phones now. Even if they release a Flagship model, what is the odds that Verizon will carry it after this mess ?? In my eyes, very slim.

Even then, I will buy it off contract or wait till I can get one used.
    Tjarren likes this.
    02-03-2015 08:31 PM
2,618 ... 6566676869 ...