01-03-2017 01:41 PM
2,618 ... 6869707172 ...
tools
    On my 822 with developer preview, Denim was pushed out without my needing to do anything, so it may be the same thing with Icon.
    02-04-2015 07:01 PM
    Hey guys,I currently have developer preview 8.1 installed and do I need to factory reset to install new denim on Friday?
    No, just uncheck the box within the dev preview app and check for update.
    02-04-2015 07:46 PM
    On my 822 with developer preview, Denim was pushed out without my needing to do anything, so it may be the same thing with Icon.
    I think you missed the memo on the 822 and 928 got denim on Friday, Dec 19, 2014.

The Icon is going to get it early 2015.
    02-04-2015 07:50 PM
    Page 70! woot! /s
    02-04-2015 08:02 PM
    ...I won't bother with DP this time because I think the upgrade will come soon enough.
    ^ +1
    02-04-2015 09:45 PM
    No one said you were clueless, since windows central posts alot of news during the week you may have missed the announcement.

Also alot of people come into this thread saying they have denim but its the Extras+Info bug.

Of course VZ will give the icon Denim just like the 822, but that is due in February.
    nolan533 likes this.
    02-04-2015 10:16 PM
    The firmware is basically a bios update in computer terms. Not really dependent on the os other then to run the executable to install and flash the chips. Qualcomm taking forever again it seems.
    gernerttl likes this.
    02-04-2015 10:57 PM
    Well, I keep posting on this thread that Verizon won't push the updates to the ICON. Just won't happen ever. Not this month, not next not ever. Now, why do I say this? It is just a gut feeling that I have. After all this time, I just don't see why Verizon will bother. We all know they hate Windows Phone, and probably not a fan of Microsoft either. We can probably forget about a Flagship Windows 10 phone on Verizon as well.
    02-04-2015 11:01 PM
    Well, I keep posting on this thread that Verizon won't push the updates to the ICON. Just won't happen ever. Not this month, not next not ever. Now, why do I say this? It is just a gut feeling that I have. After all this time, I just don't see why Verizon will bother. We all know they hate Windows Phone, and probably not a fan of Microsoft either. We can probably forget about a Flagship Windows 10 phone on Verizon as well.
    That would be a very foolish move considering the nature of windows 10
    02-04-2015 11:13 PM
    That would be a very foolish move considering the nature of windows 10

+1
    02-04-2015 11:30 PM
    Oh, oh, oh! Are we there yet? Are we there yet?
    nunyazz likes this.
    02-05-2015 12:27 AM
    I've been a little excited just knowing the update can be any time this month.
    02-05-2015 12:38 AM
    I wish we were there months ago lol
    02-05-2015 12:48 AM
    Wow, keep predicting doomsday and the end of times.
    02-05-2015 04:25 AM
    You talk about Verizon like it is a person with emotions.. Its a corporation and its actions are not based on petty things like "Not liking Windows" all of their decisions are based on profit.. If company's held grudges over profits Samsung would not be making processors for Iphones..
    02-05-2015 05:20 AM
    You must be right! If there's one thing Verizon hates, it's keeping customers!
    02-05-2015 06:29 AM
    Are you really going to make me pull over and turn this thing around?
    gernerttl and aximtreo like this.
    02-05-2015 08:11 AM
    You talk about Verizon like it is a person with emotions.. Its a corporation and its actions are not based on petty things like "Not liking Windows" all of their decisions are based on profit.. If company's held grudges over profits Samsung would not be making processors for Iphones..
    +1. I hope it'll do this Friday. I asked a representative and they said it'll come on Friday. At least I can hope
    02-05-2015 08:19 AM
    Patience is the level of endurance one can take before negativity.
    I am right there with you but I don't think Joe Belfiore from Microsoft would be tweeting that Verizon and them are working on a update together.
    Last edited by Victor Harshman; 02-05-2015 at 09:27 AM.
    MikeSo and fanbpunx like this.
    02-05-2015 08:35 AM
    the problem with your statement is that Joe Belfiore corporate VP at MS has publically stated we will be getting Denim and he is putting his reputation on the line with public statements about the Icon because otherwise we would get zero info from Verizon, if we were talking about some random blogger or some other unverified rumor stating that we would be getting Denim your guess would hold more weight imho
    SpaceyO, MikeSo, Tjarren and 1 others like this.
    02-05-2015 10:31 AM
    Patience is the level of endurance one can take before negativity.
    I love that quote!
    02-05-2015 10:36 AM
    I think he found it in Revelation somewhere.
    aximtreo and nunyazz like this.
    02-05-2015 12:16 PM
    Ok, I did not want to tip my hand on this one, but I'll risk it for the sake of clarification of why I have been posting what I have on this thread. I am always wrong about things like this. So, if I come out with firm conviction and I believe that I am right, then I'll be proven wrong when the update comes out. So, you see it is a kind of reverse logical psychology on Verizon here.

However, after saying all that, and the fact that Joe B has stated publically that Verizon and Microsoft are working together to get the update done in "early 2015" who knows how truly motivated Verizon is about doing the update and are they worried about Joe's reputation? I don't think so. I also know I attribute Verizon as having "feelings" like a person. I can see that point. Lets look at it at another way. As a large company, do I worry about a small group of customers (Windows Phone Users, all 12 of them) or do I pay attention to the vast majority of my customers and make sure they are taken care of first and foremost (I-Phone and Android all 25 bazillion of them). It is easy to see who you'd want happy and who would maybe not really care to much about.

Time will tell, but I am still betting on a no show for any updates in February, again, just my gut feeling based on what has happened thus far. But this is a forum, you don't need to logical!
    02-05-2015 12:50 PM
    Ah...the George Costanza method.

I like it.
    MikeSo likes this.
    02-05-2015 12:55 PM
2,618 ... 6869707172 ...