01-03-2017 01:41 PM
2,618 ... 8384858687 ...
tools
    I think double tap to wake is a hardware limitation on the Icon. Seems like there might be more to the internals being different from the 930 than just the antennas/networking.
    02-11-2015 09:24 AM
    If you re-enable PfD, check for updates. It takes a loooong time (like upwards of 5-10 minutes) but there is an update.
    I still haven't revived the OTA :(, I wanna join in on the fun!
    02-11-2015 09:25 AM
    Ugh, i cant get my apps to backup! My last backup was 10 months ago haha. Some IT guy i am if i cant even keep my phone backed up :P
    02-11-2015 09:29 AM
    good job all that stuck with the Icon and didn't jump ship to one of the other dark-side platforms

9 months and 4 days of FUD, tin foil hat conspiracy theories have finally come to an end

I am glad for the update but the way VZ treated us WP customers for the better part of year will be fresh in my mind when it comes time to renew my contract with them

I have been with VZ now for 8 years, it will be strange to shop around for carriers this time

*edit: by the way today is my birthday also
    MikeSo, DavidinCT and aximtreo like this.
    02-11-2015 09:31 AM
    Dear Verizon/ Microsoft,
    My birthday is next week. All I want for my birthday is to see that my Icon has updated to Denim. I'm really not asking for much since you already promised it would be released around this same timeframe. The only thing better than getting Denim for my birthday would be getting it as an early birthday gift. So get on it Verizon/Microsoft, my birthday only comes around once a year.
    Dear Verizon/Microsoft,
    I just received word of your thoughtful birthday gift. Although I haven't had time to install the update yet I'm hoping to install Denim on my Icon later today. Although my birthday isn't until next week, I just wanted to say thank you for delivering this a bit early. I have been looking forward to this for a while now. Once again, thanks for the awesome birthday gift

hyde
    dkediger likes this.
    02-11-2015 09:33 AM
    Hey Cortana is really, really cool....and I've been playing with it on the Windows 10TP. But on the phone Cortana actually does something other than a Bing search :)

It's gonna be fun when the PC Cortana catches up to the phone Cortana...I can make 'em race :)
    aximtreo likes this.
    02-11-2015 09:34 AM
    Ugh, i cant get my apps to backup! My last backup was 10 months ago haha. Some IT guy i am if i cant even keep my phone backed up :P
    Mine is just taking awhile to back up everything. What a great feature to have in an operating system, though. All my photos and videos on OneDrive already. Now just backing up everything else with the tap of a finger through the settings.

By the way - Brad Sams reports that he got Denim OTA on his Icon.

02-11-2015 09:36 AM
    Mine is just taking awhile to back up everything. What a great feature to have in an operating system, though. All my photos and videos on OneDrive already. Now just backing up everything else with the tap of a finger through the settings.
    I deleted all my previous backupes and it's going much quicker now. I planned on wiping my phone when we finally got this update so i dont want my OTA update :P
    02-11-2015 09:39 AM
    Sensor core is working! Woohoo!
    02-11-2015 09:41 AM
    I deleted all my previous backupes and it's going much quicker now. I planned on wiping my phone when we finally got this update so i dont want my OTA update :P
    The only reason i'm not using the recovery tool right now is that I'm a donkey and left the Micro USB cable I needed at home. I'll probably do a hard reset after I install OTA.
    aximtreo likes this.
    02-11-2015 09:43 AM
    I still haven't revived the OTA :(, I wanna join in on the fun!
    Denim update now available for Lumia Icon through Software Recovery Tool | Windows Central

I was seeing no sign of the OTA so I just used the LSRT because I was going to reset the phone and start fresh anyway
    02-11-2015 09:44 AM
    The only reason i'm not using the recovery tool right now is that I'm a donkey and left the Micro USB cable I needed at home. I'll probably do a hard reset after I install OTA.
    Haha i plan on using a co-workers for mine. I left my whole computer bag at home... go figure the one day i need it :P
    02-11-2015 09:45 AM
    Haha i plan on using a co-workers for mine. I left my whole computer bag at home... go figure the one day i need it :P
    Uhg... The first world problem of Wireless Charging docks
    dkediger, Tjarren and hawwie_4 like this.
    02-11-2015 09:51 AM
    Great, I am on T-mobile and this update made everything work.
    SMS
    MMS
    WIFI HotSpot
    Voicemail
    LTE
    Although I only had problem with MMS and Internet Sharing, and now they work great.
    PS: Manual APN is OFF
    02-11-2015 09:52 AM
    I just tried to OTA update and am getting "we are currently unable to check for updates". So, I am guessing something is going on.
    02-11-2015 09:54 AM
    Uhg... The first world problem of Wireless Charging docks
    haha ikr! I need one of thoes for my desk, currently only have one on my nightstand. I ordered one when ATT had them for $5 but my order got canceled like many others lol.
    02-11-2015 09:57 AM
    New accent color, Bright Green!

wp_ss_20150211_0001.jpg
    Indistinguishable likes this.
    02-11-2015 10:00 AM
    I know the OTA isn't supposed to hit until 1pm EST, but am I the only one sitting here checking for updates all am?

wp_ss_20150211_0002.jpg
    jrtintpa and hawwie_4 like this.
    02-11-2015 10:02 AM
    If you re-enable PfD, check for updates. It takes a loooong time (like upwards of 5-10 minutes) but there is an update.
    I did this, and it took a loooong time, but it says no update is available.
    02-11-2015 10:03 AM
    Hey Cortana is really, really cool....and I've been playing with it on the Windows 10TP. But on the phone Cortana actually does something other than a Bing search :)

It's gonna be fun when the PC Cortana catches up to the phone Cortana...I can make 'em race :)
    Do you mean "Hey Cortana"? Cortana has been on the Icon since 8.1 came out, it didn't need Denim.
    02-11-2015 10:05 AM
    No you are not the only one checking for OTA updates. I am too. Stupid me doesn't have a USB cable on me today.. Stooopid!
    02-11-2015 10:05 AM
    I did this, and it took a loooong time, but it says no update is available.
    Same here.... then again, I need to wait until I'm on wifi to download it anyway, but I just want the satisfaction of seeing its available with my own eyes.
    02-11-2015 10:06 AM
    Mine still says up to date. Probably just everyone thrashing the update server trying to get the update.
    02-11-2015 10:08 AM
    Ugh backup got to 97% and failed... now im stuck on 11% again on my app backup...

Does anyone know if i will still have my download history? I'm about to wipe this thing and re-dowload my app manually if I still have access to the list.
    02-11-2015 10:09 AM
    Hmm, didn't think you could get it by wifi since the install PDFs does not mention it. Of course they DO say to remove the battery if the update stalls..
    Tjarren likes this.
    02-11-2015 10:10 AM
2,618 ... 8384858687 ...