01-03-2017 01:41 PM
2,618 ... 979899100101 ...
tools
    Been on with customer support and she says I have to wait until there's a newer update ! I haven't got Denim yet, but the OS version says I have. Says the number is 8.1.14219.341. How do I get Denim? Im on PFD and have the box checked etc. and yes I've pressed check for updates, turned the phone off, checked for updates etc. Any help??
    Denim update now available for Lumia Icon through Software Recovery Tool | Windows Central
    aximtreo likes this.
    02-12-2015 03:34 PM
    I just found it. Go to Settings..Applications..photos+camera. From there you have a choice of default camera app, Lumia Camera or Microsoft Camera.
    Right, it's still there, my tile for it carried over in my backup and that launches it as well. But if you didn't have that, there'd be no way to pin it since it is not in the app list. Weird.
    02-12-2015 03:39 PM
    In settings > lockscreen > background > you have add the WEATHER
    Weather | Windows Phone Apps+Games Store (United States)

And in settings > glance > you have to enable "background app"

And "date"/detailed -/quick notifications.
    Am I wrong or does the Icon have Glance? I didn't think it did.
    Harrie-S likes this.
    02-12-2015 03:45 PM
    The Icon does not support glance.
    02-12-2015 03:59 PM
    I noticed there is an option to reset the camera. Go to Settings..Applications..photos+camera. Give that a try.
    Tell me if I'm wrong, but I thought reset camera meant to reset it's settings.
    02-12-2015 04:00 PM
    Pre-Denim when using the Nokia Qi charger DT-910 it would pop up with the Weather+Calendar app (where it would have the time, weather, and upcoming appointments/events). Now that I have Denim installed, when I go to put my Icon on the charger, the app Weather+Calendar no longer shows up. Instead if has an area to launch any app, but I can't find the Weather+Calendar app.

Does anyone have any suggestions or know where I can find/download the app?
    I'm not aware of a Weather+Calendar. Do you mean MSN weather and the stock calendar? If so, select weather as the background of the lock screen (from settings) and calendar as more detailed status.
    02-12-2015 04:17 PM
    Trust me. It's not. Not when I search the apps either. Only if I use my SS tile, or if I set the default to it and press the hardware button. I updated using the recovery too, not OTA; that might be a factor?
    It's just called, "Camera."
    02-12-2015 04:31 PM
    I must be overlooking something, for I'm not able to find Glance in Settings. :(
    The Icon doesn't have Glance. Sorry.
    02-12-2015 04:32 PM
    I'm not aware of a Weather+Calendar. Do you mean MSN weather and the stock calendar? If so, select weather as the background of the lock screen (from settings) and calendar as more detailed status.
    This review shows what I'm trying to say. I guess it's more of a 'screensaver' when the DT-910's NFC tag is pick.

Here's an example of the 'screensaver' in question. It would rotate between this and a screen that shows the battery status.

screensaver.png
    02-12-2015 04:33 PM
    Pre-Denim when using the Nokia Qi charger DT-910 it would pop up with the Weather+Calendar app (where it would have the time, weather, and upcoming appointments/events). Now that I have Denim installed, when I go to put my Icon on the charger, the app Weather+Calendar no longer shows up. Instead if has an area to launch any app, but I can't find the Weather+Calendar app.

Does anyone have any suggestions or know where I can find/download the app?
    It's not a Denim issue. It's a WP8.1 OS issue. When Microsoft updated the accessories app to device hub, it got rid of Weather+Calendar. It's been missing for quite a while (several months) for us WP8.1 DP users.
    02-12-2015 04:35 PM
    It's not a Denim issue. It's a WP8.1 OS issue. When Microsoft updated the accessories app to device hub, it got rid of Weather+Calendar. It's been missing for quite a while (several months) for us WP8.1 DP users.
    D'oh!! Thanks for the info.
    *sigh*
    02-12-2015 04:42 PM
    Firmware revision number? Under "about" Because mines : 1028.3512.1337.0024
    Where did you get that number from?
    Which phone do you have? The latest Icon firmare on Denim is what gernerttl said, 02540.00019.15024.38022. Even without Denim, you should have had firmware that ended with 0047 if you own an Icon, I believe. Unless you didn't have the latest firmware even before Denim, I suppose.

The OS version won't change, it's the same as PfD if I recall correctly.

Make sure you have the Preview for Developers app installed and the checkbox in it checked. Then go and check for updates in Settings. It might sit there for a LOONG time looking for updates but evenetually you'll get it. If you don't, I don't know what to do. You sure you have an Icon? :)
    02-12-2015 05:03 PM
    It's just called, "Camera."
    Right I know; several others are missing it as well. Searching just "camera" on the app list only brings up lumia camera.
    02-12-2015 05:07 PM
    ok so after the update I have lumia camera and lumia camera classic what one should I keep and use that takes advantage of all the camera updates that came with the denim update

thanks
    02-12-2015 06:14 PM
    Right I know; several others are missing it as well. Searching just "camera" on the app list only brings up lumia camera.
    I did a hard reset and guess what? No camera... interesting...
    02-12-2015 06:54 PM
    None of you guys are having tint/hue issues?

Crank it up to high brightness open a pure black picture. Go to a dark room, is your screen black or have a red/purple hue to it?
    02-12-2015 06:55 PM
    If you're using auto brightness, which I've always found is the best setting, you'll never have to experience high brightness in a dark room.

I haven't noticed any problem at all on mine
    aximtreo likes this.
    02-12-2015 06:58 PM
    If you're using auto brightness, which I've always found is the best setting, you'll never have to experience high brightness in a dark room.

Well yes I agree, that's not the point it messes with the colors on the screen, when black on an amoled it shouldn't be emitting this much light, for me its noticible even in the office under flourecent light and set to auto the screen gets brighter and the bottom edge is washed out...

http://i.imgur.com/P61a5nO.jpg
    02-12-2015 07:04 PM

I usually keep my brightness on the default low day and night, but the red tint is barely visible in the day (even on high/auto brightness), which is why I didn't notice it until the evening.
    02-12-2015 07:08 PM
    I did a hard reset and guess what? No camera... interesting...
    That's nuts! It's gone from your app list, but if you go to photo+video settings you can still choose it as the default, right?
    02-12-2015 08:12 PM
    I usually keep my brightness on the default low day and night, but the red tint is barely visible in the day (even on high/auto brightness), which is why I didn't notice it until the evening.
    Do you also have the delayed action center pull down? I noticed that plus a slight flicker to the screen. Seems like we might have the same batch of screens some 930's came with or we need the same latest update the 930 got that apparently fixed the issue?
    02-12-2015 08:15 PM
    Do you also have the delayed action center pull down? I noticed that plus a slight flicker to the screen. Seems like we might have the same batch of screens some 930's came with or we need the same latest update the 930 got that apparently fixed the issue?
    I have the red tinted black on high brightness. But everything is super smooth.

Have you tried restarting your phone? Because I think a few people have reported laggyness and it has been remedied by a smart reset.
    02-12-2015 08:48 PM
    I don't have any delay or lag. Everything else is working perfectly.
    02-12-2015 09:01 PM
    Can we use the treasure tag now?
    02-12-2015 09:07 PM
    Its downloading!!!!!
    shawshank-redemption-script.jpg
    gernerttl, feeked and aximtreo like this.
    02-12-2015 09:24 PM
2,618 ... 979899100101 ...