Official 8.1/Denim for the Icon?

Eric Hamilton

Nov 18, 2012
Visit site
I will do this for you and everyone else. I have TERRIBLE luck betting. I always lose. So, I will bet $25.00 that there won't be an update for the ICON at all, ever. There, that should do it.

donebrasko

May 16, 2013
Visit site
1413783772104.jpg1413783772104.jpgMy developer preview says denim.... How can I check to see if it really does?

Nevermind I read back some post and I see that it's not real. I got so happy

Last edited:

arbyjr

May 22, 2014
Visit site
His phone doesn't have Denim. It's just an information screen about Denim, it's not the actual denim firmware installed.
I'm not really going to argue this any farther because it more than likely doesn't, but that screen glitch you your referring to if you closer out the screen then reopen it switches back to displaying Lumia black, but on my phone this is not happening, it's still showing lumina denim.
The phone updated something other then just the extra+info app the other day after my Microsoft rep played with my phone (not a rep for VZW, I do not work for Verizon).

I have not went through the training session, but when on the Cortana screen what does your phones do when you just ask out a question or even call out hey Cortana,

MikeSo

Dec 31, 2012
Visit site
I'm not really going to argue this any farther because it more than likely doesn't, but that screen glitch you your referring to if you closer out the screen then reopen it switches back to displaying Lumia black, but on my phone this is not happening, it's still showing lumina denim.
The phone updated something other then just the extra+info app the other day after my Microsoft rep played with my phone (not a rep for VZW, I do not work for Verizon).

I have not went through the training session, but when on the Cortana screen what does your phones do when you just ask out a question or even call out hey Cortana,
My phone insists on displaying "Lumia Denim" on that screen as well. Our phones do not have Denim.

Go to Settings -> About -> More Info and it will show
Firmware revision number: 1028.3566.1417.0047

WScottCross

Sep 18, 2013
Visit site
I only have a problem with the phone getting hot if I leave the flashlight-x open in the background. If I remember to close it, the battery life is fine and the phone doesn't get hot. Not saying there isn't some underlying firmware issue, but it does appear to be triggered by certain apps for me.

HarrBear

Oct 10, 2014
Visit site
I know that as soon as I update to 8.1 DP, the actual updates will come out. I'm thinking of making that sacrifice for you folks.

feeked

Jan 20, 2012
Visit site
I know that as soon as I update to 8.1 DP, the actual updates will come out. I'm thinking of making that sacrifice for you folks.

you may as well do it. they fixed the bitlocker issue, so it won't be necessary to reset to factory settings to get cyan/denim.

Patriots1959

Aug 3, 2014
Visit site
On a side note, my Verizon sales goon claims the Nokia Tablet 2520 power keyboard "is now obsolete with no additional quantities coming in". Its available at ATT. Perhaps Verizon is eventually dropping support for all Lumia devices, not just the Icon.

fredd

Feb 15, 2008
Visit site
Why wouldnt you update to the 8.1 dp. I did a long time ago and I can honestly say I dont have any different problems than I did before i updated

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jacobss