Official 8.1/Denim for the Icon?

Obsidial

May 14, 2014
Visit site
Like GoJays said...look at the video. Cortana is clearly on it, and she says "Ships with Windows Phone 8.1".

Interesting and all...but at the glacial pace that Verizon is moving...I'm not getting my hopes up. In fact I'm inching ever so closer to just abandoning Windows Phone, iOS, Android and moving to a shack in the woods with a tin can and string.

SoapBox3000

Jun 6, 2014
Visit site
to anyone that missed my comment before:

I got off the phone with a customer service rep from Verizon and they said that the Update (not specifying which one cyan or denim) was released from testing on 10/14/14 and normally takes about 2-3 weeks for it to start pushing OTA to our phones. So the timeline that I'm giving this is end of month for October to the middle of November.

Granted, I am taking this info with a grain of salt just due to the lack of official notification from Verizon Proper. But at least in my mind I am beginning to see the light at the end of the tunnel...sorta...could be a hallucination...*delayed nervous laugh*

OldMillXxX

Jul 10, 2013
Visit site
I spoke to my Verizon corporate sales goon today: Apparently there were two versions of the Icon. He believes the 1st was retired and the 2nd version will get Cyan/WP8.1 soon (can you believe it?) The goon offered to research the Icon retirement situation and get back to me tomorrow - more to come!

Well???????

Obsidial

May 14, 2014
Visit site
to anyone that missed my comment before:

I got off the phone with a customer service rep from Verizon and they said that the Update (not specifying which one cyan or denim) was released from testing on 10/14/14 and normally takes about 2-3 weeks for it to start pushing OTA to our phones. So the timeline that I'm giving this is end of month for October to the middle of November.

Granted, I am taking this info with a grain of salt just due to the lack of official notification from Verizon Proper. But at least in my mind I am beginning to see the light at the end of the tunnel...sorta...could be a hallucination...*delayed nervous laugh*

I too wish that it's true, but I have to say if Verizon's intention was to 'break' me, they have...I've lost hope for WP in the US. I thought I'd be cool getting a flagship as my first real WP...I was wrong!!! I got the 520 prepaid and used it SIM-less to mess around with WP...and guess what? That piece of crap has CYAN/8.1 AND MY "FLAGSHIP" DEVICE DOESNT!!!!!

If their intention was to make me give up on WP...they've succeeded. If Cyan/Denim/8.1 comes out in the next few weeks...great, I'll probably try it out and it will be great...but then I'll wipe my Icon and put it up for sale. Sadly...I think this is how it is going to be in the US for Nokia/WP...Nokia has lost their mojo here in the US and they don't have ANY pull with carriers anymore.

Indistinguishable

Nov 16, 2012
Visit site
Make sure you check for updates at 12:00 PST today. ;)

Justin-Timberlake-Blank-Stare.gif

Indistinguishable

Nov 16, 2012
Visit site
Relying on the Microsoft Store website for "leaked" information about the Nokia Lumia Icon reminds me of the time an early test website went up on the Verizon Website listing the Icon at $777.

Then this happened:

6eAR7fc.gif

anon(5383410)

Nov 16, 2012
Visit site
The fact that they discontinued the best Lumia, and the XBox Music fiasco have me feeling very shaky about the future of the platform. Nokia, even in its heyday, dominated the market with low-mid range devices. I'm starting to get the feeling MS bought them to attempt to takeover this market and nothing more. I hope I'm wrong, I really do.

Obsidial

May 14, 2014
Visit site
If 8.1 or Cyan or Denim or...well, any sort of update from Microsoft & Verizon comes out today...I'm going to be forced to be in a good mood today and I damn well DO NOT want to be in a good mood today!!!!

You kids...get off my lawn!!!

awilliams1701

Jun 17, 2013
Visit site
If you had purchased the 1520 from AT&T or otherwise (1520.3) it would also have Cyan and it IS a flagship since its essentially the same hardware as the Icon just bigger.

I too wish that it's true, but I have to say if Verizon's intention was to 'break' me, they have...I've lost hope for WP in the US. I thought I'd be cool getting a flagship as my first real WP...I was wrong!!! I got the 520 prepaid and used it SIM-less to mess around with WP...and guess what? That piece of crap has CYAN/8.1 AND MY "FLAGSHIP" DEVICE DOESNT!!!!!

If their intention was to make me give up on WP...they've succeeded. If Cyan/Denim/8.1 comes out in the next few weeks...great, I'll probably try it out and it will be great...but then I'll wipe my Icon and put it up for sale. Sadly...I think this is how it is going to be in the US for Nokia/WP...Nokia has lost their mojo here in the US and they don't have ANY pull with carriers anymore.

Staff online

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
bevitalglucopre