Official 8.1/Denim for the Icon?

AR2186

Dec 18, 2012
Visit site
You figure this out and I'll build a statue in your honor.

As I can't seem to figure out the rest of it, here's what I have discovered so far. Looking at just the FFU file:
Base URL: http://nds2.fds-fire.nokia.com/fds_fire/
Year/Month build finalized or released: YYMM/
Unknown 4 Digits: XXXX/
Unknown 10 Digits: XXXXXXXXXX/
Firmware Identifier - see below

For the firmware identifier:
Unknown 8 Numbers & Letters: A1B2C3D4_
RM: RMXXX_
Firmware Version: XXXX.XXXX.XXXX.XXXXX_
Model ID: RETAIL_nam_vzw_usa_100
Unknown Icon Specific Flag (it seems): _XX_
Configuration ID: XXXXX_ (I think)
Last Part: prd_signed.ffu

So for example, the last update was
http://nds2.fds-fire.nokia.com/fds_...7_RETAIL_nam_vzw_100_47_414495_prd_signed.ffu

Anyway, I have no idea where to even attempt to go from here. I think someone could reverse engineer it based on information within the system image (not too hard to mount the FFU), but I don't know enough of where to look other than in the different XML configuration files. Basically, I have a feeling all of those unknown variables are meaningful to the software / firmware version, but am unsure as to how to find it.

Any help would be appreciated

Last edited:

Surmisation

Mar 17, 2013
Visit site
Could this update be in preparation for Cyan/Denim? Nah, that's far too optimistic of a view...

Dunno, but whatever it is seems to ICON specific. Just checked a Lumia 521 on the DP and "up-to-date".

EDIT: Firmware still on Lumia Black. But, to reiterate again that the update was specific to the ICON.

EDIT 2: Nevermind. Maybe the rollout is staggered along devices.

Last edited:

Hotvak123

Sep 28, 2013
Visit site
Just got my Icon today and check info, it was showing Lumia denim , I check for updates , but nothing so I turn on the dp downloader and got, xxx.280 check info now it reads Lumia black.
so there working on it , and looks like there tracking down the problems and when they find them all, I am sure Verizon will be next.
I also noted that my home button didn't light up , but now they do, and the battery seem cooler as well.
I only had it for a few hours , but playing with it seem to get hot, but after the update its not. my battery was only at 15% when I got it, now its 95% that may explain the heat. playing with it and charging it at the same time. I am glade I got this phone.

SoapBox3000

Jun 6, 2014
Visit site
Tertalock just has to be set up again. I updated with pfd for the critical update and it didn't work initially but I reopened the app and now it works

awilliams1701

Jun 17, 2013
Visit site
So I now have Cyan.........on my new 1520.3. I can see why everyone hates Xbox Music. Compared to the old built in one the Icon currently has, its slow to start and so far its playing my songs alphabetically rather than by track number. I'm OCD so its driving me a little nuts. I created playlists for my car to solve that problem in my car. I guess I might need to do that for the phone too.

AR2186

Dec 18, 2012
Visit site
they probably would if I had them in my phone. They are on a flash drive in my car. My car can play USB files as a music source. Its just a matter of doing it.
There is a program that brings back the old music player, I think its called something like "Music Hub tile". The app is still there, just hidden

falconrap

Nov 14, 2012
Visit site
Since installing the DP on my Icon I have had the issue with the lock screen taking several seconds to load. After installing the update yesterday, my lock screen comes up within a second or so of hitting the power button. I've checked this repeatedly and it continues to respond quickly instead of being slow as molasses to power up. It's also generally quicker to scroll around. They clearly fixed something, at least on my phone.

HarrBear

Oct 10, 2014
Visit site
Since installing the DP on my Icon I have had the issue with the lock screen taking several seconds to load. After installing the update yesterday, my lock screen comes up within a second or so of hitting the power button. I've checked this repeatedly and it continues to respond quickly instead of being slow as molasses to power up. It's also generally quicker to scroll around. They clearly fixed something, at least on my phone.

The lock screen issue is what always had me downgrading to 8.0, but I agree that it is responding faster.

Indistinguishable

Nov 16, 2012
Visit site

The lock screen issue is what always had me downgrading to 8.0, but I agree that it is responding faster.

The power button lag comes and goes with use. I'll occasionally get it back when I do a soft reset. Then it'll be gone the next day.

quantum tao

Jan 9, 2013
Visit site
Ugh ever since this critical update my Icon is running hot. I never had the overheating problem with the DP before. Disappointing.
happened to me yesterday after updating. tried multiple soft resets and reboots to no avail. then last night I was looking in my photos and it showed an old photo that needed attention to be uploaded, which was strange because I don't have auto-uploading turned on. I tapped it , it uploaded, I went to sleep with it on the charger. today is running cool and battery is back to normal. :confused:

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
powerupgo