Official 8.1/Denim for the Icon?

Surmisation

Mar 17, 2013
Visit site
It's weird, isn't it? The only info we have is from CSRs and they all say different things since they probably know nothing. I'm almost starting to wonder if ANYONE on Verizon knows anything about this!

Somewhere on this planet in these dimensions of space and time, multiple persons are aware of what the situation is.

Their silence is insolence

Surmisation

Mar 17, 2013
Visit site
Wow... This is ridiculous. I'm seriously tempted to pay my ETF and get the heck off Verizon.

Verizon is abhorrent with post-launch support, but they got some dope hardware.

Today, they announced a Motorola exclusive with nearly identical specs to the Nexus 6 but with the screen measuring in at a more manageable 5.2".

Sound familiar?

Kieta

Jan 18, 2013
Visit site
Yes, and according to the article, T-Mobile back tracked, pulled the original post, and no updates are actually being pushed.

My comment was from the T-Mobile 925 forum here where people posted screenshots of getting prompted to install 8.1. Some are getting it. But more importantly us ICON users are not. :(

anon(7901790)

Aug 5, 2013
Visit site
We're not the only ones. Don't forget the 928 as well as the people on Metro PCS. Evidently, the 1320 for Cricket got it sometime a while back. I'm not sure when. And the only people on T-Mobile who will get it will be the 925 and 521 users. For the other T-Mobile phones, it is unavailable.

Indistinguishable

Nov 16, 2012
Visit site
We're not the only ones. Don't forget the 928 as well as the people on Metro PCS. Evidently, the 1320 for Cricket got it sometime a while back. I'm not sure when. And the only people on T-Mobile who will get it will be the 925 and 521 users. For the other T-Mobile phones, it is unavailable.

I'm getting sick of hearing this...

Verizon is not comparable to Metro PCS, Cricket, or even T-Mobile. Verizon is the largest, highest grossing, most profitable carrier in the United States. That's a kin to comparing your neighborhood "mom and pop" grocery store to Whole Foods. The only fair comparison that can be made is AT&T, who is a distant second in terms of net income.

There's no defense for Verizon. They're abandoning their partnership with Microsoft and treating their WP customers like ****.

anon(7901790)

Aug 5, 2013
Visit site
Who says I'm defending Verizon? I'm just trying to put things into perspective. Everybody wants their stuff immediately if not sooner. That is now the American way... Whining and complaining about a perceived entitlement causes nothing but stress and worry.

Indistinguishable

Nov 16, 2012
Visit site
Who says I'm defending Verizon? I'm just trying to put things into perspective. Everybody wants their stuff immediately if not sooner. That is now the American way... Whining and complaining about a perceived entitlement causes nothing but stress and worry.

And I'm correcting this "perspective."

If you think I'm losing sleep over this, you're wrong. But Verizon is doing a grave injustice to Microsoft and WP8. And we shouldn't be sugar coating it.

Verizon is the largest telecommunications company in the US. And they're acting like we, the consumer, do not exist. It's their right to do so. And it's our prerogative, as members of a (pseudo)capitalist society, to fight back.

MikeSo

Dec 31, 2012
Visit site

Whining and complaining is the only way to get their attention publicly... A few thousand of us leaving silently does nothing to their bottom line. If you leave because you get better value elsewhere, that is a good reason, but if you leave only to make a statement, it's useless. So we're left with whining and complaining. The Lumia 521 and 925 are popular devices and I'm glad they are getting updated. There is no excuse for Verizon not to do the same, none.

donebrasko

May 16, 2013
Visit site
Verizon is abhorrent with post-launch support, but they got some dope hardware.

Today, they announced a Motorola exclusive with nearly identical specs to the Nexus 6 but with the screen measuring in at a more manageable 5.2".

Sound familiar?

3900 battery 21mp camera 2k screen comes in 32 or 64 GB..... I'll be getting the 64 on Friday. But I'm keeping the icon.

Indistinguishable

Nov 16, 2012
Visit site
3900 battery 21mp camera 2k screen comes in 32 or 64 GB..... I'll be getting the 64 on Friday. But I'm keeping the icon.

If it ran WP, I'd consider it. But it runs Android. So I'd rather use ANY Windows Phone, no matter how unsupported Verizon causes them to be.

I'd seriously rather use my old HTC Trophy.

hawwie_4

Aug 9, 2014
Visit site
Its crap that Verizon doesn't give the Windows Phone the attention it deserves but I understand why they don't. Sitting in class today, EVERONE else had their iPhones out, I was the ONLY person in there who didn't own an iPhone. Its very hard for WP to compete with that sort of brand strength/loyalty. Verizon executives have to make their shareholders happy with a good return on investment. The best way for them to do this is to support the most popular OS's which WP is unfortunately not one of.

Edit: I also want to share this article I saw earlier about WP.
http://www.huffingtonpost.com/robert-j-elisberg/windows-phone-81-its-not-_b_6061306.html

Last edited:

anon(7901790)

Aug 5, 2013
Visit site
Not exactly, The 930 is a different model. Close, but different.

And unfortunately, it does not work on any US LTE band though it will work well on HSPA+ (H+) which is capable of up 41Mbps (theoretically). Well...theoretically it could work on AT&Ts 2100MHz band that is leased by Cingular Wireless, but that is a relatively small amount of people; and even then, I'm not sure about what I've found in my research.

Spectrum Dashboard - Reboot.FCC.gov

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
COME ON WIN ANDROID (ADI)